Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:27 pm

Is there a number to call to see what is going on? They literally had 1 month of life to check on my newborn's son. We also have no criminal record. It has been 6 weeks and still pending. I'm seeing adults approved in a matter of days. What is going on?

Last edited by SudOvest; Jul 22, 2022 at 6:37 pm Reason: FT Rule 12.2: Expression of prejudice concerning race
Old Jul 16, 2022, 5:49 am

Just adding to the Data points for those looking in the future

New Application for 8 year old child
Applied: 7/8/2022

CA: 7/15/2022
Interview: 7/17/22
Final Approval: 7/17/22

Snagged an appointment two weeks from now tomorrow thanks to the GOESbot account on twitter which posts appointments for the SFO location as they come available. Just got lucky. I'm happy about that because it means pre-check for an upcoming domestic flight and for our outbound south america trip.

We will likely go through approval upon entry thing for her when we return from South America in September - unless I happen to find an appointment first.

Last edited by Trixare4kids; Jul 18, 2022 at 5:31 am Reason: Please do not post the same information in more than one thread. Thank you.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:41 am

Global Entry - wife quickly conditionally approved, husband waiting

Good experiences recently with family members being quickly approved on new Global Entry applications. Had one couple where the wife was conditionally approved within three days of application, but husband is waiting for now two weeks. Is there any way to tell what might be the cause of the husband's delay?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, GE, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
My wife just passed the 5 month mark and is still "Pending Review".

Applied Feb 14 and still waiting.
My wife (Brazilian) applied 2/15/22 and is also Pending Review

Last edited by CirqueRunaway; Jul 19, 2022 at 10:04 am Reason: forgot to quote
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:03 pm

My wife just passed the 5 month mark and is still "Pending Review".

Applied Feb 14 and still waiting.
same. Applied Feb 15 and still waiting.
my spouse applied Feb 16. Got her CA the next day.
2 other family members applied in June. Got CA approved the next day.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | Avios | SkyMiles
Got this email response…

Thank you for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.

This is a general email, and we recognize that it may not address your specific situation. Please review the information below and reply directly to this email if this general information does not resolve your inquiry.

We are currently experiencing a backlog in processing. Processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed as follows:

. GE: 4-6 months
. NEXUS: 12-14 months
. SENTRI: 10 months

These are average times. Unfortunately, we cannot anticipate a date of completion for your specific application at this time.

All applicants should check the Trusted Traveler Program website periodically for updates or status of their application.

Additionally, If you submit a renewal application before your membership expires, you will be able to continue to use benefits after your membership expiration date. We recommend that you print out a copy of your pending renewal to show the Customs and Border Protection Officer, if requested.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my family member already conditionally approved, even though we applied on the same day?
A: Each application is processed and vetted individually. Applications are not vetted by groups.

Q: I have travel scheduled. Can you please expedite my application?
A: The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you are conditionally approved before you return from your international travel, you may be able to complete your interview while re-entering the United States, as part of our Enrollment On Arrival program (EoA).

Q: I made a mistake on my application. Can I update this?
A: Once you have submitted and paid for your application to a Trusted Traveler Program, you must wait until the interview stage to correct or update anything on your application. Once certified and submitted, the application is locked. Be sure to take any supporting documents with you to the Enrollment Center at the time of your interview, and update anything before an officer adjudicates your case.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by stevehuff
Good experiences recently with family members being quickly approved on new Global Entry applications. Had one couple where the wife was conditionally approved within three days of application, but husband is waiting for now two weeks. Is there any way to tell what might be the cause of the husband's delay?
What "delay" are you speaking of? I applied for my 2 month old son 2 MONTHS ago and his application is still pending review. We are a family with no criminal history. Both my wife, my daughter and I all have active Global Entry memberships. What the heck??

