Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:28 am

Over 11 weeks...

Applied 4/21/2019 and 78 days later I'm still waiting.

Wife's application went in a few days before mine and she got approval in two weeks. My son, who today isn't even 18 months, also got approval in two weeks.

Wife and Son are both American citizens, I'm a South African with a Green Card.

Sigh.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: Global Entry
My fiancee applied on April 4 and has yet to hear back. 96 days and counting I've already had GE for a few years and it would be really nice to actually.... use it? She doesn't particularly like me taking the GE line haha
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:00 pm

Thought I would share my family’s experience with first-time Global Entry applications. I submitted my application on January 28 and received conditional approval on February 1 (4 days). My wife submitted her application on April 22 and received conditional approval on May 1 (9 days). My 20-year-old daughter submitted her application on April 28 and received conditional approval on May 5 (7 days). My 24-year-old son submitted his application on June 24 and as of today July 9 (15 days later) is still awaiting approval.

I was able to schedule an interview at JFK in mid-March when returning home from a business trip. My wife and daughter scheduled an interview recently at the airport in Philadelphia during a layover. My son, fortunately has about 5 months before his TSA Precheck expires (and does not have an international trip in the near future), so it was good he applied early. I did not realize the length of some of the delays until looking at message boards recently. I see that my wife, daughter and I all were lucky to be approved so quickly.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
My Data Points:
Living Abroad in UK
2 US Citizens
Self - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved: 7 July - 98 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Child - Applied: 1 April - Conditionally Approved 8 July - 99 Days - E-mail notification received immediately
Spouse (UK Citizen) - Applied: 2 April - Still Pending (101 Days as of this post)

Regarding my comment about e-mail notification, I happened to have looked into my account an hour before my approval and was still pending, I happened to receive an e-mail roughly an hour later that my status had changed, sure enough it showed approved. I did check my child's account that same day and was still pending, next day received an e-mail, which showed approved on the 8th which was the following day and also when the e-mail was sent. So either they've fixed the e-mail system or we have been randomly lucky twice.

We will start the escalation process for our remaining application as we have a trip coming up in August. We have about 2 hours to connect in CLT hoping we land early and do our interviews right away, wish we could interview at the connecting airport (TPA in our case.) Otherwise backup to make a big road trip to Miami as appointments seem to be mostly non-existent otherwise in TPA or MCO for the two weeks we'll be stateside.

Last edited by fwdlink; Jul 10, 2019 at 4:13 am Reason: clarifying
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:18 pm

So - little update. I called the 877 number with the 6-1-4-0 options for 2 days. On day 3 - today - I got a live person after approximately 10 minutes on old. While he admitted that my application has been reviewed for 87 days (about 12 weeks), he said that the department had just sent out an email that as of now, processing times go up to 14 weeks, not 11 weeks. Therefore, he could not escalate my case until 14 weeks pass. However, he said, he was hopeful that I would get news in the following 2 weeks...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Olga Pernik
So - little update. I called the 877 number with the 6-1-4-0 options for 2 days. On day 3 - today - I got a live person after approximately 10 minutes on old. While he admitted that my application has been reviewed for 87 days (about 12 weeks), he said that the department had just sent out an email that as of now, processing times go up to 14 weeks, not 11 weeks. Therefore, he could not escalate my case until 14 weeks pass. However, he said, he was hopeful that I would get news in the following 2 weeks...
Well, my boyfriend has escalated 2x and still nothing ... he’s on day 150 (21 weeks & 3 days) ... BEYOND FRUSTRATED at this point.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by mcarney64

Well, my boyfriend has escalated 2x and still nothing ... he’s on day 150 (21 weeks & 3 days) ... BEYOND FRUSTRATED at this point.
ouch!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:30 am

