Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:15 am

Since I posted in the wrong thread:

Me and Partner were conditionally approved on 4/16/19.

On 6/18/19 we had our interview at ATL airport (Global Entry Upon Arrival). The Agent said I should get an email in a day, and they gave me my new KTN. Partner was told it would be a week or two for the email and also gave him his new KTN. But she didn't say (to either of us) if we had been approved or not.

Does this mean we were approved?
The agent wrote our KTN's down on the "Welcome to Global Entry" sheet that says "when can I begin using my benefits? Right Now! ...."

I logged into my TTP and I don't see anything indicating I had my interview (does it show that)?

I'm wondering if the re-assignment of CBP staff has delayed post-interview processing?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: CBP
Originally Posted by luv2vacay
Since I posted in the wrong thread:

Me and Partner were conditionally approved on 4/16/19.

On 6/18/19 we had our interview at ATL airport (Global Entry Upon Arrival). The Agent said I should get an email in a day, and they gave me my new KTN. Partner was told it would be a week or two for the email and also gave him his new KTN. But she didn't say (to either of us) if we had been approved or not.

Does this mean we were approved?
The agent wrote our KTN's down on the "Welcome to Global Entry" sheet that says "when can I begin using my benefits? Right Now! ...."

I logged into my TTP and I don't see anything indicating I had my interview (does it show that)?

I'm wondering if the re-assignment of CBP staff has delayed post-interview processing?
No.

Likely what happened was that your fingerprint results didn't come back immediately.

We can't approve an application/interview until it does.

This happens frequently. "IAFIS/IDENT Pending"

Wait a couple days, then call up the enrollment center and give them your Pass ID.

Ideally, someone looks you up, finds out which Officer did your interivew, and tells them to finish the application.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by maninblack
No.

Likely what happened was that your fingerprint results didn't come back immediately.

We can't approve an application/interview until it does.

This happens frequently. "IAFIS/IDENT Pending"

Wait a couple days, then call up the enrollment center and give them your Pass ID.

Ideally, someone looks you up, finds out which Officer did your interivew, and tells them to finish the application.
Thanks so much!
It's been a week (last Tuesday evening was the "upon arrival interview") so I wonder with the CBP re-assignment it's taking longer than normal?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: CBP
Originally Posted by Sandra Akers

I had my interview on June 10th and the CBP staff member who interviewed me told me the same thing about the long wait times for conditional approval. She said a lot of personnel have been assigned to the southern border which has created a backlog and longer wait time for conditional approval.
Some ports are closing down their GE centers to assign those Officers to more important positions.

Lots of ports have lost Officers to the southern border (temporarily), so all non essential positions have to fill in for them.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:58 pm

Thanks so much!
It's been a week (last Tuesday evening was the "upon arrival interview") so I wonder with the CBP re-assignment it's taking longer than normal?
so an update:
I emailed CBP and got this back fairly quickly:
"
Your application is still pending finalization at the Enrollment Center where you interviewed. "

They said to contact the enrollment center with a link to the Global Entry Upon Arrival - which has NO contact info for ATL
I used the link for the "regular" Global Entry Interview and got the 404 #.
Called and spoke to an agent.
Gave him the full name and PASSID.
He then had to ask an additional question (odd) of what I told the agent for "business or personal" (which, the agent did NOT ask, BTW). I said Personal. Said I should get an email in 24 hours.

All the agent had asked was:
What my email address
DOB
Employer
Have I ever been convicted of a crime/felony (forget the exact wording)
Name
Old Jun 25, 2019, 12:58 pm

We are on day 89 of the approval process. I really thought we would have been approved by now since someone who applied on 3/24 (we applied 3/27) was approved on 6/22 but nothing yet
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:25 pm

so an update:
I emailed CBP and got this back fairly quickly:
"
Your application is still pending finalization at the Enrollment Center where you interviewed. "

They said to contact the enrollment center with a link to the Global Entry Upon Arrival - which has NO contact info for ATL
I used the link for the "regular" Global Entry Interview and got the 404 #.
Called and spoke to an agent.
Gave him the full name and PASSID.
He then had to ask an additional question (odd) of what I told the agent for "business or personal" (which, the agent did NOT ask, BTW). I said Personal. Said I should get an email in 24 hours.

