Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Originally Posted by Ed Size
When was that?
10SEP TG921. $745, which they converted to EUR 549.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: TG*G, SQ*G, PAL Premier Elite
Upgrade to J

Hi,
I was looking at the upgrade costs to Madrid from BKK but when I checked with my travel agent in PVG I found that for 50 euro more ( than the upgrade supplement BKK-MAD) I could upgrade one way to J ex PVG BKK MAD. Return sector is in Q, Total cost about 1600 euro. I took this fare as I have much baggage to take to Europe but nothing coming back.
Cheers!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:14 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by LH747FTL
10SEP TG921. $745, which they converted to EUR 549.
Thanks for that information
Old Sep 25, 2007, 9:12 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
TK, thanks! A wealth of information here! ^
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by Magnus
BKK-CPH Y to U, THB 26000
"BKK - FRA or MUC Y to C or C to F is 26000 THB"

Does it not look strange that they charge the same for an upgrade BKK-CPH Y to U as BKK-FRA Y to C ?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:08 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
A friend tried to get a standby upgrade tonight BOM-BKK. They wanted $345. Sadly the flight was scrubbed due to mechanical.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by yosithezet
A friend tried to get a standby upgrade tonight BOM-BKK. They wanted $345. Sadly the flight was scrubbed due to mechanical.
They cancelled the flight??? Wow!!

You mean TG had no substitute aircraft at BKK???

I'm planning to fly BOM-BKK soon, but need reliable carriers! I would think that TG at their home base would be able to do a substitution!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
They cancelled the flight??? Wow!!

You mean TG had no substitute aircraft at BKK???

I'm planning to fly BOM-BKK soon, but need reliable carriers! I would think that TG at their home base would be able to do a substitution!
My mistake it was BLR-BKK, but in any event what does having subs at BKK have to do with it. BLR-BKK would be from Bangalore to Bangkok. The plane arrived in BLR and after 2 hours of delay they finally cxlled the flight.

Airport Hour FLIGHT INFORMATION
Hindustan (BLR), Bangalore, India 02:30 ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE
Hindustan (BLR), Bangalore, India - RCRAFT DEFECTS
Hindustan (BLR), Bangalore, India 10:30 NEXT INFO WILL BE AT
Hindustan (BLR), Bangalore, India - RCRAFT DEFECTS
Anyway the price has risen from $320 to $345 for the standby upgrade. They said the couldn't process it at the gate as the check-in counter had already closed.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
My mistake it was BLR-BKK, but in any event what does having subs at BKK have to do with it. BLR-BKK would be from Bangalore to Bangkok. The plane arrived in BLR and after 2 hours of delay they finally cxlled the flight.

Anyway the price has risen from $320 to $345 for the standby upgrade. They said the couldn't process it at the gate as the check-in counter had already closed.
Yes, my mistake - the mechanical could have occurred at BOM/BLR...

However, I'm interested to find out if the standby upgrade could be processed at BOM as well...
Old Nov 6, 2008, 3:55 am

*DELETE*

Last edited by yosithezet; Nov 6, 2008 at 7:26 am
Old Nov 6, 2008, 4:32 am

I think that it is effectively what you would pay if you bought a biz ticket onward from BKK, and divided your biz (discounted) ticket per sector...but you would then have to consider the price for your base Y fare as well, so they (TG) would be making out better in this way...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:31 am

BKK-LHR standby upgrade?

Anyone done a recent standby upgrade BKK-LHR? Just wondering if the US$870/26,000 THB price is still valid from BKK (Which price is it really from BKK, USD or THB? Makes a bit of difference given the recent USD appreciation). Would be best if it was a price from the BKK airport side, not an overseas office.

Also, how much earlier before the flight can and should I rock up to the counter and ask if there are standby upgrades available for purchase? Intend to be on a connecting flight from SIN, so can either come in a couple of days beforehand and do a stopover, take an earlier flight up on the day itself, or take a flight which arrives 2 hours before the BKK-LHR flight.

Cheers.

Last edited by jn82; Nov 7, 2008 at 4:42 am
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Prices have gone up.

My sister was quoted by THAI in AKL for BKK-LHR at USD 960. She declined, but did do AKL-BKK for USD 870.

The THAI upgrade list that I have seen at the THAI ticket office had core prices in USD and THB equivalents. Payment is in THB in Thailand, USD converted to local currency elsewhere. You can buy airside at the Silk/First Lounge or at the transfer counters.

The earlier the better to try and snare a seat, and allow you use of the appropriate lounge - I'd usually turn up 3-4 hours prior, but that's just me!

Your option to visit a day or to before, a say 3-4 hours before, are probably the best bets as you'll have more time to arrive early.

Note that the biz cabin BKK-LHR on the overnight flight (TG910) can be quite full, whereas the noon departure (TG916) is often less full. Similar for First Class.

Cheers, TK
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Prices have gone up.

My sister was quoted by THAI in AKL for BKK-LHR at USD 960.
Damn that is expensive, was planning on trying LHR-BKK but at that price I'll pass too!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Tell me about it! NZD to USD has dropped from $1NZ = $0.78US down to $0.57US.

Mind you, Aussie has dollar has also plummeted - so the pain is shared.

Wifey is very unhappy that we ony get 19 THB for 1 NZD, down from 25-26 THB, especially as she is going 'home' soon.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.