Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: ROP *G, BAEC Gold, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Mmm...I wasn't aware that all W fares are mileage earning during June/July. Is this at 100% mileage accrual and is it possible to GUP these too? Thanks.
You will need at least Q fares to GUP.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NoY
Mmm...I wasn't aware that all W fares are mileage earning during June/July. Is this at 100% mileage accrual and is it possible to GUP these too? Thanks.
No, accrual is a measly 25%. Can't wait for my PNH-BKK to get 80 miles.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 10:00 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by kinchai
You will need at least Q fares to GUP.
I have both GUPed and Standyby Upgraded V class fares in the past year. What I was not able to do last year was use my Gold Certificate upgrade.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have both GUPed and Standyby Upgraded V class fares in the past year. What I was not able to do last year was use my Gold Certificate upgrade.
Very interesting, maybe you got lucky

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...old-status.htm

"Gold: Status & Benefits

This top tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles earned during 3 evaluation periods.
50,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year, or 50,000 Qualifying Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment, a calendar year defined as January 1 to December 31 of any given year.
80,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year. 40 international flown sectors on THAI within any 1 calendar year.*
On attaining Gold status you will receive your personalised Gold membership card and 2 luggage tags, plus 5,000 threshold bonus miles.
*Excluding G, V, W class"
Old Jun 27, 2010, 3:53 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by kinchai
Very interesting, maybe you got lucky

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...old-status.htm

"Gold: Status & Benefits

This top tier status is attained with Qualifying Miles earned during 3 evaluation periods.
50,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year, or 50,000 Qualifying Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment, a calendar year defined as January 1 to December 31 of any given year.
80,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year. 40 international flown sectors on THAI within any 1 calendar year.*
On attaining Gold status you will receive your personalised Gold membership card and 2 luggage tags, plus 5,000 threshold bonus miles.
*Excluding G, V, W class"
What does this have to do with using your upgrade or paying for an upgrade from these classes? What you point out is that you can't EARN on these classes. Am I missing something?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
What does this have to do with using your upgrade or paying for an upgrade from these classes? What you point out is that you can't EARN on these classes. Am I missing something?
My point was that V class is not eligable for GUP. Mileage earning is a diff story of cos.

Happy flying ^
Old Jul 5, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
sb upgrade also for INF

last time we where booked on a "H" class from Phuket to Bangkok and I wanted to upgrade us to business ( as it was a 744 flight, which could seat in F section ). Salesagent told us also the INF has to pay 1500 THB even not have a seat !?! I said never heard about this, bevore I even only paid 50 % for children. Him asked supervisor and them insisted we only get the upgrade by paying 3*1500, so also for an INF. I said then I would like to upgrade only us, and buy a complete new ticket for the INF ( less than 500 THB ). Them answered that needs to long in time to cancel/issue new and upgrade ! I thank you and flew in eco.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:49 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by bertheike
last time we where booked on a "H" class from Phuket to Bangkok and I wanted to upgrade us to business ( as it was a 744 flight, which could seat in F section ). Salesagent told us also the INF has to pay 1500 THB even not have a seat !?! I said never heard about this, bevore I even only paid 50 % for children. Him asked supervisor and them insisted we only get the upgrade by paying 3*1500, so also for an INF. I said then I would like to upgrade only us, and buy a complete new ticket for the INF ( less than 500 THB ). Them answered that needs to long in time to cancel/issue new and upgrade ! I thank you and flew in eco.
Every cloud has its silver lining. The money you saved by not spending it on a dubious upgrade for a crummy 1.5 hour flight was probably enough to get a babysitter for the infant and treat your wife to a nice meal in BKK.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by jiejie
Every cloud has its silver lining. The money you saved by not spending it on a dubious upgrade for a crummy 1.5 hour flight was probably enough to get a babysitter for the infant and treat your wife to a nice meal in BKK.
And buying an upgrade with no hope of alcohol just doesn't seem right anyway!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: BA BD SA
I am flying JNB/BKK/PVG. F is not available for JNB/BKK but I would like to upgrade BKK/PVG. Would TG be able to process an upgrade at JNB? If not, what procedure do I follow at BKK without going landside?

(The last time I flew KBV/BKK/JNB they were able to process the upgrade at KBV. But that was obviously only a few hours before the JNB flight.)
Old Aug 13, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan E, Asiamiles, Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I am flying JNB/BKK/PVG. F is not available for JNB/BKK but I would like to upgrade BKK/PVG. Would TG be able to process an upgrade at JNB? If not, what procedure do I follow at BKK without going landside?

(The last time I flew KBV/BKK/JNB they were able to process the upgrade at KBV. But that was obviously only a few hours before the JNB flight.)
Forget about it. TG has no staff in JNB and can't take payments of any kind at the airport. It's just SA staff... Unless something has changed in the last few months.

Just go to the transfer desk or the lounge in BKK (?they can do LMUs from the lounge right?)
Old Aug 13, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I am flying JNB/BKK/PVG. F is not available for JNB/BKK but I would like to upgrade BKK/PVG. Would TG be able to process an upgrade at JNB? If not, what procedure do I follow at BKK without going landside.
Even if TG staff were available in JNB it would be too early to confirm the standby upgrade. As aaleem said, the transfer desk or more comfortable yet any TG lounge are the place to go. From my experience, visit the lounge, tell them your needs and they will take care. Sometimes someone will head to the ticket office to get the new BP, sometimes they do it right on the spot.

F.R.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Does anyone know if the BKK-NRT price is the same as the NRT-BKK price? (i.e. 47,000 THB).

I have this flight booked for 30/08 and now that first class opened up US won't let me change my girlfriends ticket from C to F (on an overall F award) because she has already flown the first few flights. I am going to keep trying but in the event they don't change it I imagine the cheapest way to get her into F is to pay for a standby upgrade.

Are upgrades available for purchase at NRT airport or only from BKK? How much will it cost? Any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
[QUOTE=pogonation;

Are upgrades available for purchase at NRT airport or only from BKK? How much will it cost? Any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Should be the same price, other routes I use, the upgrades are the same at either end, only difference being the exchange rate movements. When you checkin at NRT, is the time to ask for the upgrade. The 11am flight is a 747 and the 4.55pm flight is the 773 with the suites
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Thanks for the assistance aaleem & flyin´ruddl. ^

Originally Posted by aaleem
Forget about it. TG has no staff in JNB and can't take payments of any kind at the airport. It's just SA staff... Unless something has changed in the last few months.
They took payment (via the SAA ticket desk) for an upgrade on the JNB/BKK route when they still flew F in January last year. There was a TG staff member as the duty officer at check-in and I was told to ask for him in order to arrange the upgrade.

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Even if TG staff were available in JNB it would be too early to confirm the standby upgrade.
Just out of curiosty when is the earliest this can be done? (When I flew KBV/BKK/JNB they upgraded the JNB leg at KBV and that was about 5 hours before the flight. I guess 20 hours might be pushing it too far even on connecting flights! )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.