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 21, 2022 at 9:19 am Reason: FT Rule 12.2: Expression of prejudice concerning race
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SudOvest
What "delay" are you speaking of? I applied for my 2 month old son 2 MONTHS ago and his application is still pending review. We are a family with no criminal history. Both my wife, my daughter and I all have active Global Entry memberships. What the heck??
It could be because the infant has no ‘permanent record’, not even as a dependent on a federal tax form yet, with the federal government and the lack of data on the child is what got the application sent to the black hole of manual review.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
It could be because the infant has no ‘permanent record’, not even as a dependent on a federal tax form yet, with the federal government and the lack of data on the child is what got the application sent to the black hole of manual review.
Ah, so some people are approved automatically by the system and that's why they are approved so quickly? Some people's children were approved quickly, and they don't have any permanent record yet either. Someone's 8 year old was approved in 2 days just a few posts up. Maybe because they were claimed on taxes?
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: UAMP
Originally Posted by sgtbalski
First time applicant

>Applied April 20, 2022

>Still Pending Review as of April 29, 2022
>Still Pending Review 5/24

Relevant info- Dual US/UK Citizen, prior military security clearance and a separate SF-86 investigation for a civilian position in the past.

Three blemishes on my record that are all dismissed/expunged.

United Chase Quest card paid for it so no loss... we will see how this goes (fingers crossed)
UPDATE 7/30- Status changed to Conditional Approval. I enjoyed a few minutes of happiness before beginning the appointment process. Pretty much nothing available anywhere I'd reasonably travel to. A few all the way out in 2033.

Then, I noticed appointments would randomly show up in all regions and be gone in 30 seconds. I decided to become that Kayak add guy with all the hands tied together and Bam! SFO came up next week. It took pretty much the whole day. Will need a new refresh button
reaganFF likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by sgtbalski
UPDATE 7/30- Status changed to Conditional Approval. I enjoyed a few minutes of happiness before beginning the appointment process. Pretty much nothing available anywhere I'd reasonably travel to. A few all the way out in 2033.

Then, I noticed appointments would randomly show up in all regions and be gone in 30 seconds. I decided to become that Kayak add guy with all the hands tied together and Bam! SFO came up next week. It took pretty much the whole day. Will need a new refresh button
Something about reading your message got my hopes up. Went and checked and yep... still on hold for my Conditional Approval. Has now been 74 days (2 months, 1 week and 6 days to be exact). Not that I'm counting or anything. :-)
sgtbalski likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:30 am

I'll add my experience as a recent data point...

My Brother in law, my wife, and myself applied for GE at the end of March.
I got conditional approval within 2 days and my wife got it within 3 days.
My Brother in law is still waiting. He has a clean record and the only difference is that we have traveled internationally several times while he just got his Passport this year.
It is really annoying because we are all traveling at the end of September and we talked him into applying.

On a positive note, Charlotte is my home Airport and I have noticed them opening interview slots more often now, it seems nearly every week. The only downside is they fill up within 10 minutes of opening. Luckily my wife and I got our interviews out of the way on a return trip.
For people looking for interviews, don't be discouraged when you don't see anything long term, most of the locations open slots on a week by week basis. It seems that Charlotte likes to release slots in the afternoon to early evening, sometimes around 5PM (conveniently when people are driving home from work).

Also, be careful about relying on the interview on arrival. When we did it at Charlotte, we landed around 5PM or so and got in the interview line with maybe 6 others in front of us. They stopped accepting interviews on arrival right after us. Charlotte doesn't get a ton of international flights so they may have been basing it on us being the last flight in for the day. I think several people were turned away...
sgtbalski likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 4:11 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by jbryant987
Something about reading your message got my hopes up. Went and checked and yep... still on hold for my Conditional Approval. Has now been 74 days (2 months, 1 week and 6 days to be exact). Not that I'm counting or anything. :-)

All this talk of recent conditional approvals got me all excited so I advised my wise she should check again. Wala, nada,,,, still "Pending Review" since Feb 14. That's 170 days and still counting.

Last edited by Mabuk dan gila; Aug 12, 2022 at 10:12 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: DELTA SKYMILES, Marriott Bonvoy,
All this talk of recent conditional approvals got me all excited so I advised my wise she should check again. Wala, nada,,,, still "Pending Review" since Feb 14. That's 200 days and still counting. 200 days is a nice round number at least.
My update
GE Applied 7/25/22, NO CA
Wife GE Applied 7/31/2022. CA approved 8/1/22 less than 24hrs
2 Kids status pending also
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ssingh67
My update
GE Applied 7/25/22, NO CA
Wife GE Applied 7/31/2022. CA approved 8/1/22 less than 24hrs
2 Kids status pending also
Maybe I should have said I was female and then said “oops” when they got to me. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.