All the agent had asked was:
What my email address
DOB
Employer
Have I ever been convicted of a crime/felony (forget the exact wording)
Name
Well still no email, but I logged into the site yesterday about 1.5 hours after I spoke to the agent and I'm approved.
Partner had tried calling 10 times today and only gets voicemail, LOL.
Seems their computer system is incapable of sending out emails. We never got the email for conditional approval either (and it seems almost nobody does).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:42 pm

Location: CP-ASEL,AMEL,G-IA in Tucson, Arizona, United States
U.S. Citizen with airport security badges:

Applied 6/18
Conditional approval 6/23
Interview 6/25 (got lucky)
Shows as approved 6/26

No emails sent so I kept logging in to check dashboard.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 3:06 pm

Fellow (unlucky) first-time applicant also still waiting in Pending Review Purgatory

The deets:
- U.S. Citizen
- Applied on 3/28
- Submitted Online Inquiry on 5/23 (Day 56); got form response back saying GE processing time could be up to 11 weeks
- Escalated on 6/20 (Day 84); Called 1(877) 227-5511 and followed prompts (see posts from about 1-2 weeks ago where someone shared the exact numbers to press); hold time was about 12 minutes. When I got a live person on the phone I immediately told them that I was calling to escalate because my app had been pending review for over 11 weeks. The first agent confirmed my identity + that my app had been submitted more than 11 weeks ago. Then, they forwarded my call to another agent who promptly escalated my ticket. Total call with wait lasted 15 minutes. Was told that wait time for resolution of the escalated ticket is between 3-8 weeks.
- Today is Day 90

I just noticed that the email they sent confirming the escalation of the ticket says:

"Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue."

So, I'm now planning on making a visit to one of the enrollment centers near me to see if that actually speeds anything up. Will report back.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by bjuwsbk
Fellow (unlucky) first-time applicant also still waiting in Pending Review Purgatory

The deets:
- U.S. Citizen
- Applied on 3/28
- Submitted Online Inquiry on 5/23 (Day 56); got form response back saying GE processing time could be up to 11 weeks
- Escalated on 6/20 (Day 84); Called 1(877) 227-5511 and followed prompts (see posts from about 1-2 weeks ago where someone shared the exact numbers to press); hold time was about 12 minutes. When I got a live person on the phone I immediately told them that I was calling to escalate because my app had been pending review for over 11 weeks. The first agent confirmed my identity + that my app had been submitted more than 11 weeks ago. Then, they forwarded my call to another agent who promptly escalated my ticket. Total call with wait lasted 15 minutes. Was told that wait time for resolution of the escalated ticket is between 3-8 weeks.
- Today is Day 90

I just noticed that the email they sent confirming the escalation of the ticket says:

"Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue."

So, I'm now planning on making a visit to one of the enrollment centers near me to see if that actually speeds anything up. Will report back.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!
Do you have the prompts used? We applied on 3/27 and are also still pending review.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:18 am

Applied 6/22, conditional approval 6/27. I already have TSA pre-check if that matters and based in NJ.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:51 am

I unfortunately don't remember the prompt numbers now and didn't think to write them down. But if you scroll back in this same exact thread and read through the posts between 1-2 weeks ago you'll be able to find them there. That's how I discovered them, hope that helps!
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez

Do you have the prompts used? We applied on 3/27 and are also still pending review.
The sequence is 6 / 1 / 4 / 0
prech likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Global Entry
Applied 3/27
Called in 5/31, was told wait for 3 and a half months.
Since I have a couple of medical mission trips coming, I sent in an email requesting to have it check on 6/17
Received email reply today with update on status. Log in and it is CA 6/28. NO interview till after all my mission trips ((
So 94 days for me.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hoatuan0220
Applied 3/27
Called in 5/31, was told wait for 3 and a half months.
Since I have a couple of medical mission trips coming, I sent in an email requesting to have it check on 6/17
Received email reply today with update on status. Log in and it is CA 6/28. NO interview till after all my mission trips ((
So 94 days for me.
Have you tried to do new searches several times a day yet? Cancellation occurs frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.