Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Did you mean Applied 3/31 instead of 7/31?
No, the approval was in August. Take a look at @tipotodo's original post:
Originally Posted by tipotodo
Applied 7/31 at 9 pm
got CA on 8/4
going to the interview on 8/6
all of it took less then a week.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:16 pm

My two daughters and I received CA today 8/8. We applied 4/18. That was 112 days (16 weeks) and we did not escalate. I did receive emails for all of us which stated that there was a change on our TTP accounts.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:36 pm

Finally!

So, I have been lurking on this thread for months now, but felt like I had nothing to add. My husband and I applied 4/18/19 thinking that would be plenty of time for an end of August trip. He was conditionally approved in 4 days. I finally received my conditional approval yesterday (111 days!). When I tried to schedule an interview appointment for both of us, October was the soonest date I could schedule both. I was told to keep trying for cancellations and was able to grab a cancellation appointment for today and am now approved! But....my husband is not since he was waiting for me - uh oh! I'll keep looking for appointment cancellations for him. Seems to be moving for those of us that have been waiting a long time! Good luck to all of you.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum
My wife, college aged daughter and I applied last week. I received my conditional approval in 5 days and my daughter in 4 days. My wife is dual US/Mexican citizen is still waiting. My daughter and I are signed up for the interview at JFK in the end of August. I hoping that my wife will get her CA before that and can get her interview done at the same time.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by secamp32
My wife, college aged daughter and I applied last week. I received my conditional approval in 5 days and my daughter in 4 days. My wife is dual US/Mexican citizen is still waiting. My daughter and I are signed up for the interview at JFK in the end of August. I hoping that my wife will get her CA before that and can get her interview done at the same time.
im a US/Mexican citizen and I got approved in 4 days.
My husband is a US citizen and still waiting 9 days so far
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by hkfczrqj
Long time lurker... I decided to play the Global Entry lottery. To my massive surprise, got the CA today

Application: 7/16
Conditional Approval: 7/21
=> 5 days

Planning to do Enrollment on Arrival in ATL in early August. Or earlier if something opens up in MSP.

For reference, I'm a US LPR since very recently, with extensive travel history and a gazillion biometrics and background checks done on me.
**Update**

Enrollment on Arrival: 8/7 in ATL Terminal E (booths for passengers with connecting flights)
Final Approval: 8/8

EoA literally took two minutes, after waiting for 15 minutes for interviewing officer to come back from break. Signage was poor, but the officers near the GE lines know how to direct you to the right booth.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by tipotodo
US citizen/ Mexican citizen
Applied 7/31
CA on 4/4
got interview appointment at Bowling Green for 4/6
it took 2 min

entire process took 6 days.
This process timing makes no sense
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Power Peter
It is a typo.

Applied 7/31
CA on 8/4
got interview appointment at Bowling Green for 8/6
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Power Peter
sorry. Yes. It was a typo
*8/4
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:47 am

110 days and still counting

It has been more than 110days and still no update on application. I finally sent a complaint about this. Everyone in my family has received their approval within a week (husband received his in 4 days). Such frustration with this and we already went and came back from vacation. There's no logic to processing times.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, chase ultimate rewards, hawaiian
My father-in-law was approved yesterday.
Green Card.
Applied - 24th April
Conditional Approval - 8th August
Total days - 108

Mother in law
Applied - 24th April
Conditional Approval - still waiting
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:38 am

Angry GE First time application - still waiting......

Originally Posted by Marty0787
Be glad you at least got approved that quick. We are still waiting for my girlfriends approval. Applied on 4/25/19
Have tried escalating 3 times and every time the wait gets moved back. Have pretty much given up on it as our trip is September 5th returning September 21st.
And there have been no openings around us until October November time frame. Such a sad process.
I completely understand your frustration. I applied on May 4, 2019, and have yet to receive conditional approval.I have emailed twice now, inquiring about my application; both times I received a canned response, except for the most recent one, which said they have updated the wait times. The revised wait time for GE conditional approval is now "up to 100 days"; today is EXACTLY 100 days, and STILL nothing. It's absolutely ridiculous, as I started the process months ago to not have to take the chance I didn't get the process completed in time. I have now resigned myself to the fact that I will just have to stand in the customs line at JFK in October, when I return from an overseas trip.

This wait time is a <redacted by moderator> joke and nothing short of maddening!

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 12, 2019 at 1:12 pm Reason: FT Rule 16: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:23 pm

If you think THAT'S a joke....I had been waiting over 100 days (see previous post...somewhere earlier...)....they finally took the application # via a phone call. sent a confirmation of that call, which said it should take another 10 days or so. I got the CA 3 business days later. So now I'm trying to schedule an interview. I'm in the Boston area, so clicked on the schedule link. The only available places that came up were Arizona and Texas. All very convenient. Not. So I waited about a half hour, tried again, and, sure enough, all the interview centers in the US popped up. When I clicked on Logan, it came up and said no interviews can be scheduled. Huh? I know some places schedule interviews months in advance, but..none at all? The closest one to me is somewhere in Rhode Island, and they have openings in November. Someone told me that the schedules for these interviews can change daily. Anyone have any experiences with Logan (if this is not the correct thread for this, please let me know...I couldn't find anything else with a Google search).
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by FrauSerious
Hi, all. My husband and 16-year old daughter applied for Global Entry on March 31. DH got conditional approval on Saturday. DD has yet to receive approval. I've filed complaints at the CBP website (actually--perhaps by coincidence, my husband's application was conditionally approved 24 hours after the complaint). Today I called the number provided by another member in this thread (with very helpful instructions, BTW):

"1-877-227-5511 and follow the prompts. I believe I press 6 on first prompt and then 1 on the second and 4 on the last one and then 0."

When I press 0 at the end, I get a message saying that the number is a non-working number. Any suggestions? I tried it three times, twice getting the "non-working number" and once getting immediately disconnected after pressing 0. (And yes, I did listen to the whole spiel to make sure that the numbers in the above quote were correct).
i had the exact experience, when entering the same
numbers. This is beyond maddening.......it’s been 100 days today, and I can’t even use their given number to escalate my case!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by hybucket
If you think THAT'S a joke....I had been waiting over 100 days (see previous post...somewhere earlier...)....they finally took the application # via a phone call. sent a confirmation of that call, which said it should take another 10 days or so. I got the CA 3 business days later. So now I'm trying to schedule an interview. I'm in the Boston area, so clicked on the schedule link. The only available places that came up were Arizona and Texas. All very convenient. Not. So I waited about a half hour, tried again, and, sure enough, all the interview centers in the US popped up. When I clicked on Logan, it came up and said no interviews can be scheduled. Huh? I know some places schedule interviews months in advance, but..none at all? The closest one to me is somewhere in Rhode Island, and they have openings in November. Someone told me that the schedules for these interviews can change daily. Anyone have any experiences with Logan (if this is not the correct thread for this, please let me know...I couldn't find anything else with a Google search).
For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss Global Entry enrollment interview availability in the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.