Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:53 pm

Applied: 4/26/2019
CA: Pending, 116 days
Escalated: 8/20/2019, by phone
Next Trip: London, 9/20/2019
Anxiety Level: 7/10 - Orange
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:59 pm

Hi:

I just submitted an application yesterday in hope that we can get CA by Nov 24 (~96 days) so that we can do that the EA on arrival in SFO when we come back from Asia. Is this a possibility? I read posts about the escalation, how does that work and is it effective? Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by puckhead39
Applied: 4/23/19
Escalated: 8/16/19
CA: 8/17/19 (received email notice at 8:40am)
Interview scheduled for 9/10/19

I had been lurking for the past couple of months, and figured I was going to get the CA last week.
I didn't get it Friday(8/16) morning so I called the 877 number to escalate.
Was on hold about 10~15 minutes and the nice lady escalated my case.
I don't know if escalating helped or not but I got the CA the next day. I don't think escalating delays your application any further so you might as well do it if you're over 100 days.
Still hoping to find an earlier interview.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Update: Interview rescheduled for 9/3/19.
It looks like they opened up a bunch of new interview times this afternoon. At least for the El Paso EC.

One question for those that have received their GE cards. How long did it take to receive your card in mail after final approval? I need the physical card since I'm using it for mostly for Sentri.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by shepathustra
Applied: 4/26/2019
CA: Pending, 116 days
Escalated: 8/20/2019, by phone
Next Trip: London, 9/20/2019
Anxiety Level: 7/10 - Orange
Welcome to Flyertalk!

Take a breath. Based on recent reports, you should hear back by the end of August. Currently seem to be running 115-125 days (for those not approved in less than 10 days).
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:12 pm

Adding my data for future analysis

Hi.

​​​​Just want to drop our data so we may contribute in any future analysis of some folks.

My wife and I applied at the same time.

Application Date: 4/14/2019
CA date: Still Pending
Total days (as of 8/20/2019): 128 days

We are still patiently waiting lolz.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:06 am

So my girlfriend finally got CA yesterday. I didn't check it until this morning as I have done every morning since May. LOL
So Applied on 4/25
CA on 8/20

Now hopefully she can get her interview completed upon arrival in Houston tomorrow when she flies back home from Mexico.
Fingers crossed that she gets that completed.

There for sure is a pattern going. So anyone around that applied time should be getting reviewed very soon.
I will post if she gets her interview completed.
Good luck to everyone still waiting. It is so nerve racking.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Platinum
Wife & I both applied online (in central FL) on 8/15/19. She already received conditional approval (in 4-days). Mine is still pending review...

I submitted my application during daytime (business hours) & hers was submitted that evening (late/after hours)...not sure how the CBP TTP assigns the applications. Hers may have been assigned to an examiner with a lower caseload &/or maybe just something in her preliminary background check allowed hers to be processed more quickly. No idea what drives processing times but I was shocked hers went thru so quickly given the ~100 day backlog...I'll update once my approval comes thru.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:54 am

Waiting for Conditional Approval Since May 11 Application

Day 103 with no conditional approval yet and no word. Sounds like I'm not alone, which helps.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:15 am

Basically, it is either less than 10 days or over 100. I don't think anybody here has determined which applicants qualify for the short review time.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:53 am

Just wanted to give an update.
When my girlfriend arrived into Houston yesterday she tried to do the interview upon arrival. They were so backed up
that if she would of stayed to do the interview she would have missed her flight to Orlando.
So today we are driving all the way to Miami to get the interview completed. 5 hr drive one way just for a 10 minute interview
at best.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: Global Entry
Unhappy Global Entry Application Escalated

I applied for Global Entry on 5/13/19 and submitted an escalation after I hit 100 days and still "Pending Review".

Any others having their application take this long? I have an international trip in 2 months and would like to have Global Entry by then.

Last edited by mrwilko; Aug 23, 2019 at 6:20 am Reason: adding text
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by mrwilko
I applied for Global Entry on 5/13/19 and submitted an escalation after I hit 100 days and still "Pending Review".

Any others having their application take this long? I have an international trip in 2 months and would like to have Global Entry by then.
We all are - save those lucky few who get through in a week or so. You've probably got a month or so left, unless the escalation actually does something [not sure there's been evidence of that on here - one who got approved the next day but was probably about time they hit the front of the queue anyway].
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
All done. I'm good to go...
Applied 4/15
CA 7/31 (in the late afternoon)
First available appointment at MSP 10/23, rescheduled for 9/20, rescheduled for 8/23. It pays to keep checking; next available appt at MSP is now February some time.
Showed up for my appointment about 10 minutes early. Got called in almost immediately and left 1 minute after my scheduled appt. time. Approval email by the time I got to my car. Site updated almost immediately showing approval too.

Best of luck everyone.

Last edited by SAEMom25; Aug 23, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Miles&Smiles
very new LPR here: has anyone applied for their GE while abroad? i applied on july 31 (as soon as i got my plastic green card in the mail) hoping to be CA'd by the time i return in late august. it seems that folks who applied around that time were approved within the week which implies the backlog is 'under control'.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by whyamisodumb
very new LPR here: has anyone applied for their GE while abroad? i applied on july 31 (as soon as i got my plastic green card in the mail) hoping to be CA'd by the time i return in late august. it seems that folks who applied around that time were approved within the week which implies the backlog is 'under control'.
I don't think the backlog is under control - the maximum wait time has continued to increase. I applied on 5/15 and am still waiting. It was about 80 days in mid-late June, and now it seems to be at least 110 days. I think there are plenty of people who applied in August who haven't posted about their experience because they have no expectation of getting approved quickly. There are some people who are approved quickly, but that doesn't seem to be the norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.