Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Standby upgrade can only be purchased on day of travel and at the airport (checkin, lounge, or gate).

Cheers, TK
I would to know about the booking class in Eco that eligible to standby upgrade. Is it including award ticket or G, V, W class?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC.SE
To upgrade from Z to F (Z fare purchased through LX; not sure what the equivalent TG fare basis is) on ZRH-BKK, I was quoted a price of USD $1,500. I declined.

Last edited by ylwae; Jul 5, 2009 at 5:35 pm Reason: clarified fare basis
Old Jul 5, 2009, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wrdpkk
I would to know about the booking class in Eco that eligible to standby upgrade. Is it including award ticket or G, V, W class?
As far as I know, any econ fare class can standby upgrade.

Cheers, TK
Old Jul 8, 2009, 12:39 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Confirm TK's statement, this even include econ award seat, however, please be reminded that "new class" mileage will be credited only if the original class is eligible to earn miles.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
The Cooling summer 2009 thai domestic specials, booked into N class specifically state upgrade not permitted in the fare rules. No upgrade into higher class etc. I have not tried an ODU for these fares but I presume you can't ODU domestic N class.

for nwebth01 fares

changes/cancellations

ticket is non-refundable. changes not permitted.
note -
name change not permitted.
---
open ticket/open date are not allowed.
---
change flight/date not allowed.
---
ticket non refundable.
non reroutable. change to higher fare is not
>
permitted.
>
Old Jul 8, 2009, 10:13 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Standby Upgrade isn't changing to a new fare.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Mile creditation for stand-by upgrade

Just to follow up on my experience (stand-by upgrade from C to F and not getting miles for F initially), I finally got it sorted with BD (Bmi diamond club) after a series of phone calls and e-mails. But it took them more than 2 months to sort this out.

If you are in a similar situation, then I would encourage you to be persistent with them. In my case, thanks to this creditation, the annual requirement for maintaining the Star Alliance Gold status has been fulfilled and therefore I can enjoy the benefit of SAG until March 2011!
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ylwae
To upgrade from Z to F (Z fare purchased through LX; not sure what the equivalent TG fare basis is) on ZRH-BKK, I was quoted a price of USD $1,500. I declined.
Is this right? I was booked on J with LX originally and did an upgrade from BKK to ZRH (the return was operated by TG), I paied TBH 26000 only (which is about 700 USD).
Old Jul 21, 2009, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I agreed with Obokata that ylwae should not have been quoted more than 750 USD for ZRH-BKK....unless there is a special rule about upgrading non-TG ticket as ylwae booked it through LX???

Is anyone aware about having to pay more (or double) when standby upgarding non-TG ticket on TG flight?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Where do I request these upgrades: airport ticket counter, check-in or gate? Also, do they generally represent good value? For example, return C class from BKK-HKG seems more competitive than economy with upgrades on same route. Thanks, SF.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I do suggest that a search on this topic - this will reveal answer to most of your queries. The matter of 'good value' is subjective.

Short answer is you can buy 'standby upgrades' at ticket counter, at checkin, at lounge, at the gate and (reportedly) on board.

Cheers TK
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
do they generally represent good value? For example, return C class from BKK-HKG seems more competitive than economy with upgrades on same route. Thanks, SF.
Hi Scottieflyer. Stand by upgrades are very good value during normal times, these are not normal times, and there is no way the premium market will rebound within the next 12 months. You can buy return class C/J tickets to just about anywhere at the moment, for a fraction of the price that you paid last year. Where upgrades still shine is if you wish to upgrade a long haul cheap discounted J to F, regards bkkrop
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:32 pm

Are standby upgrades still available at NRT for flights to BKK? I am currently booked in C class on an old configuration 747, so I would like to purchase a standby upgrade to get into F for the better seat if possible.

What does a C-F upgrade cost on this route? Any recent experiences?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mike
Old Jul 24, 2009, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Are standby upgrades still available at NRT for flights to BKK? I am currently booked in C class on an old configuration 747, so I would like to purchase a standby upgrade to get into F for the better seat if possible.

What does a C-F upgrade cost on this route? Any recent experiences?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Mike
I'm sure that Standby Upgrade are still available on this route. Cost should be similar to that when I started this thread in 2007 - around USD 400 one way.

Cheers, TK
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Hi Scottieflyer. Stand by upgrades are very good value during normal times, these are not normal times, and there is no way the premium market will rebound within the next 12 months. You can buy return class C/J tickets to just about anywhere at the moment, for a fraction of the price that you paid last year. Where upgrades still shine is if you wish to upgrade a long haul cheap discounted J to F, regards bkkrop
Thx BKKROP, and TK also. I was looking for a general 'feeling' on the issue and this answers my question well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.