Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:44 pm

Does anyone know if Membership/Pass ID populated on TTP website then it means that conditional approval is on its way?

Not sure if everyone gets assigned their Membership/Pass ID after enrollment.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ateet
Does anyone know if Membership/Pass ID populated on TTP website then it means that conditional approval is on its way?

Not sure if everyone gets assigned their Membership/Pass ID after enrollment.
Everyone is assigned a PASSID when their Global Entry application is submitted.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:04 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Now over six months and still "Pending Review"
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
Now over six months and still "Pending Review"
Mine and 2 kids GE application got conditionally approved next day. I was able to find appointment at close by center within 2 weeks.

My wifes application is pending. Not sure what is the logic. Nothing in history. The only thing is that we both already have TSA Pre since March 2023.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by ateet
Mine and 2 kids GE application got conditionally approved next day. I was able to find appointment at close by center within 2 weeks.

My wifes application is pending. Not sure what is the logic. Nothing in history. The only thing is that we both already have TSA Pre since March 2023.
I've had Pre since 2019, I'm actually eligible to renew my Pre next month, I have a CC that will pay for that one but I was hoping to wait and use that credit for my son next year when he needs to get it.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 8:08 am
Previously known as Houranis

New Global Entry application is taking too long

Hello,
I applied for Global Entry on Feb 26th for my 1 year child. It is still pending review. How long does it usually take? My child is only 1 year old and has no previous background or travel history.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Houranis
Hello,
I applied for Global Entry on Feb 26th for my 1 year child. It is still pending review. How long does it usually take? My child is only 1 year old and has no previous background or travel history.
I and my 2 kids were conditionally approved within a day or two, but my wifes application is pending. The whole GE approval process is a black box where nobody understands how the conditional approval works.

I bet CBP runs some kind of rules in background across government databases and analysts get some kind of a score/methodology to take it to next level or defer it for manual adjudication. Anything outside of pre-defined parameters would trigger manual review which takes months.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 12:34 pm
cl_

Data point for anyone interested:
Applied for GE over labor day weekend. During the application process there were numerous warnings that it could take over 6 months to obtain approval. Almost changed to Pre as a result of the warnings, but persisted.

On the Tuesday after Labor Day (9/5/23), less than 72 hours after applying, the applicants in my household received emails indicating preliminary approval and the next step was an appointment. I logged in to attempt to schedule the appointment, but there were no appointments in the entire system except somewhere in Alaska.

The following Monday morning (9/11/23) I logged on again, and there we abundant appointments throughout the US, including in a nearby location starting the first week of October. Due to other prior commitments, I selected appointments for the 2nd week of October. Never received appointment confirmations but could see the appointment times by logging into GE via login.gov. The GE site offered the option to print the appointment confirmation, and both the application number and the GE number appeared at the end of the confirmation document. The GE numbers for my household are consecutive numbers.

When a scheduling issue came up in late September, I logged in on a random day to assess rescheduling. There were multiple appointments (but fewer than previously) available at the nearby location near the end of October. I decided to keep the original appointment as the others presented different scheduling issues.

Arrived for the appointment, were called in for the interviews within 15 mins. The shortest interview took less than 2 minutes, the longest about 5 + mins with more questions. Unclear why there was a difference although the one that took longest has been to more countries over the last 20 years. All applicants in my party were fingerprinted (both hands; all 10 fingers) and photographed. After the appointment I was able to login to the frequent flier accounts and add the GE numbers.

Initial application to completed, working GE # = 5.5 weeks
Old Oct 17, 2023, 1:35 pm
nlf

Originally Posted by Houranis
Hello,
I applied for my then 2 year old and it's been more than 12 months now
Old Nov 4, 2023, 7:25 am

Applied Monday morning 10/30. Conditional approval Tuesday evening. Followed appointment openings on my spare monitor for a day and a half and was able to secure an appointment at BWI for 8:15 Friday evening. Called to confirm appointment and gentleman said I could come earlier that evening. Scanned passport, did fingerprinting and he said all good within about a minute. Received approval email before I left BWI at 6:15 on 11/3. I was pretty pleased after reading all of the other stories of how tough process can be.
Markie, Majuki, beachmouse and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: jetblue
So I applied for Global entry this past Saturday 11/11. Maybe because I already had TSA Pre-check I was approved basically instantly. There was an appointment available for today November 16 at the US Customs house in lower Manhattan, I was in line by 7:45, upstairs by 8:05, interviewed and approved by 8:20.

Maybe it was dumb luck, maybe geography, but that's a lot different than the 11 month waits I keep reading about.
beachmouse and DualityOfNam like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
First time application

Applied: 11/27 8:20PM
Conditional Approval: 11/28 3:25AM

This seems very, very fast..
Old Nov 28, 2023, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by diverx99
So I applied for Global entry this past Saturday 11/11. Maybe because I already had TSA Pre-check I was approved basically instantly. There was an appointment available for today November 16 at the US Customs house in lower Manhattan, I was in line by 7:45, upstairs by 8:05, interviewed and approved by 8:20.

Maybe it was dumb luck, maybe geography, but that's a lot different than the 11 month waits I keep reading about.
Same dumb luck here. Applied for GE on Sunday, 11/26, first time for two children, ages 13 and 20 (both had TSA Pre-Check on their own). About 36 hours later, the 20-year old gets conditional approval while 13-year old is still pending. The two applications are identical except for the 20-year old, I checked "yes" in the box asking if returning from international travel to the US in the next 6 months (study abroad next semester). For the 13-year old, I checked "no". I already have NEXUS and renewed it once, but I suspect it would have no effect on my kids apps. Somewhat relieved that it didn't take the full estimated wait time on the site. Would have even been happy with a few weeks wait.

Good luck to all.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by DualityOfNam
Same dumb luck here. Applied for GE on Sunday, 11/26, first time for two children, ages 13 and 20 (both had TSA Pre-Check on their own). About 36 hours later, the 20-year old gets conditional approval
Interview completed and card received four days later.
Majuki likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 9:10 pm

After reading entries above with fast approval, my husband and I decided to apply rather than renew TSA PreCheck. Our renewal was in a few months, so we figured if GE took a while, wed at least still have PreCheck. Im sure geography plays into getting appointments, but our approval was very fast, even over the NY holiday.

12.31.2023 Applied
01.02.2024 Conditional approval
01.03.2024 Interviews at LAX La Cienega enrolllment center (appointments opened up the night before)
01.03.2024 Approved. My husband before he got back to his car, I was approved in the afternoon
01.16.2024 Both received our Global Entry IDs.
fprezioso likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.