Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:30 am

First Time Applicant - Global Entry
Applied - 7/01/21
Conditional Approved - 7/29/21 - Got email around 11:55AM but noticed today!
Have not set up interview yet!
Old Aug 3, 2021, 5:00 pm

First time applicant US citizen
Applied: 8/3/2021
*UPDATE*: Conditionally Approved 9/9/2021

Last edited by cav27; Sep 9, 2021 at 9:04 am Reason: UPDATE
Old Aug 11, 2021, 2:58 pm

a friend of mine First Time Applicant - Global Entry
Applied - 08/09/2021
Conditional Approved - 08/11/2021 - Got email around 4:55AM
Interview setup at LAX - October 04, 2021
Old Aug 20, 2021, 4:26 pm

Applied - 8/12/21
Conditional Approved - 8/14/21
Interview Scheduled: 8/21/21 -- I got lucky, CLT opened Saturday mid-week with 40+ appointment availability. Originally, it was nuts, CLT didn't have any appointments till the end of time, it was such a joke.
Interview Completed: ~30min after the interview I got my Approved notification email.
CLT Interview Details: I parked in the hourly deck (free for the first hour), walked into the international arrivals baggage claim carousel E area (FYI, CBP office is in the very back). Masks on! There is a specific notice on their info board for no walk-in appointments at the moment. The board also states to not come back to them until it is 5min before the appointment. The CBP agent I had was very friendly, called me into her office took my passport and drivers license, asked me if I ever had any customs related issues, if I was ever arrested, and why I wanted to join, took my fingerprints, and I was on my way. Good luck everybody!
Just a heads up, I found a workaround using the GE API to sound when any appointment opened up to book. I can share how I did it if folks are having trouble.

Last edited by bgon04; Aug 21, 2021 at 1:56 pm Reason: updated post interview info
Old Sep 1, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS 100K
I do have Pre-Check that I let expire in August 21'

Applied 7/21/21
CA - 42 days and counting

Was hoping to get this done by November, but based on data points above it seems like if you didn't get CA within a week then it's going to take MUCH longer. Looks like I may be paying for TSA Pre-check again at this point.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cav27
First time applicant US citizen
Applied: 8/3/2021
Waiting...
any luck? I applied the same day
Old Sep 4, 2021, 6:38 am

First time applicant - Global Entry
Applied for my spouse and I on Sept 2nd aound 6 pm. Conditional approval came in at 9 pm on Sept 3rd. We are both recent LPRs. So I'm guessing all the checks from the LPR process helped with this.

Scheduled interview for Sept 4th 9:30 am. We were going to the airport on Sept 4th to pick up family. So I was very excited to find interview appointments at the same time of our pickup. This will be at Portland
bgon04 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Ppoonamk
First time applicant - Global Entry
Applied for my spouse and I on Sept 2nd aound 6 pm. Conditional approval came in at 9 pm on Sept 3rd. We are both recent LPRs. So I'm guessing all the checks from the LPR process helped with this.

Scheduled interview for Sept 4th 9:30 am. We were going to the airport on Sept 4th to pick up family. So I was very excited to find interview appointments at the same time of our pickup. This will be at Portland
I applied on August 4 for my wife ,2 kids and my self
they all got conditional approval the next day but my self still waiting for approval i have a clean record and have also passed deep background checks for my California ccw and Arizona CCW (concel carry weapons) permits
bgon04 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Miguel A Ramirez Dojaquez
they all got conditional approval the next day but my self still waiting for approval i have a clean record and have also passed deep background checks for my California ccw and Arizona CCW (concel carry weapons) permits
WOW, that's awesome! You both got really lucky!!
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by bgon04
WOW, that's awesome! You both got really lucky!!
Well they got lucky its been a month and i am still waiting for My approval
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:22 pm

Call and ask about your status. Same thing happened to me. Wife & I went in together, she was approved immediately and I waited 6 weeks to call and check. When I did I was told that someone had simply forgotten to press the last button to complete my approval.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dogsop
Call and ask about your status. Same thing happened to me. Wife & I went in together, she was approved immediately and I waited 6 weeks to call and check. When I did I was told that someone had simply forgotten to press the last button to complete my approval.
Miguel A Ramirez Dojaquez is referring to the conditional approval, before being able to schedule an enrollment interview. Your experience was with the final approval, after the enrollment interview.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by dogsop
what number did you call. I called this morning they where not able to help
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
what number did you call. I called this morning they where not able to help
If calling is ineffective, I suggest using the online Help system described on the TTP home page https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ under the heading Contact Support - Need Help?:

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Miguel A Ramirez Dojaquez is referring to the conditional approval, before being able to schedule an enrollment interview. Your experience was with the final approval, after the enrollment interview.
that is correct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.