Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Adventures with Toggle Mobile (Mostly Good)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
They refunded me .42p no problem at all
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
I would certainly hope they can resolve any matters that can arise without any escalation.
YMMV, but if you hope for that, prepare to be disappointed. All I ever got from Toggle support was an explanation of why their system failed to charge me the advertised rate. Once they'd established that the phone was roaming, rather than "latched" when I placed a six-minute call, they wouldn't budge till I broke out the magic words. My pleading that I had followed all instructions and it was their system's failure that caused the overcharge was met with obsequious apologies for the inconvenience and nothing else.

It's a company which is deeply sorry that their systems may not perform as advertised, but not sorry enough to correct the problem or reimburse overcharged customers.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:02 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by nmenaker
which callback app are you using?
voice+
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:14 am

Useful thread guys, thank you. Have been struggling to figure out what I need to do to get my new Toggle sim set up on my Galaxy S4 for a trip. I have a Lycamobile (same company) sim too, and having got it on arrival in a new country (Netherlands) have had a fair bit of experience trying to get some sense out of Lyca/Toggle customer support (as in, never got much). They have an interesting service but clearly fail to maximise its impact by having woeful support and website info.

If it helps anyone, after much fiddling around (using the info on this thread) I learned that I never see a 'Sim Card' or 'Sim Toolkit' app but now I do see 'lyca services' and 'toggle services' apps. Does not seem to matter if sim lock PIN is activated now. These allow me to choose auto/manual and select the country. Looking forward to trying my new Danish local number on a trip tomorrow.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The cannot send texts solution ?

I have reported this before as have others and the problem was sending texts. I am using an Android and added a new number to my contacts as +14081234567 Let me say this though: in my address book they were correctly as +14081234567 but were being sent as 4081234567.

So, what I did was this: I went into text messages and sent the text just using the number (ie. I deleted the contact from my contacts totally) and entered +14081234567 in the number field and it went through successfully. I then added it to my address book from the message list by clicking on the contact next to the number and it works fine now.

Honestly - it was in my contact book correctly as calls would go through ok !

I don't think it will cure all problems but I will certainly add contacts this way now to take it out the equation.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Seems that toggle added data roaming packages in the "home" countries.
http://www.togglemobile.co.uk/roaming-data/en
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
Seems that toggle added data roaming packages in the "home" countries.
http://www.togglemobile.co.uk/roaming-data/en
I also saw it earlier today. Decent pricing. My question what happens after you're data allotment. I understand that the plan will renew monthly, but will they just slow the speed or charge standard per mb rate?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:36 am

I also saw it earlier today. Decent pricing. My question what happens after you're data allotment. I understand that the plan will renew monthly, but will they just slow the speed or charge standard per mb rate?
You can expand the details for each plan by clicking the "show more" button below its summary table. Then you can read this: "Once the Data Plan expired / used you will be charged at the standard rate."

Reading some parts of their site makes my teeth hurt but I think that sentence is clear enough despite the absence of a verb in its first clause.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ajGoes
You can expand the details for each plan by clicking the "show more" button below its summary table. Then you can read this: "Once the Data Plan expired / used you will be charged at the standard rate."

Reading some parts of their site makes my teeth hurt but I think that sentence is clear enough despite the absence of a verb in its first clause.
But will we have an option to be notified when our a allotment expires?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:53 pm

That would certainly be a customer-friendly feature which you might want to request. From my own experience with Toggle, though, I predict their response will be obsequiously apologetic regret that they can't provide it.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by ajGoes
That would certainly be a customer-friendly feature which you might want to request. From my own experience with Toggle, though, I predict their response will be obsequiously apologetic regret that they can't provide it.
Lol, It has been almost 2 weeks since my question has been escalated and no response.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:13 pm

I don't think so. But there is a code to check the days balance. And in Android phones you can set a mobile data counter so it can notify you.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't like any company that does autorenew automatically as my experience is they also make it very difficult to undo. They are associated with Lycamobile and that is their tactic and one reason why I left them and will never, ever, return to them.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I don't like any company that does autorenew automatically as my experience is they also make it very difficult to undo. They are associated with Lycamobile and that is their tactic and one reason why I left them and will never, ever, return to them.
From the page linked to above: "To cancel the auto-renewal please dial *190#." I put reminders for that sort of thing on my phone's calendar.

I'd say this is aimed at ongoing rather than occasional customers, but I agree it would be nice to have a one-time bundle available.

Also, unless you also set up automatic top-ups, the auto-renew would presumably stop once you run out of credit.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I agree that their not the best company to deal with, but toggle mobile product is very much unique and saves me tons of money as I have several local numbers that people can call me at and incoming calls are free in many countries. I use a dual sim cheap Moto G and one of the sims is Toggle (voice only)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.