Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Listing of standby upgrades prices for THAI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Senoir flyer
Just a quick update:

When I checked-in for my BD reward I-class, I inquired about a paid upg to F. It was processed without any question and I even got F miles for it.

But note: this just happened a day ago and I have no idea what will happen after the 1-Jul changes.

Cheers
F-miles on an(other airline's) award ticket?
Most probably a mistake which happens/ed....lucky winner!
But this will definitely be gone with Thai by 1.July ....
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:16 am

meanwhile some of the new stand-by upgrade charges have been made known:
From Paris, Frankfurt, Munich and Moscow its € 654 OW, while LHR-BKK ist GPB 617 and from ZRH to BKK ist CHF 786 from Y (excluding V and W-class) to C-compartment (as per 1.July 2012),
In fact its a bit cheaper then before when they were collecting USD 925.
From BKK to central European destinations (FRA/MUC/CDG/ZRH) they will then charge THB 25,670.

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Jun 20, 2012 at 4:32 am
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
Just as a side note - I inquired with TG here in Australia today about pricing for paid upgrades on award tickets and was told that as of July 1 this will no longer be permitted.

I was looking forward to buying up from a J to F on BKK-LHR next week. At around $1200AUD it was going to be my first F flight with TG. Unfortunately it appears its no longer allowed.

Might still ask at the F lounge in BKK - you never know it is TG and the message might not have gotten to everybody!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Airbumps
Just as a side note - I inquired with TG here in Australia today about pricing for paid upgrades on award tickets and was told that as of July 1 this will no longer be permitted................."(un)quote".....
Might still ask at the F lounge in BKK - you never know it is TG and the message might not have gotten to everybody!
I wish you good luck but I doubt it will work out.
This topic has been made public one month ago (review note in this threat by Dazz81 on 29.May)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:56 pm

When will you be travelling?

Can you post the result?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold
RGN - BKK (O/W) - $80 USD from Y to C

RGN - BKK - FCO (O/W) - 29,000 baht from C to F (well I guess from BKK to FCO only)
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Just as a side note - I inquired with TG here in Australia today about pricing for paid upgrades on award tickets and was told that as of July 1 this will no longer be permitted.

I was looking forward to buying up from a J to F on BKK-LHR next week. At around $1200AUD it was going to be my first F flight with TG. Unfortunately it appears its no longer allowed.

A great many of the 'old school" of frequent flyers were told that paid upgrades were not allowed on award flights, and as you keep travelling you never recheck. I was staggered when told on this board, they were allowed. I then phoned Thai and the ROP girl confirmed they were not allowed. When picking up some tickets later I asked someone else I knew and he said that they did. Now that's it's July 1st, it will not bother me, because I never used it, but for those that did, it is a sad day
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:53 pm

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
Originally Posted by Clipper801
When will you be travelling?

Can you post the result?
Middle of the month - I'll ask and see how I go.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Just paid 2,000 AED to upgrade Y--->C from DXB to BKK. Original ticket is a Star Alliance award ticket using UA MP miles.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Jul 13, 2012 at 8:57 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
FRA BKK C-->F for 650 EUR

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
meanwhile some of the new stand-by upgrade charges have been made known:
From Paris, Frankfurt, Munich and Moscow its € 654 OW, while LHR-BKK ist GPB 617 and from ZRH to BKK ist CHF 786 from Y (excluding V and W-class) to C-compartment (as per 1.July 2012),
In fact its a bit cheaper then before when they were collecting USD 925.
From BKK to central European destinations (FRA/MUC/CDG/ZRH) they will then charge THB 25,670.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I'm not sure I understand what's going on with standby upgrades now. Upthread, there was some discussion about standby upgrades no longer being sold from July 1, 2012. What's the deal now?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I'm not sure I understand what's going on with standby upgrades now. Upthread, there was some discussion about standby upgrades no longer being sold from July 1, 2012. What's the deal now?
That was the discussion, wasn't it? That's the reason I posted my success on 13 July with upgrading an award flight DXB-BKK. Apparently, at least out of DXB, you can still upgrade.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
My understanding - it's still being sold but those travelling on reward tickets will no longer be eligible to buy it. For those on revenue tickets, only certain booking classes qualify.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I checked in today at NRT at Thai's business class counter and I asked about upgrades to business class and the woman pointed out a little sign on the counter. It said that upgrade to business is ¥40,000 and the fine print said that only certain fare classes were eligible and award tix were not. I remember V and W mentioned, but I don't remember they were the only ones that can be upgraded or ones that cannot. I passed since it would be $500USD on a A333, granted it was the updated one, but that's basically $100/hour extra to sit in that seat.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by NW-A332
I checked in today at NRT at Thai's business class counter and I asked about upgrades to business class and the woman pointed out a little sign on the counter. It said that upgrade to business is ¥40,000 and the fine print said that only certain fare classes were eligible and award tix were not. I remember V and W mentioned, but I don't remember they were the only ones that can be upgraded or ones that cannot. I passed since it would be $500USD on a A333, granted it was the updated one, but that's basically $100/hour extra to sit in that seat.
Thank you and appears to confirm notice posted at TG's Australian web site:

"Conditions: Upgrade surcharges cannot be pre-booked and are only available for sale at the airport check-in counter before each flight sector. Upgrade surcharges are applicable to normal fare types booked in Economy Class 'Q' and above and for travel on THAI operated aircraft only with three digit flight numbers. Upgrade surcharges do not apply to revenue tickets booked in 'V' or 'W' class both internationally or domestically, industry or agent discount tickets, frequent flyer redemption tickets and barter tickets. Child or infant discounts do not apply. Any additional taxes incurred with the upgrade are at the expense of the passenger. Frequent flyer mileage earned will be based on the original fare paid."

Source: http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_s...0Offers&id=336

Last edited by Clipper801; Jul 30, 2012 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.