I am still waiting as well. For those that haven't seen my previous posts, I applied for myself and child on 2/18. My child received conditional approval on 5/1. I, however have yet to receive approval. This is day 141. I did call and have my application escalated on 6/18. I received an incident number and email stating 3-4 weeks to resolve. 7/16 will be 4 weeks. At that point, if I haven't heard, I will call back. Not sure if it's worth calling back before the 4 week "deadline". The inconsistencies in the application processing times are rather perplexing and beyond irritating.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by FrauSerious
Hi, all. My husband and 16-year old daughter applied for Global Entry on March 31. DH got conditional approval on Saturday. DD has yet to receive approval. I've filed complaints at the CBP website (actually--perhaps by coincidence, my husband's application was conditionally approved 24 hours after the complaint). Today I called the number provided by another member in this thread (with very helpful instructions, BTW):

"1-877-227-5511 and follow the prompts. I believe I press 6 on first prompt and then 1 on the second and 4 on the last one and then 0."

When I press 0 at the end, I get a message saying that the number is a non-working number. Any suggestions? I tried it three times, twice getting the "non-working number" and once getting immediately disconnected after pressing 0. (And yes, I did listen to the whole spiel to make sure that the numbers in the above quote were correct).
Just an update: I called again this morning and got through to someone within 5 minutes. They've escalated the case, but still say it could take 10-14 days for conditional approval.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:42 pm

This sounds so hit or miss. I am trying a different angle to see what happens. Will let you know if it works.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by mcarney64

That is horrible. I am on Day 100 now (applied 4/3 and still pending) and read your updates about your boyfriend with growing horror (saw the first posts were at the beginning of June and kept thinking "well surely the next post from mcarney64 will say he was finally approved"). Hang in there!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Just an update for everyone, just escalated our final outstanding application which is at 101 days and it took multiple attempts to get through as it would give a message to call back later after about 2 minutes. We finally managed to get through after a 15 minute wait and the agent advised they have been told that they can only escalate at the 100 day mark which I think is also mentioned elsewhere, so heads up to those on the cusp. Timing for escalation resolution is still quoted at 3-4 weeks. Agent said the escalation would take about 10 minutes, so now it's a wait to receive the confirmation of such.

Last edited by fwdlink; Jul 11, 2019 at 2:18 pm Reason: claryfication
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:17 pm

I just hung up the phone from calling the 877-227-5511, then prompts 6/1/4/0. Even though their recording says they will take the call "in just one moment", it turned about to be 18 minutes. When they did answer they told me we have to wait 100 days from the application date before they request escalation and it has to be him calling, I cannot call for him. Since it's been 100 days + he will have to call and I will update you once that happens.

History: My daughter and I applied for Global Entry on 1/20/19 and were approved 4/3/19. My husband applied on 4/3/19 and we are still waiting on 7/11/19. When my daughter and I went in for the interview the Officer that helped us was fantastic. He told us that we were placed on a "suspicious" status at first because we have visited so many countries (30+ in the last 10 years) and that's why ours took so long to process. I accept and understand that and appreciate their security steps. After we were fully approved he checked the status of my husband's app for us (this was on 6/25/19) and said not only was my hubby on the same "suspicious" list, which makes sense, he has such a common name that it will take even longer for him. Our last name is Murphy and his first name is even MORE common than that! I think what stumps me is we have had TSA Pre-Check for the last 5 years, so why wouldn't that lend credence to approving the Global Entry.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Power Peter
This sounds so hit or miss. I am trying a different angle to see what happens. Will let you know if it works.
Yes, please keep us posted. I called today to inquire as to my status using my original "incident" number when I escalated my application after waiting 100+ days. The agent just created yet another "incident" ticket despite the fact the original email with the first escalation says not to do that. My TSA Precheck expires in Oct. at this point I'm inclined to renew that because who knows how long that will take and I don't want to be without that when I travel in the fall.

This is so maddening!

*For those that just joined this thread, I applied on FEBRUARY 18th and after double checking my math today actually marks day 143 with no status update.

Last edited by Socastee; Jul 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm Reason: data correction.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

This thread is about processing timelines for applicants who are US citizens or US lawful permanent residents.

For indexing and future search purposes, a recent post updating the status of a Global Entry application by UK citizen spouse of a US citizen residing in the UK was moved to the relevant thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.