Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:49 am

Applied 7/22
CA 7/26
I did receive an email at 2AM about my application status change
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: american, delta, united
I called the phone number for CDP and they gave a help email - [email protected]. But I just got an undeliverable message. Does anyone have a better mode of communication?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Data point - my wife applied online for GE on Tuesday (22nd July) and received confirmation by email today (28 July) that she had been accepted - 6 days

She is a UK resident (with both UK and US passports), has entered the US probably 3-4 times a year in recent years from the UK on her US passport, and has visited around 35 countries since 2014 (which were declared in the application)

Passing through JFK next month so will try the interview on arrival
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by TechieWill
Update for me, applied Feb 15th, still pending.

135 days

Escalated by filing a complaint online, they said there was nothing they could do. Any ideas on what I can do?
omg.. awful .. i applied on 1st of May 2019 and still waiting.. 89 days as of today... i hope so that i will get it soon... it is still on pending....
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:36 am

I also applied April 16 and today 104 days still waiting. I do have TSA approved too, I applied because I had an international trip - I already had the trip and still pending but I took advantage of the Mobile Passport and It was way better than Global Entry no lines at all.

Last edited by veroxd28; Jul 29, 2019 at 9:40 am Reason: Wrong Information
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by sprwmn
Applied 7/22
CA 7/26
I did receive an email at 2AM about my application status change
Had my interview today and was approved about 2 hours later.

I’m a US citizen, work for a federal agency with security clearance, and take a minimum of 2 int’l trips per year. Still think it’s all luck though and I never thought the whole process would be complete in 7 days. Good luck to those of you still waiting!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:09 pm

Does processing time vary by region?

I can't remember if I specified location, but when I applied on around May 20th, I would have specified the Bay Area as an interview location. But I have not heard back yet and I will be leaving the Bay Area on August 15th and will be in Michigan for a few months. Would there be any issues with switching the location?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by dzdang
Does processing time vary by region?

I can't remember if I specified location, but when I applied on around May 20th, I would have specified the Bay Area as an interview location. But I have not heard back yet and I will be leaving the Bay Area on August 15th and will be in Michigan for a few months. Would there be any issues with switching the location?
If an interview is required, you can interview at any of the GE interview offices - there are no "regions".
STA3123 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:36 pm

Here's a quick data point - Applied 4/11, CA on 7/29 morning. 109 Days in total.

Called 800 number to escalate about one week ago so it seems worked. I'm lucky that I live in SoFo so was able to grab a same day interview in MIA.

Interview was very quick and was verbally told that I am approved and the CBP officer handed me the flyer with my KTN.

What's kinda weird is that I haven't got an approval email yet. I read some thread that a lot people got their approval email right after walking out of the interview, should I be worried? Also tried my KTN on both TSA Pre-Check website and an upcoming reservation within 24 hours, no pre-check sign on boarding pass and no records through KTN lookup website...

Anther thing is after lunch today, I think the appointment system on TTP website is down. I tried many times to reschedule the interview but it won't let me. Kept showing something like 'Proxy Error', seems like a server issue. Anyone has the same issues?

Last edited by hnlogg352; Jul 29, 2019 at 11:38 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:43 am

I applied for me and my family on Mar 01, 2019.
  • Wife's Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 1 Conditional Approval - May 13, 2019 (73 days)
  • Child 2 Conditional Approval - May 15, 2019 (75 days)
  • Mine - Conditional Approval - Jul 29, 2019 (151 days)
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:48 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by hnlogg352
I tried many times to reschedule the interview but it won't let me. Kept showing something like 'Proxy Error', seems like a server issue. Anyone has the same issues?
Numerous TTP website technical glitches have been reported in the TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website (replaced GOES) thread.

There is no need to reschedule your appointment. Most likely, the CBP officer who conducted the interview neglected to click on the final approval button after your interview. Call the Enrollment Center where you had your interview to have the issue resolved.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by hnlogg352
Here's a quick data point - Applied 4/11, CA on 7/29 morning. 109 Days in total.

Called 800 number to escalate about one week ago so it seems worked. I'm lucky that I live in SoFo so was able to grab a same day interview in MIA.

Interview was very quick and was verbally told that I am approved and the CBP officer handed me the flyer with my KTN.

What's kinda weird is that I haven't got an approval email yet. I read some thread that a lot people got their approval email right after walking out of the interview, should I be worried? Also tried my KTN on both TSA Pre-Check website and an upcoming reservation within 24 hours, no pre-check sign on boarding pass and no records through KTN lookup website...

Anther thing is after lunch today, I think the appointment system on TTP website is down. I tried many times to reschedule the interview but it won't let me. Kept showing something like 'Proxy Error', seems like a server issue. Anyone has the same issues?

I have been trying to contact 1-877-227-5511 (6/1/4/0) and I either get disconnected or I get a message that I reach a non working number. What number did you contact?
105 Days today. -
Update: I was able to contact the 800 number, they ask me for my information and if my case was more than 100 days. He sent me an email with my case number.

Last edited by veroxd28; Jul 30, 2019 at 1:54 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:14 am

I called to expedite on day 94 and was told to call back. They do not look at anything under 100 days. She also said if she takes the information now it most likely will get lost so just wait the six days. Will do August 1 and let everyone know.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:41 am

Is anyone having trouble with the web-link to reschedule an interview? I've been using it daily to try and move my appointment to a closer location (2 hours one-way drive v. 5 hours) but as of yesterday, I get a proxy error. I've tried on multiple devices and on and off my VPN.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by LKC118
Is anyone having trouble with the web-link to reschedule an interview? I've been using it daily to try and move my appointment to a closer location (2 hours one-way drive v. 5 hours) but as of yesterday, I get a proxy error. I've tried on multiple devices and on and off my VPN.
Yes! Daughter applied on 7/24 and got conditional approval on 7/29! Tried yesterday and today to schedule an interview, but I get a proxy error message every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.