Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Anyone else think the haptic Home button is a bit weird-feeling? I played with the 7 at the Apple Store this weekend and couldn't find a setting that was anywhere close to how the button on the 6S feels. It's probably something one can get used to, but still.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by tmiw
Anyone else think the haptic Home button is a bit weird-feeling? I played with the 7 at the Apple Store this weekend and couldn't find a setting that was anywhere close to how the button on the 6S feels. It's probably something one can get used to, but still.
I also played with the 7 and the home button did indeed feel a little weird but if I'd switch from my 6S Plus I could get used to it. It sort of is like when Apple changed the trackpad in the MacBook Pros and that also provided haptic feedback but when I tried it, it felt almost the same as the older track pads.

My dad ordered the 7 (switching from a 5S) so wonder how he'll like the new home button.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've had the phone since the 23rd of September. I'm to the point I wish my iPad had the same haptic "button" as the iPhone.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AsherSB
I originally was going to get a standard 7 128 gigabyte in jet black, but moved to space grey
The iPhone 7 does not come in space gray.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I also played with the 7 and the home button did indeed feel a little weird but if I'd switch from my 6S Plus I could get used to it. It sort of is like when Apple changed the trackpad in the MacBook Pros and that also provided haptic feedback but when I tried it, it felt almost the same as the older track pads.

My dad ordered the 7 (switching from a 5S) so wonder how he'll like the new home button.
I've had the 7 for a few days. The home button change didn't take long to get used to. I think I like the new one better.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EmptyKim
I've had the 7 for a few days. The home button change didn't take long to get used to. I think I like the new one better.
Good to know.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:14 pm

No problem with the new button. Also you can change the feel a little bit in the settings. My wife's 5s died and she isn't into phones. She told me to take the 7 and give her my 6. I wasn't ready to upgrade, but notice that my 7+ is faster, I like the camera, VOIP Over LTE is a even better, and battery life seems a bit better than my 6 with a Mophie case case (but I can't make it a full day even with a complete rebuild -- not a restoration of a backup).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I agree. I got the iPhone 7 about a week after release (my 5S fell in the pool before swim workout). After maybe 2-3 days I was fine with the button.

The lack of headphone is what bothers me more. I have an old car and connect my phone to listen to music through a cassette adapter (yes my vehicle is a 2003!). Eventually I just left the headphone adapter in my car, and have ordered a few extra through Amazon (Target sells them for $10).
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aztimm
I agree. I got the iPhone 7 about a week after release (my 5S fell in the pool before swim workout). After maybe 2-3 days I was fine with the button.

The lack of headphone is what bothers me more. I have an old car and connect my phone to listen to music through a cassette adapter (yes my vehicle is a 2003!). Eventually I just left the headphone adapter in my car, and have ordered a few extra through Amazon (Target sells them for $10).
Or, you could try to do this lifehack
for a wireless connection.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Well i just returned my Galaxy Note 7 that i bought through Samsung.com today.

I'm jumping the ship from Android to iOS...

Will buy a matte black (female here) iPhone Plus 7 256gb...

Was looking at the Jet black, really like it. But it even comes with scratches right out of the box, so i'm going with the matte black. Might pair it with a black Apple Watch in the future. I also really liked the silver, but the apple logo is a bit too reflective on the silver and i consume media might get the black bezels.

Waiting for the unlocked version to be available to order my phone. This is very strange, i am 100% pure android fan and .. i cannot take the Note 7 incident so i'm going to abandon Samsung. BETRAYAL!

BTW- I think the next hot color will be white, and that Apple will release a ceramic white iPhone in the future. That would look amazing, if only silver or white phone with a black front.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Or, you could try to do this lifehack for a wireless connection.
haha, interesting!

I've actually used my phone via Bluetooth in some rental cars, and a friend's car. I think the sound quality through the cassette adapter is actually better, but that's just my opinion.

Eventually I'll get a new car, that probably won't have a cassette player, and I'll have to give in.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by mvtm
Well i just returned my Galaxy Note 7 that i bought through Samsung.com today.

I'm jumping the ship from Android to iOS...

Will buy a matte black (female here) iPhone Plus 7 256gb...

Was looking at the Jet black, really like it. But it even comes with scratches right out of the box, so i'm going with the matte black. Might pair it with a black Apple Watch in the future. I also really liked the silver, but the apple logo is a bit too reflective on the silver and i consume media might get the black bezels.

Waiting for the unlocked version to be available to order my phone. This is very strange, i am 100% pure android fan and .. i cannot take the Note 7 incident so i'm going to abandon Samsung. BETRAYAL!

BTW- I think the next hot color will be white, and that Apple will release a ceramic white iPhone in the future. That would look amazing, if only silver or white phone with a black front.
What carrier? Verizon phones come unlocked.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
What carrier? Verizon phones come unlocked.
I'm in Venezuela, so if i get any carrier version i would have to pay at least a month of plan to unlock it. I think in T-Mobile they unlock your phone after 40 days being live in the network. I'm aware that the Verizon network is the one with most bands, but having to finish the activation process in-store (for any carrier version)... while i'm not in the US.. might be a bit of a hassle for me. The wait line is right now by November. I think if they get out the factory sim unlocked soon, there would be another queue... and i would have better chances to even receive it sooner than the carrier backordered ones. (counting that they release the int factory unlocked version this month.. hypothesis.. not sure what would happen)

So i'm just crossing my fingers for the factory unlocked version. Sounds reasonable? Or any other ideas?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Received my iPhone7 today and initial quick reviews after having it for a couple hours.

-The new home button is terrible. It feels terrible and the idea of it is terrible. I'm sure you just get used to it but the initial feel is a huge turn off

-The lightning to aux adapter was clearly a last minute thought and it's a cheap piece of crap. They can't make the charging cables last this thing won't last at all.

-Camera... not sure it is better. At all.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I love mine. No complaints at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.