Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Just to double-check myself...

If I buy an iPhone 7+ directly from Apple and choose the "SIM free" version, will there be any issue at all using it exclusively in Thailand?

Would use 12Call as the carrier, if that makes a difference.

Any disadvantage to buying it here in USA as opposed to buying in Thailand (where I am always concerned about counterfeit products)?

I am not much of a phone-techy guy, so appreciate any insights.

Thanks.
It will work fine. The "SIM Free" version covers all bands you need internationally. I bought exactly this phone at an Apple store in US and put my Thai DTAC SIM card in it in Thailand, where I spend a lot of time. Works fine. BTW I share your concern about counterfeit products or any IT product that may have had malware installed by the merchant in Asia. I only buy computers, routers and phones in US.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rambutan
It will work fine. The "SIM Free" version covers all bands you need internationally. I bought exactly this phone at an Apple store in US and put my Thai DTAC SIM card in it in Thailand, where I spend a lot of time. Works fine. BTW I share your concern about counterfeit products or any IT product that may have had malware installed by the merchant in Asia. I only buy computers, routers and phones in US.
Thanks for the feedback.

I actually buy some phones in Thailand, as it is much cheaper for dual-SIM phones, but for an outlay of ~$800, I want to be sure and get a genuine iPhone.

Mileage Plus Shopping had Apple at 6x miles earlier this week...kicking myself for not pulling the trigger.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I picked up an iPhone 7 about two weeks ago. Not a bad device, the lack of the headphone jack has already proved to be an annoyance though. I do highly highly highly recommend not upgrading to iOS 11 until 11.1 comes out (probably even until 11.1.1 shows up.) It is so buggy.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:33 am

I am not happy with ios 11 update either
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I haven't had any issues with iOS 11 on my iPhone 6S Plus.

I really like the redesigned control center where everything is on the same page.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like how 1+2+3 on the iOS 11 calculator yields an answer of 24, speaking of bugs.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Mine says 6. But I prefer using the PCalc RPN calculator anyway.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...to_the_ios_11/'

You probably have to do it faster.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Word on the street is not looking for for Apple - iPhone 7 sales are far outstripping iPhone 8 sales, and with the delay of the iPhone X likely to miss much of the fall/holiday phone refresh/gift buying momentum plus lots of negative buzz around the design, limitations of the aspect ratio, etc, and general feeling that Apple has lost interest in innovating and lost control over quality.

Not good at all.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Word on the street is not looking for for Apple - iPhone 7 sales are far outstripping iPhone 8 sales, and with the delay of the iPhone X likely to miss much of the fall/holiday phone refresh/gift buying momentum plus lots of negative buzz around the design, limitations of the aspect ratio, etc, and general feeling that Apple has lost interest in innovating and lost control over quality.

Not good at all.
I was ready to get the 8, but couldn't justify the extra money over the 7 to get: augmented reality, wireless charging, and a potentially better camera in a much less durable body. The 7 with at 128 GB was just fine. I nearly went with the 6s, because at $550 for 128 GB is tied with the SE for the best value in iPhone land.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I like how 1+2+3 on the iOS 11 calculator yields an answer of 24, speaking of bugs.
Thats fun. I think there is a bug in recognizing the "+" after you press "2". When I do it at normal speed, I get 24. But if I do it slowly, I get 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.