Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Anyone know what is the rate to upgrade BKK-LAX vv?
I'm interested in upgrading LAX-BKK too - I found this on the Thai site:

Y-U - $250
U-J - $1400
Y-J - $1650

Link: http://www.thaiair.com/Homepage/Worl...dupgrade.shtml
Old Apr 29, 2009, 12:28 pm

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Upgrade from C to F

I have just flown from BKK to ZRH, and paid 26000THB to be upgraded to F from C. Good value for money, I reckon.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Obokata
Good value for money, I reckon.
I agree.

The key Q is: Did you get BD miles for F class? Pls report back when points have hit your account.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
I have just flown from BKK to ZRH, and paid 26000THB to be upgraded to F from C. Good value for money, I reckon.
It's not bad, but it does work out expensive for a First ticket when you factor in the return, unless you are buying a cheapJ in the first place. With so many discounted First class tickets out there, it's a buyer's market at the moment. Well worth your time to shop around, if you have the time, regards bkkrop
Old Apr 30, 2009, 3:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, Eurobonus, SPG
Hi

I paid for an upgrade (Q to C) on 11th April from LHR to BKK. Think i paid 940 USD.

Did not get miles for the upgraded posted to my BMI account. Only the original bookingclass.

NoN
Old May 2, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Upgrade from C to F

I originally purchased J class tickets (flew on LX from ZRH to BKK and codeshare TG flight back), so it was a lot cheaper than buying first or full fare business on Thai. I would still say it was good value for money.

In relaiton to miles, I actually did not get triple miles on the BKK-ZRH (for BD, you get x2 when you fly business and x3 for first). I have sent my boarding pass to the bmi Diamond Club asking them to credit extra miles as I paid for this upgrade. The same thing happened last year and they did give me extra miles, so I am hoping this would happen again.

Interestingly, I also did paid upgrade from Y to C from Phuket and Bangkok (1500 THB), and double miles were credited for this leg.
Old May 2, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
I originally purchased J class tickets (flew on LX from ZRH to BKK and codeshare TG flight back), so it was a lot cheaper than buying first or full fare business on Thai. I would still say it was good value for money.

In relaiton to miles, I actually did not get triple miles on the BKK-ZRH (for BD, you get x2 when you fly business and x3 for first). I have sent my boarding pass to the bmi Diamond Club asking them to credit extra miles as I paid for this upgrade. The same thing happened last year and they did give me extra miles, so I am hoping this would happen again.

Interestingly, I also did paid upgrade from Y to C from Phuket and Bangkok (1500 THB), and double miles were credited for this leg.
Sounds GREAT! Did you request the upgrade in advance or upon Check in?
Old May 2, 2009, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Standby upgrade can only be purchased on day of travel and at the airport (checkin, lounge, or gate).

Cheers, TK
Old May 2, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Standby upgrade can only be purchased on day of travel and at the airport (checkin, lounge, or gate).

Cheers, TK
Thanks TK!
Good Tip.
First class has been MT these days, I shall give it a go: Purchace a dicount J and pay for the upgrade.

TKS!
Old May 9, 2009, 12:01 am

I upgraded ICN-TPE for KRW 100,000 (USD 75ish) from an M ticket last weekend... they had the information posted right in the check-in line... it was slightly higher for lower fare classes, as well as flights straight through to BKK. J miles posted.

I wonder if miles post depending on how the agent rebooks you in their own system (ie, if they pull a seat from J, or just do something else to upgrade you).

Flying from TPE-ICN I also enquired but the staff said they had never heard anything about this and had a bunch of questions about the program ex-ICN (so I don't think they were just trying to get me to fob off). Surprising they don't seem to run the program ex-TPE.
Old May 10, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I was on SIN-BKK-ZRH on a cheapo J fare. Indicated at check-in in SIN that I would like to upgrade to F in BKK and would like to have a booking for the full-body massage.

TG staff was waiting for me upon arrival in BKK to pick me up and drive me to the ticketing desk. Paid my upfare (26.000 THB) and was then brought to the Spa where they had arranged for my massage. The 346 to ZRH was a 2008 aircraft - no wear & tear, impeccable interior.

^^^
Old May 30, 2009, 2:41 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I wonder if miles post depending on how the agent rebooks you in their own system (ie, if they pull a seat from J, or just do something else to upgrade you).
Paid upgrade from original "eligible-to-earn-miles" booking class will give you the mileage in the new (upgraded) class. So for your case, paid upgrade from M to Biz no doubt earns miles in Biz class.
Old May 31, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by kiam
Paid upgrade from original "eligible-to-earn-miles" booking class will give you the mileage in the new (upgraded) class. So for your case, paid upgrade from M to Biz no doubt earns miles in Biz class.
I guess that it depends on wich FF program you are posting your miles to. I know that on SAS Eurobonus you will only be given points according to the original class of travel!

BFN
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:54 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
I did a standby upgrade (economy to biz) last week from SIN-BKK and then BKK -SIN.

SIN - BKK - S$ 305
BKK - SIN - THB 6,600

Got biz class miles credited to my Krisflyer account today.

J
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by jamiegutz
I did a standby upgrade (economy to biz) last week from SIN-BKK and then BKK -SIN.

SIN - BKK - S$ 305
BKK - SIN - THB 6,600

Got biz class miles credited to my Krisflyer account today.

J

Why didn't you book Business Class in the first place? The price for the return-ticket is about 750 SGD. Seats are guaranteed, you don't have the hassle of upgrading at the airport and the miles are included as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.