Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:31 am

Applied Oct 5. Still waiting for CA. Clean record, traveled a bunch domestic and international. friends who applied in august got CA within a week. Any ideas or is this normal?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by jyr18
Applied Oct 5. Still waiting for CA. Clean record, traveled a bunch domestic and international. friends who applied in august got CA within a week. Any ideas or is this normal?
Some get CA within a few days and some take a few months. It does vary if you look at the timeframes posted in this thread.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by NJ2ATL
Some get CA within a few days and some take a few months. It does vary if you look at the timeframes posted in this thread.
Suppose its just frustrating when my coworkers all got approved within 10 days and I'm taking forever. Wish there was some reason as to why besides just chance. Possibly because they did it in June - August and I applied in Oct which may be a busier time? I'm not sure but it is frustrating. Talked on the phone and they said the average was 4 months which makes me even more confused by the variety of times posted here.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by jyr18
Suppose its just frustrating when my coworkers all got approved within 10 days and I'm taking forever. Wish there was some reason as to why besides just chance. Possibly because they did it in June - August and I applied in Oct which may be a busier time? I'm not sure but it is frustrating. Talked on the phone and they said the average was 4 months which makes me even more confused by the variety of times posted here.
I understand that! Also, many more people are starting to travel and finding out about global entry and it’s benefits. Even Passports were taking up to 18 weeks this summer for regular processing.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Some recent data points

US Citizen:

Application sent: Aug 7 2021
Conditional Approval: Aug 8 2021
Interview ATL: Aug 27 2021 approval received minutes after interview
Card received a week later

LPR:

Application sent: Nov 7 2021
Conditional Approval: Nov 8 2021
Interview ATL: Nov 30 2021
Approval: Dec 1 2021 morning

Will update when card comes.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:06 pm

First time application for GE on Nov 14th
Spouse received CA on Nov 15th
I am still waiting.
Only difference is that I have both a US and UK passport
Is there a number to call, or is it just a matter of waiting?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by NJexpat
First time application for GE on Nov 14th
Spouse received CA on Nov 15th
I am still waiting.
Only difference is that I have both a US and UK passport
Is there a number to call, or is it just a matter of waiting?

I am also still waiting since then. LPR, not US passport though.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
First time application for GE on Oct 27, 2021
Hubby first time on Oct 29, 2021

Both are waiting for conditional approval
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:15 pm

so strange because others posting here got their CA immediately- and is there any way to move things along?
Old Jan 14, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Some recent data points

US Citizen:

Application sent: Aug 7 2021
Conditional Approval: Aug 8 2021
Interview ATL: Aug 27 2021 approval received minutes after interview
Card received a week later

LPR:

Application sent: Nov 7 2021
Conditional Approval: Nov 8 2021
Interview ATL: Nov 30 2021
Approval: Dec 1 2021 morning

Will update when card comes.
Card was received on Dec 14th.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:00 pm

Applied for me and wife and two kids on 1/12/22. Me and kids CA on 1/13/22. Just waiting for wife to be approved. Hate the waiting game. Is there a number I can call to check status? Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Ernesto Ramos
Applied for me and wife and two kids on 1/12/22. Me and kids CA on 1/13/22. Just waiting for wife to be approved. Hate the waiting game. Is there a number I can call to check status? Thanks
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Ernesto!

Unfortunately, it is a waiting game even if you call. What I'd recommend doing now is to get yourself and your kids an interview so that is out of the way. Please update us how it goes!
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Ernesto!

Unfortunately, it is a waiting game even if you call. What I'd recommend doing now is to get yourself and your kids an interview so that is out of the way. Please update us how it goes!
Thanks. I still haven’t set up appointments for the interview because my closest next available appointments are in San Francisco and we live in Los Angeles. I’d prefer we could all make appointments to go together including my wife when she gets approved. But don’t know when that will be. Being I have to make separate appointments for each one of us. Thanks again
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:31 pm

When my wife got approved nearly instantly and mine was still going 90 days after applicatoin, I contacted them and they said that they won't even look into it until it's been six months. Sure enough, it showed up conditionally approved after five (just in time for me to miss the trip where my wife was able to do enrollment on arrival). Fortunately, COVID hit and they suddenly had city office appointments available again. Took a nearly abandoned DC metro train down to the Reagan building and got my interview.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:02 pm

Update on my GE application. As noted. Applied Nov 14, husband applied same day. He was give CA on Nov 16th. I am still waiting. I am a naturalized citizen for over 20 years with US and UK passport. I finally got through to a live person on the TPP GE help line. After being on hold for over 70 mins (they claimed the wait time was 45 mins) - and FYI listening to ? Santana gets old after 5 mins!! Bottom line, unless you are waiting 6 months you have no leg to stand on. Average time is apparently 3-4 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.