Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:16 pm

Quick update:

So after calling the TTP GE help line, they were finally able to cancel my NEXUS application and I along with wife and son were able to apply for GE. All of us applied the same day which was January 31st, 2022. A week later today got the CA for wife. No update on my application or my son's. I was expecting my son to get approved in no time since he's only 10 but not the case

Do we have a section here on the forums where fellow applicants share the interview experience?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by techlambo
Do we have a section here on the forums where fellow applicants share the interview experience?
pickle_flyer likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
We live beyond the beyond when it comes to GE interview locations but have an international trip planned for July when we should be do the interview in ATL on the return. Is now a good time to apply?

We got Pre a few years ago and it was pretty much 24 hour approval after the interview at the place that normally credentials haz mat truck drivers.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
We live beyond the beyond when it comes to GE interview locations but have an international trip planned for July when we should be do the interview in ATL on the return. Is now a good time to apply?

We got Pre a few years ago and it was pretty much 24 hour approval after the interview at the place that normally credentials haz mat truck drivers.
Conditional approvals take anywhere from a few days to several months; it seems to be totally random. Once applicants have been conditionally approved, they currently have two years to complete the enrollment interview. In addition to having the enrollment interview conducted at an enrollment center, it may also be completed during the immigration and customs inspections upon arrival in the United States. If I were in your situation, I'd be applying ASAP.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by pickle_flyer
Applied Oct 29, still pending conditional approval.
PR. Conditionally approved Feb 11. So it took about 3.5 months. Yay! Earliest appointment is not for another 4-6 months, so I think I'll just interview when I travel internationally and come back in.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:09 pm

US Citizen (currently have TSA-Precheck)

Dec 28, 2021 - Applied
Dec 29, 2021 - CA
Feb 14, 2022 - Interviewed at ATL
Feb 14, 2022 - GE approved an hour after the interview.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by pickle_flyer
PR. Conditionally approved Feb 11. So it took about 3.5 months. Yay! Earliest appointment is not for another 4-6 months, so I think I'll just interview when I travel internationally and come back in.
Check it daily, because when I applied on Dec 28, 2021 and conditional approve the next day. The earliest slot was in Jun 2022 (ATL). All the sudden, the calendar opened up and I got 2/14/2022 slot and GE approved an hour after the interview.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:02 pm

Applied 2/20/2022, got conditional approval on 2/22/2022. Which seems like freakishly fast even though I already have Pre.

And now the hard part- trying to find an interview because the perfessor, assuming his goes through quickly, doesn't want to do the interview on the way back from Germany in July.

Last edited by beachmouse; Feb 22, 2022 at 4:09 pm
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Backdate for my DW: US passport holder, signed up 1st time 11/x./21, somehow stuck in system, we fix it on 1/20/22 and she able to secure a (local spot) at SFO on 2/20/22, after 10 minutes to spare, GE with re-dress #.
( It told me over 18 months )
FYI, the queue standby line was at 20 deep and some have to go... her appointment was at 4:30PM.

EV-
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:27 pm

Update on my previous post, where hubby and I both US passport holders (but I am dual UK) he got CA in 2 days, I had to wait from mid November to Today (3 1/2 months) and litrerally no explanation. I got through to aa live operator about a month ago after a long long wait, and it seems this is all an example of government inefficiency.
So now.......no appointments at EWR until August!!! Anyone have experience of appointments opening up earller?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by NJexpat
.......no appointments at EWR until August!!! Anyone have experience of appointments opening up earller?
Please refer to the following thread:Enrollment on Arrival is also an option.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
Had a quick browse of some years old posts.

Is there a general trend of CA for dual nationals taking longer? I just got a credit card that offers Global Entry credit. I'm a US/UK citizen and I'm flying into TPA on Saturday so was thinking of applying and trying the Enrolment on Arrival option.

But...it's a bit last minute and I'm not sure of my chances. As there's no refunds on GA applications, I'm thinking of playing it safe and getting TSA pre whilst I'm there. Mobile Passport has always been good to me, and I only enter the US 2 or 3 times per year
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:55 am

Since you get two years after application to do the interview, it seems like if you don’t get CA for this trip, you’d still have enough other chances for it to come through to be worth it
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by galego

Is there a general trend of CA for dual nationals taking longer? I just got a credit card that offers Global Entry credit. I'm a US/UK citizen and I'm flying into TPA on Saturday so was thinking of applying and trying the Enrolment on Arrival option.

But...it's a bit last minute and I'm not sure of my chances. As there's no refunds on GA applications, I'm thinking of playing it safe and getting TSA pre whilst I'm there. Mobile Passport has always been good to me, and I only enter the US 2 or 3 times per year
Currently, you have two years from the conditional approval to complete the enrollment interview. If you enter the US two or three times a year, you should have several opportunities to have it done.Edited to add: beachmouse types faster than me.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by galego

If you’re a US citizen by naturalization, I would guess getting a CA is quicker. This is due to USCIS already verifying your info multiple times. I have two non-US citizenships plus a green card and mine took only a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.