Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:39 pm

I've been waiting for conditional approval over 2 months. Should I expect an email from homeland security when there's an update on my case, or do I have to log in to my account and check for myself?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by dzdang
I've been waiting for conditional approval over 2 months. Should I expect an email from homeland security when there's an update on my case, or do I have to log in to my account and check for myself?
There have been plenty of reports of getting an email on status change and not getting email. I would make a point of logging on periodically to check.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:49 pm

I got the email but my husband and son did not.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez
Do you think you were CA’d because you escalated? I applied for my daughters on 4/15 and haven’t escalated because recent approvals weren’t past that date yet. I’m thinking if you applied on 4/14 that means my daughters should be approved in a day or two. I don’t want to escalate unless absolutely necessary. Just getting a feel for whether you think escalating helped you so I can decide if I should escalate?
If I were you I’d wait until tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If current patterns hold they should be approved within a couple of days.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by xsparker

If I were you I’d wait until tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. If current patterns hold they should be approved within a couple of days.
I agree, my oldest daughter was approved earlier today but my youngest is still pending. I applied for both of them on April 15th. Now I’m nervous my youngest is going to go into the over 200 day wait like some who have posted on here. Going to try and be patient for another day!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:26 am

Finally got mine without some sweating along the way - I had previously applied a few years ago and was denied, but figured I’d give it another go and re-apply.

Applied - April 9
CA - July 25 (107 days)
Interview - July 27
MIA had slots available same day as my CA if I wanted to deal with rush hour traffic, instead I opted for that Saturday. Was told I’d find out in a few days as it had to be reviewed by the supervisor due to my previous application being denied
Full Approval - July 29 (as I was sitting in a lounge about to board a transatlantic flight)

Several people say they didn’t receive them, but the two status change emails came promptly.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Applied April 15
CA July 31
108 days
Interview scheduled Oct. 25 at MSP (will continue to look for an earlier time.)
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by SAEMom25
Applied April 15
CA July 31
108 days
Interview scheduled Oct. 25 at MSP (will continue to look for an earlier time.)
I’m starting to freak out because one of my daughters was approved but the other hasn’t. I applied for both on April 15th.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Vanessa Rodriguez

I’m starting to freak out because one of my daughters was approved but the other hasn’t. I applied for both on April 15th.
I applied April 16 - I did called and escalate two days ago and still pending anyways. But I don't really need it anymore (glad my credit card paid for this).
already had my International trip last week so instead of Global Entry I used TSA to exit and for returning I did use the Mobile Passport Control App (FREE) and it was actually better, I don’t even wait 1 min on line, when I walked thru the officer she already had all my info, she only ask if I have anything to declare and that's all, total time there 2 min.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:31 am

Applied - April 11
CA - July 27
Interview - October 8th Honolulu

I received an e-mail notifying me of my "Application status change" upon approval.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 1:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
In The Washington Post:
Why your Global Entry application may be taking forever

According to the site, it could take up to 100 days for Global Entry applications to be processed, though the CBP spokesperson said in an email this week that between 65 and 70 percent of applications and renewals are being processed in 15 or fewer days. About 25 percent of applications have a processing time of more than 90 days. The agency said anyone who needs to reschedule an appointment should expect availability to be limited through Sept. 30.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:03 am

Data Point
17 year old daughter
Applied 4/15
CA’d 7/31

12 year old daughter
Applied 4/15
Escalated 8/1 at 108 days
Hoping resolution doesn’t take 3-8 weeks as indicated on email received after escalation

Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:36 am

After several attempts at calling, I finally got through and midway through conversation was disconnected. Now cannot get through again. I did just receive an email stating my case was escalated BUT the info below message had a reference number, Date (today) and Status: Closed/Clarify. Nothing else filled in. Totally confused if it is escalated. Has anyone else received this confirm email?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Applied 4/15, CA 7/31 (108 days) Original appointment was 10/25.

Managed to reschedule for 8/23 at MSP after checking frequently on the website. I highly recommend doing this. I gradually moved up during the day as times became available and ended up with this date.

Almost there!

Last edited by SAEMom25; Aug 2, 2019 at 10:40 am Reason: not all info
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:06 pm

Finally Getting Somewhere

Originally Posted by Power Peter
After several attempts at calling, I finally got through and midway through conversation was disconnected. Now cannot get through again. I did just receive an email stating my case was escalated BUT the info below message had a reference number, Date (today) and Status: Closed/Clarify. Nothing else filled in. Totally confused if it is escalated. Has anyone else received this confirm email?
APPLIED 4/22/19

After several hours of on hold, getting disconnected, calls getting dropped, blah blah blah blah blah, I finally got my wife and I's apps. escalated in the system. One note , the person other than yourself must be in the room or available by conference call in order for you to speak on their behalf. Now the wait. will be returning on Sept. 9th so will check emails otherwise going to use the mobile passport control app. option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.