Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by HD75
Application Date: June 26th
CA Date: July 2nd
Scheduled Interview for September 20th at MSP.

I should note that this was an application for a 12 year old so I wonder if that was the reason for the quick processing. She doesn't have much of a background to look into.

I really wanted to get this process completed during the summer so we may make a road trip to the Canadian border to do the interview there.
Check cancellations frequently for your preferred enrollment center, especially during office hours. You are very likely to find something suitable in less than a week. 4th of July is coming up, some may postpone their appointments until a later date.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:59 am

Just called 877 227 5511 (using prompts 6/1/4/0 as recommended) and, after 10 minutes reached a polite, live person who escalated my app.
Received an immediate email confirming escalation.
Returning to U.S. on July 10 (8 days from this post).
Recommend anyone over 11 weeks begin this process right away. I wish I had done it earlier.
Hoping for quick turnaround. Will post when/if approval received.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by bjuwsbk
After a 95-day wait, I've finally been conditionally approved!

I just logged in to do my regular application status check and saw the notice in my account. I was curious as to how long the approval had been sitting in my account, so I checked my email and it turns out that I'd gotten an email about a status change on my account about 10 minutes prior to me checking.

I also lucked out and was able to schedule my interview for later this afternoon!

Good luck once again to everyone waiting, I know how arduous and annoying the process is!
In case anyone is interested in this info, I just came back to share that:

1) I was a little late to my scheduled interview (~20 min), but it wasn't an issue and they still saw me same day. Interview was super quick.
2) It took nearly a full 24 hours before my account was officially updated confirming my membership. I got an email alerting me to the status change.
3) Not sure if this is standard or not, but my GE is good for nearly 6 years--woohoo!
4) I was the 3rd person with my b-day that the agents had seen that day, and they seemed to be getting a kick out of keeping a tally
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by SMA4
Just called 877 227 5511 (using prompts 6/1/4/0 as recommended) and, after 10 minutes reached a polite, live person who escalated my app.
Received an immediate email confirming escalation.
Returning to U.S. on July 10 (8 days from this post).
Recommend anyone over 11 weeks begin this process right away. I wish I had done it earlier.
Hoping for quick turnaround. Will post when/if approval received.
Thanks, please do share any updates

Just called and escalated my application, as well, after 80 days

Representative mentioned I should receive an email update
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:59 am

Update

Originally Posted by prech
Thanks, please do share any updates

Just called and escalated my application, as well, after 80 days

Representative mentioned I should receive an email update
My application is dated April 21st for Global entry. I called 877 227 5511 (using prompts 6/1/4/0) to check today, after less then 5 min, I got an automated message that all agents are busy, pls try at a later time. Anyone on this forum applied around April 21st from ATL?

UPDATE as on July 10, 2019
I finally managed to get through and spoke to an agent who escalated my case and sent me an email, stating it takes 3 to 8 weeks. Also, the email said, for faster assistance, you can go and visit an enrollment center. Has anyone walked in at the ATL airport location and any luck? Here is the response email.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

We have escalated your ticket for resolution. Please do not create any new incident numbers for this issue as that might delay your request. If you contact us for a status check, please reference the incident number attached to this ticket.

Current wait times for resolution ranges from 3-8 weeks. If it is not corrected within that timeframe, please reply directly to this email. For faster assistance, we recommend that you visit an enrollment center located at an airport or public building on a walk-in basis to correct the issue.

Contact information can be found here:

Global Entry Enrollment Centers: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
Thanks.
Zack

Last edited by Zack73; Jul 11, 2019 at 5:20 am Reason: Update
Old Jul 5, 2019, 7:54 pm

Husband application approval less than a week

I applied on 4/24 and my husband did on his application7/1. Just received an email confirming his approval today 7/5 (3 days only - not counting 7/4 being a holiday). What's wrong with this picture? I'm contacting them Monday to find out what is delay with my application. No rhythm or reason on how processing time is determined.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by HD75
Application Date: June 26th
CA Date: July 2nd
Scheduled Interview for September 20th at MSP.

I should note that this was an application for a 12 year old so I wonder if that was the reason for the quick processing. She doesn't have much of a background to look into.

I really wanted to get this process completed during the summer so we may make a road trip to the Canadian border to do the interview there.
Another MSP data point: I applied March 30th, and was approved July 5th, so 95 days. I've had multiple interational visits over the past two years primarily to SE Asia, and the UK. No available interview times at the moment for MSP, but I plan to check daily. Hope this helps someone!
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:50 am

Absolutely lost...

our family of 3 applied for global entry on April 14th, 2019. On April 24th, both my husband and our son received a conditional approval. I am still waiting - and it’s been almost 3 months, way past schedule. I have been able to reach on person on the phone in Vermont, and one by email in DC - they basically tell me that nothing is wrong with my application, but no one got to it yet! I am puzzled, as the other family members’ apps were processed in 10 days! We are traveling out of USA to Singapore and Bali in the end of August, and I sure thought that applying in mid-April would guarantee timely processing... Any suggestions? Thank you, Olga
Old Jul 7, 2019, 10:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Welcome to FlyerTalk @Olga Pernik!

I merged your post into the relevant thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Olga Pernik likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Olga Pernik
our family of 3 applied for global entry on April 14th, 2019. On April 24th, both my husband and our son received a conditional approval. I am still waiting - and it’s been almost 3 months, way past schedule. I have been able to reach on person on the phone in Vermont, and one by email in DC - they basically tell me that nothing is wrong with my application, but no one got to it yet! I am puzzled, as the other family members’ apps were processed in 10 days! We are traveling out of USA to Singapore and Bali in the end of August, and I sure thought that applying in mid-April would guarantee timely processing... Any suggestions? Thank you, Olga
I applied for my daughters on April 15th and they are still pending approval. Based on recent approvals I anticipate just a few more weeks to go. My hubby and I applied on March 27th and were just approved a week ago.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez

I applied for my daughters on April 15th and they are still pending approval. Based on recent approvals I anticipate just a few more weeks to go. My hubby and I applied on March 27th and were just approved a week ago.
from what I read in this thread, there’s no logic as to who gets approved when... and for whatever reason families do not get processed together
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:52 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

A close friend submitted an application for her three months old infant on Wednesday, July 3. Approval came early today, Monday, July 8. Thursday was a holiday.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:17 am

Hi, all. My husband and 16-year old daughter applied for Global Entry on March 31. DH got conditional approval on Saturday. DD has yet to receive approval. I've filed complaints at the CBP website (actually--perhaps by coincidence, my husband's application was conditionally approved 24 hours after the complaint). Today I called the number provided by another member in this thread (with very helpful instructions, BTW):

"1-877-227-5511 and follow the prompts. I believe I press 6 on first prompt and then 1 on the second and 4 on the last one and then 0."

When I press 0 at the end, I get a message saying that the number is a non-working number. Any suggestions? I tried it three times, twice getting the "non-working number" and once getting immediately disconnected after pressing 0. (And yes, I did listen to the whole spiel to make sure that the numbers in the above quote were correct).
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:42 pm

Another friend - a law professor with extensive travel history mostly Latin America - who applied on Wednesday, July 3, was approved today, Monday, July 8, albeit in the evening.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:03 pm

Anyone that is still on the wait list (99 days for me) considered writing your congress person or senator and ask if they will open an inquiry? Maybe a long shot, but I'm considering shipping off a letter and see what happens, if anything...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.