Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by LKC118
Is anyone having trouble with the web-link to reschedule an interview? I've been using it daily to try and move my appointment to a closer location (2 hours one-way drive v. 5 hours) but as of yesterday, I get a proxy error. I've tried on multiple devices and on and off my VPN.
It's backup online. Try it now and it should work.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:58 am

Someone posted earlier (has since been removed??) to use the app Mobile Passport. Going to try this if I don't hear from anyone in a week. The poster stated he went right through with no lines entering the USA.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
There is no need to reschedule your appointment. Most likely, the CBP officer who conducted the interview neglected to click on the final approval button after your interview. Call the Enrollment Center where you had your interview to have the issue resolved.
Thank you! I did call them and spoke to the officer. I guess they didn't click the 'Approve' button and once he processed I got a status change email 5 minutes after. Logged into my account and my GE has been approved.

But my KTN is not working thou... Added the KTN to one of my upcoming reservations but there is no Pre-Check sign on the boarding pass. Is there a processing time to activate the KTN?

Also, in my GOES account, there is no 'Activate GE Card' button... Just wondering if they take away that function? THANKS!
TWA884 likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 30, 2019 at 12:24 pm Reason: Fix formatting
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by Power Peter
Someone posted earlier (has since been removed??) to use the app Mobile Passport. Going to try this if I don't hear from anyone in a week. The poster stated he went right through with no lines entering the USA.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citize...ssport-control
Please continue the discussion of the Mobile Passport App in one of the the following thread:
Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hnlogg352
Thank you! I did call them and spoke to the officer. I guess they didn't click the 'Approve' button and once he processed I got a status change email 5 minutes after. Logged into my account and my GE has been approved.

But my KTN is not working thou... Added the KTN to one of my upcoming reservations but there is no Pre-Check sign on the boarding pass. Is there a processing time to activate the KTN?

Also, in my GOES account, there is no 'Activate GE Card' button... Just wondering if they take away that function? THANKS!
You're welcome.

Take a look at this thread:
It may take up to 72 hours for the airline reservation system to recognize your Trusted Travel status.

Also, the Global Entry card activation button will not appear until after the card is printed and mailed. That also takes a few days.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:22 pm

I see. Thanks again!

I only have 2 buttons now in my GOES account - 'Replace Card' and 'Add Vehicle', does that mean they haven't mail my GE card?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by hnlogg352
I see. Thanks again!

I only have 2 buttons now in my GOES account - 'Replace Card' and 'Add Vehicle', does that mean they haven't mail my GE card?
Yes.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Some hope for those of you out there still waiting...

Applied: 4/12
Escalated: 7/1
CA: 7/30
Total wait time: 109 days
I did receive an email telling me that my TTP application had a status change

I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks now ever since my application passed the 11 week mark (back when the average wait was still 11 weeks...) I have noticed the following pattern:

- A group of people who applied in Feb are still waiting at 135-150 days or more
- Majority of posts here that applied starting in Apr are sequentially being approved (ie, appiied 4/7 approved 4/21, applied 4/11 approved 4/29, and so on). For these people the average wait time is around 100-109 days
- People who applied in May or June either got approval within a reasonable time frame (see "two streams" below) or are still waiting
- People who are now applying in July seem to be getting CA quickly (ie, 3-7 days)

Two stream patterns? theory:
It appears that there is a continuous stream of people who consistently receive CA within 10-15 days no matter when they applied. The second stream is the aforementioned groups of people who have varying wait times based on when they applied (not so much a "stream" as "pockets" or "buckets"). Having TSA Pre-check, security clearance with gov due to job, etc etc etc does not seem to affect GE prcoessing times. My conclusion is that the backlog started back in Feb up to May, and people who applied in Mar and Apr are now gradually getting CA, while the earliest (Feb) and latest (May-Jun) backlog are still waiting. And finally people who applied now in July are not backlogged or are processed quickly, almost as though by a separate department.

Thoughts?

P.S. Interview scheduled for next Wednesday, 8/7. It was the only thing available for the next whole two months until mid-Oct, although most likely, as other posters have mentioned, there would be new openings throughout the day as people cancel or complete on arrival. I'm just gonna stick with mine and get it over with before my trip at the end of August, though. Wish me luck!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:04 am

So my update. Applied April 14 for myself, husband and 3 year old son. They got CA April 25. I waited and waited, called the 877 number, and emailed them in early June through the contact center with status update request. 2-3 weeks after I emailed the contact center, they responded with a generic message that I should sit tight and wait. I saved the email and responded to it yesterday morning saying that I would like to escalate since it's been over 100 days. They responded yesterday saying my request had been received and I should wait another 3-4 weeks for escalation to be resolved. This morning they e-mailed me letting me know I got CA. I checked the website and voi-la, I have my CA. But I don't freaking have use of it now, because I am traveling in August and next interview available in SFO (which is my closest) is in OCTOBER. At least I got the CA... Here is the email address that they used for correspondence and seem to respond to pretty quickly: [email protected]
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Olga Pernik
But I don't freaking have use of it now, because I am traveling in August and next interview available in SFO (which is my closest) is in OCTOBER. At least I got the CA...
Members report having good luck with walk-in interviews at SFO, although things may have changed with the deployment of CBP officers to the Mexican border. Please check out the following thread:
If a walk-in interview does not work out for you, Enrollment on Arrival is an option when you return from you trip. Please refer to teh following thread:
Olga Pernik likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
But I don't freaking have use of it now, because I am traveling in August and next interview available in SFO (which is my closest) is in OCTOBER.
I just checked and there is an appointment available at SFO tomorrow at 3pm. Bit short notice but if you can make it, get it quick before it gets grabbed!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:45 pm

Can’t believe this. I was able to reschedule for August 17th!!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:55 pm

So my update. Applied April 14 for myself, husband and 3 year old son. They got CA April 25. I waited and waited, called the 877 number, and emailed them in early June through the contact center with status update request. 2-3 weeks after I emailed the contact center, they responded with a generic message that I should sit tight and wait. I saved the email and responded to it yesterday morning saying that I would like to escalate since it's been over 100 days. They responded yesterday saying my request had been received and I should wait another 3-4 weeks for escalation to be resolved. This morning they e-mailed me letting me know I got CA. I checked the website and voi-la, I have my CA. But I don't freaking have use of it now, because I am traveling in August and next interview available in SFO (which is my closest) is in OCTOBER. At least I got the CA... Here is the email address that they used for correspondence and seem to respond to pretty quickly: [email protected]
Do you think you were CA’d because you escalated? I applied for my daughters on 4/15 and haven’t escalated because recent approvals weren’t past that date yet. I’m thinking if you applied on 4/14 that means my daughters should be approved in a day or two. I don’t want to escalate unless absolutely necessary. Just getting a feel for whether you think escalating helped you so I can decide if I should escalate?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 2:56 pm

I think it helped but who knows. People escalate left and right and nothing happens!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Can’t believe this. I was able to reschedule for August 17th!!
Cancellation occurs frequently. If you keep checking, you may find something for tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.