Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I don't know if it helps, but in one of my correspondences I wrote "I am sorry but you have not read my note, this is just a cut and paste response. Read it again and answer the question for me please." It then got escalated to someone who was obviously up the chain somewhere both in comprehension and language.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Been talking to CS since yesterday morning.

Each email contains either: (1) another inconsistency on their part; or (2) a repetition of something I've said multiple times.

In the same email chain:

1) They've called me by three different names

2) They've asked me for my number three different times

3) They've ignored things I've told them

4) Their advice isn't advice at all, but canned responses.

Oyyyyyy.
Are you asking for technical assistance, or are you disputing charges? If it's the latter, when you get tired of playing with them, tell them you want a "deadlock letter" so you can pursue the problem with their "alternative dispute resolution scheme." Use those exact phrases.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Not disputing charges, just need basic tech assistance. These shouldn't even be hard questions to answer, i.e. "why can I receive a text from X number, but my response never makes it to the recipient"

To which they respond:

Dear Isser,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

In regards to the outgoing text issue, we have escalated to our technical department who has confirmed that you are in USA and you have been connected to the local network successfully. And they have advised you to check the message centre number on the mobile phone.

Accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, we also would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any clarifications/assistance on 0207 132 2322 from any network or by dialling 322 from your toggle mobile; we are available from 08:00 – 20:00hrs GMT and 7 days a week. If you are in abroad please call +44 7438 646322 and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you
Old Mar 9, 2014, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Not disputing charges, just need basic tech assistance. These shouldn't even be hard questions to answer, i.e. "why can I receive a text from X number, but my response never makes it to the recipient"
I had this EXACT same issue in the US, and it resulted in my regular phone being spammed with text messages all day for them to "troubleshoot", and then an email basically saying "Nope, it works, there is no problem." but in horribly broken, repetitive English.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:58 pm

To which they respond:

Dear Isser,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to you.

In regards to the outgoing text issue, we have escalated to our technical department who has confirmed that you are in USA and you have been connected to the local network successfully. And they have advised you to check the message centre number on the mobile phone.

Accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, we also would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any clarifications/assistance on 0207 132 2322 from any network or by dialling 322 from your toggle mobile; we are available from 08:00 – 20:00hrs GMT and 7 days a week. If you are in abroad please call +44 7438 646322 and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you
It must be gratifying to have your presence in USA confirmed.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
It must be gratifying to have your presence in USA confirmed.
My default reaction in situations when I get responses like that is heavy sarcasm, but whether everyone here believes this to be possible, I think it would make their support even worse.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
My default reaction in situations when I get responses like that is heavy sarcasm, but whether everyone here believes this to be possible, I think it would make their support even worse.
It's probably little consolation, but if you were in Switzerland they'd confirm that you were in Swiss. At least that's what their site calls the country in several places.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajGoes
It's probably little consolation, but if you were in Switzerland they'd confirm that you were in Swiss. At least that's what their site calls the country in several places.

Yeah, at this point the CS is laughably bad...as in their ridiculously dumb responses actually elicit laughter, not anger.

That being said, my trip is getting closer, and if I turn on my phone in AMS and cannot send a text, I'm going to be very, very pissed off.

Hopefully I'll get a genuine response from someone who knows what they're talking about today. Going to attempt to escalate. Wish me luck!
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will say that this text not being received thing is odd. It seems to only be to iphones in my extremely limited experience of the problem. Next week I will see if it is truly fixed when I am in the US.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I will say that this text not being received thing is odd. It seems to only be to iphones in my extremely limited experience of the problem. Next week I will see if it is truly fixed when I am in the US.
It's weird because I can receive it and even reply. BB shows the check mark, i.e. according to the network, the message has gone from A to B. Unfortunately hard finding someone without an iPhone I can test this problem w/.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:13 am

Yeah, at this point the CS is laughably bad...as in their ridiculously dumb responses actually elicit laughter, not anger.

That being said, my trip is getting closer, and if I turn on my phone in AMS and cannot send a text, I'm going to be very, very pissed off.

Hopefully I'll get a genuine response from someone who knows what they're talking about today. Going to attempt to escalate. Wish me luck!
FWIW, I've had no problems sending texts from the US with my two Toggle cards. That's what I do every 120 days to keep them alive. I send them to myself on another phone and they've always arrived fine. I think Toggle has changed the technology since I got my cards though.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:24 pm

I've been having a few issues receiving google voice texts on my US temporary local toggle number while in USA (on android 4.4.2). Tried sending another test message with an actual mobile and it received the text.

It has just been these last few weeks. I've received google voice texts on it in the past.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:59 pm
Suspended

New message, escalation successful:

Dear Isser,

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In regards to your email, please be informed that the reported text message issue has been escalated once again to the respective team with a high priority to analyze the root cause of this issue and we are following our internal procedure in this case. Once we have the confirmation from the respective team with the details we will update you immediately the reason towards the issue.

Once again accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused, we also would like to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please feel free to contact us for any clarifications/assistance on 0207 132 2322 from any network or by dialing 322 from your toggle mobile; we are available from 08:00 – 20:00hrs GMT and 7 days a week. If you are in abroad please call +44 7438 646322 and we will be happy to assist you

Thank you in advance for the support and co-ordination.

Kind regards,
Sofiya Soundarajan
Toggle Mobile Customer Care
SIM cards for Travellers
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:06 pm
Suspended

I would plan on buying another SIM card. Don't expect support to fix anything.

You'll probably get "escalation" emails about 5x. Kind of doubt there's 5 levels of escalation, rather just 5 incompetent support reps.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I had the issue with Android.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ask them to call you at a certain time. I am dealing with Lycamobile, their big brother I think, and have a very odd SIM Toolkit issue. They tried to call me, but I was driving so have arranged a time with them to call me. Now, that doesn't mean it is going to be stellar service but they cannot copy/paste a conversation. They can try to follow the script but they will soon get bored of me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.