Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:11 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BKKROP
Hi charged AU$776.00 this week MEL-BKK, could be the little Aussie dollar and the NZ dollar which are will surely hit parity with the US$ by Christmas, are starting to show results, regards bkkrop
You seem to do On Departure Upgrades regularly, do the miles always post as Y or are you ever getting J miles lately
Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Hi dazz81, yes I do get the 125% everytime, but I will not leave the service desk until I am sure they have ticked the right boxes. It's a game, if economy is overbooked and business is empty, I will buy economy. Most times I come unstuck and have to buy an upgrade regards bkkrop
Old Oct 17, 2009, 12:33 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Hi dazz81, yes I do get the 125% everytime, but I will not leave the service desk until I am sure they have ticked the right boxes. It's a game, if economy is overbooked and business is empty, I will buy economy. Most times I come unstuck and have to buy an upgrade regards bkkrop
So the service desk agent tells you that you will be credited J miles then?? Thats good to know..... ta
Old Oct 17, 2009, 1:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Can you explain how you get that box to be ticked? I'll be doing BKK-MEL tomorrow morning and am considering a standby upgrade on my V-class ticket. Can credit to TG but also can credit to BD.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 9:29 am

Any one tried recently to purchase last minute standby upgrade with a non TG (#217) ticket booked on a TG operated flight?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 2:05 pm

Hi yosithezet, where are you?, I leave for CGK today spent a quick night @ the Hyatt, are you @ Conrad? this place is busy. I don't think they will credit miles on V<W's but at the BKK airport, enter the business check in area go to the end and turn sharp right, so behind the C check in iss the service area, pick a # and if try your luck. In the past I have been able to do it and get miles but it truely depends on how much the girl knows, The seats good I sleep every time on the 772. MEL is on DST and it's 4 hours ahead and the weather is looking good around 27. tell them you want your rop# to appear on the boarding pass, if that happens they have pressed most of the right buttons.
If you are on AU$ it's about 770 US will be a little less, have a good flight , must catch up, regards bkkrop
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:04 am

Anyone know the price of HKG-TPE?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, SQ*G, Marriott Plat
Flew on overbooked FRA-BKK flight on 10 October and asked about standby Y-C upgrade. Was quoted $1200 (!) by the GA and politely refused. Not sure if this is the new "list" price (the old one was around $700 if I remember correctly) or if I was just unlucky.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by dcmesser
Flew on overbooked FRA-BKK flight on 10 October and asked about standby Y-C upgrade. Was quoted $1200 (!) by the GA and politely refused. Not sure if this is the new "list" price (the old one was around $700 if I remember correctly) or if I was just unlucky.
2 days ago I was quoted 27.000 THB for to upgrade BKK-FRA Business to first.
Even from I class them upgrade for the same price ! *** And book you into F *** and you get miles in your FFP
that are around 550 Euro or 800 USD
In the end of last year it was 24.000 THB, but also the SB upgr. for local flights like BKK-HKT got more expensive last month them charged 1500 THB for econ to buis., which still was 1200 THB some month ago, and 900 2y. ago.
with this price it is not longer worth to upgr. from econ. ! Because the deep discounted econ fares W/V class you can not upgrade and the higher priced econ like H/B/Y are more expens. if you add 1500 THB , than you book the J special in the front.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 4:39 am

HKG-TPE from Y-C is $140 USD.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 4:31 pm

Programs: ROP GOLD, QFF GOLD
Standby Upgrade BKK to FCO - Current cost?

Originally Posted by bertheike
2 days ago I was quoted 27.000 THB for to upgrade BKK-FRA Business to first.
Even from I class them upgrade for the same price ! *** And book you into F *** and you get miles in your FFP
that are around 550 Euro or 800 USD
Can someone confirm that 27,000 THB would be the price to upgrade from Business to First on BKK to FCO (I'm assuming that it's more or less the same as BKK to FRA)?

Also, am I correct in assuming that if I use my renewing Gold 'Complimentary Upgrade' I could purchase, say, a Q Economy fare, use the Complimentary Upgrade to Business and then, if it's available at BKK when I arrive, I could pay for the Standby Upgrade from Business to First?

If I've correctly understood previous posts in this thread, some pax have managed to have F points awarded to their Thai FF accounts when they buy the Standby Upgrade, or am I missing/misunderstanding something?

Cheers
Old Nov 16, 2009, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Can you buy a standby upgrade from Y to J on a *A award?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr
Can you buy a standby upgrade from Y to J on a *A award?
No,lallyr, you can't, regards bkkrop
Old Nov 17, 2009, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It actually depends..if your *A award ticket is issued by TG, then for sure, you CAN pay for standby upgrade on TG coded and operated flights shown on your ticket (assuming the segments are eligible - check the 1st post of this thread for current qualifying segments, most flights are eligible anyway).

For *A Award issued by other *A carriers, but a particular flight is on TG (coded and operated), I would give it a try at the airport anyway. You never know.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Thanks... Will give it a shot and update here later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.