Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone 7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
iPhone 7

Anyone here thinking of getting the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus which might be called iPhone 7 Pro? I certainly wont because I have a 6S Plus with 64GB so I'm good to go for another 2 or 3 years.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Anyone here thinking of getting the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus which might be called iPhone 7 Pro? I certainly wont because I have a 6S Plus with 64GB so I'm good to go for another 2 or 3 years.
I am as I still have an iPhone 5 with 32gb and a face that is peeling off. The 6S was not compelling at all to me, so I am waiting for the announcement to see if a cheaper 6S or a full price 7 is the better bet.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not. I usually upgrade on the S product launch, but the lack of headphone jack on the new iPhones is a deal killer for me. It's DRM for headphones, and it pisses me off. I have some very nice Grado headphones I like using and don't want to carry an additional adapter to use headphones.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:24 pm

While tempting, I usually upgrade after 3 generations. My previous phone prior to my current 6 was the 4s.

Speaking of the S, i'm not sure if there will be an S next year or a complete overhaul that everyone seems to be talking about.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I'm not. I usually upgrade on the S product launch, but the lack of headphone jack on the new iPhones is a deal killer for me. It's DRM for headphones, and it pisses me off. I have some very nice Grado headphones I like using and don't want to carry an additional adapter to use headphones.
I already have to carry a micro USB to lightning adapter so I could charge the iPhone from my external battery. Everything is in micro USB and iPhone has to be in lightning, okay fine. Now headphones too? What am I going to do with my Shure and Boss headphones?

But on the good side, I think this will raise the raise the resell value of my 6S LOL.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Carry around various 2.5mm-to-lightning, 3.5mm-to-lightning, and bluetooth adapters?

Already on the apple website and listed at $9.
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MM...apter?fnode=97
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Mine is currently 4S. I'm getting the 6s, It's $200 off on apple.com now. The lack of headphone jack is a deal killer for me. I don't mind using the adapter. However, I will need to charge and be able to listen at the same time.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Need
I already have to carry a micro USB to lightning adapter so I could charge the iPhone from my external battery. Everything is in micro USB and iPhone has to be in lightning, okay fine.
Why do you need micro USB to lightning adapter? Why can't you just use the lightning USB cable to charge your phone from your external battery?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I'll probably pickup a 7, not the 7 pro. Having OIS in the regular 7 would be enough for me and I don't really need the dual lens stuff.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My family will be waiting for the next cycle.

We typically upgrade every 2 years - in the past there were meaningful "major" upgrades every 2 cycles. This seems to be more of minor upgrade and I wouldn't be surprised if next year's 10th anniversary is an 8 rather than a 7s, a major upgrade that we might go with.

Deleting the headphone jack just annoys me. Hopefully within a year there will be $10 lightning headphones to replace the $10 headphones I buy by the handful as my kids lose/break them.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I purchased a 5S 2 years ago last June and was waiting to upgrade for the release of the 7. I'm wondering if it's really worth it for my needs. I almost never use headphones, so that's not a deal maker or breaker for me.

Perhaps I'll wait for the 6S to get cheaper and get that one.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Mine is currently 4S. I'm getting the 6s, It's $200 off on apple.com now. The lack of headphone jack is a deal killer for me. I don't mind using the adapter. However, I will need to charge and be able to listen at the same time.
I'm sure there will be adapters that can do that. The HDMI out can do that already.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Hmmm.... Might be buying a 6 plus or 6S plus from the eBay dealer who sold me my last two iPhones (a 5c, and my current iPhone, the 6).

As for the 7... It's quite nice. The Plus in particular is hardly revolutionary but looks more than just an incremental upgrade. I'm happy to stay a generation or two behind. I'm sanguine about the headphone jack, BTW, but think they should have moved the lightening port of the top of the phone.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No more Space Gray/Black - sucks.

$1000 for an iPhone - ridiculous. Is Apple anticipating lower volume so they are trying to make it up on margin?

And the new 7 still doesn't have a full HD screen.

Last edited by anrkitec; Sep 7, 2016 at 5:11 pm
Old Sep 7, 2016, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by anrkitec
$1000 for an iPhone - ridiculous.
apple has always charged a premium for storage... not sure why you're complaining now

(at least they bumped up to 32/128/256 now, versus 16/64/128)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.