Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by view
I guess I must have been lucky then, seems there is no consenus on this mileage earning on upgrades.
When you do a stand by upgrade on TG they don't actually touch your original booking code at all. So if you upgrade from award business to first your booking code will still be I.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:10 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by holtju2
When you do a stand by upgrade on TG they don't actually touch your original booking code at all. So if you upgrade from award business to first your booking code will still be I.
Now I'm confused. Are you saying that although I did the standby upgrade my class is still V and I'll earn no miles?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Now I'm confused. Are you saying that although I did the standby upgrade my class is still V and I'll earn no miles?
Your standby upgrade doesn't change your original booking class at all. How I know this? I did a standby upgrade last week at BKK and inquired what would be my new booking class. My booking class stayed at B.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:27 pm

Your standby upgrade doesn't change your original booking class at all. How I know this? I did a standby upgrade last week at BKK and inquired what would be my new booking class. My booking class stayed at B.
So I should expect no miles whatsoever? I thought there was a posting in this thread or another that said you will get the miles of the new class after doing a standby upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:39 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi yosithezet, I don't wish to get into a, he said, she said discussion, but I have always been given the award for the upgraded class. There are fares now that stipulate, unable to upgrade. Once I did have trouble getting the awards through one port and it transpired that they were not filling out the correct form. I do buy all my TG tickets through TG, often bypassing lower prices to get the awards I want and I upgrade with them directly. You would have bought from the TG service desk at MEL airport, I would be suprised if there is a problem, let's check back in 14 days, regards bkkrop
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:53 pm

Programs: ROP G, QR G
The miles accrual is not clear after a standby upgrade, I remember a poster on a different forum who claimed he was getting the miles for the upgraded class (but than he also claimed he was getting automatic complimentary upgrade from Y to J with TG... than just buying a standby ugrade to F he was getting full F mileage...) I recall having bought personnally 2 standby upgrade from J to F and never got the F mileage . On a a side note earlier this week showed up for a BKK_CDG flight apparently overbooked in J and got an OP upgrade to F. Sweet, at least it compensates the economic downturn that tells me to avoid F fares this year.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
So I should expect no miles whatsoever? I thought there was a posting in this thread or another that said you will get the miles of the new class after doing a standby upgrade.
You shouldn't be expecting to get the miles based on your stand by upgrade because Thai doesn't touch your original booking class at all.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
I specifically recall one or more posters saying they were told by the TG staff that it will book into the new upgraded class on standby upgrades, not in the original class. So evidently TG's stance varies depending on who you talk to. I wouldn't want to bet on getting the extra miles, but if I was told specifically that it booked into the upgraded class, I'd pursue getting my miles if crediting to ROP. If crediting to another FFP though it might be more difficult to push the issue.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
You shouldn't be expecting to get the miles based on your stand by upgrade because Thai doesn't touch your original booking class at all.
I have made about 5 standby upgrades to regional destinations ex-BKK and ex-HKG (ie between BKK and HKG/PNH/SIN/HAN or vv) and have received mileage for the upgraded class of travel in all cases. I think 4 of the 5 cases requited a follow-up with THAI. The booking class was usually Q, but at least 1 was W.

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:33 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I checked with both Paris and BKK offices, and both gave me exactly the same information.

You will get mileage credit based on the STANDBY upgraded class "only if" your original booking class is eligible for 100% mileage earning.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I have made about 5 standby upgrades to regional destinations ex-BKK and ex-HKG (ie between BKK and HKG/PNH/SIN/HAN or vv) and have received mileage for the upgraded class of travel in all cases. I think 4 of the 5 cases requited a follow-up with THAI. The booking class was usually Q, but at least 1 was W.
It might be the case that Thai is more flexible on this if your credit to their program.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Cheers, TK
Originally Posted by kiam
I checked with both Paris and BKK offices, and both gave me exactly the same information.

You will get mileage credit based on the STANDBY upgraded class "only if" your original booking class is eligible for 100% mileage earning.
It might be the case that Thai is more flexible on this if your credit to their program.
Or maybe TK got miles for the upgraded class back when V/W were still earning classes (50%). They only changed that in the middle of last year if I recall correctly.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Anyone know what is the rate to upgrade BKK-LAX vv?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: TG Gold
I did a paid standby upgrade from V/W to U and got U-miles and that was in August.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:19 am

Has anyone been successful in processing a standby upgrade at DEL?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.