Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
i have a flight in F in July 13. Hope CDG have the A380 by then
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CC Concierge, A3*G
Originally Posted by LondonMiles
Same concern for me. As they have completely removed it from the Winter 12/13 schedule, I think we will have to wait for the Summer 2013 schedule before we know what date the A380 will be serving that route from.

Is BKK-CDG meant to be the the third or the fourth A380?
The third, it seems: http://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-s-airbu...-sydney-london

"From December 15 the A380 will strut its stuff on the first long-haul route with daily flights between Bangkok and Frankfurt (TG920/921), with the Singapore and Hong Kong services going back to smaller aircraft.

As of January 16, 2013, Tokyo's Narita airport will be added to the daily list (TG676/677), with Paris-Charles de Gaulle following from February 16 (TG930/931)."
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Peppep
The third, it seems: http://www.ausbt.com.au/thai-s-airbu...-sydney-london

"From December 15 the A380 will strut its stuff on the first long-haul route with daily flights between Bangkok and Frankfurt (TG920/921), with the Singapore and Hong Kong services going back to smaller aircraft.

As of January 16, 2013, Tokyo's Narita airport will be added to the daily list (TG676/677), with Paris-Charles de Gaulle following from February 16 (TG930/931)."
This article is two months old. Some info has been updated in airlinerroute.net as mentioned above. But it is only a "forecast" and reality could be quite different. Remember that a daily A380 to CDG requires two aircrafts, as was done with the 77W that continued to NRT.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Right, back on topic

Now the TG 380 has flown for a while, what is the F cabin experience on "traffic"?

In the 744 cabin 1A was the best, no one would be there unless someone needed something from the storage.

On the TG 380 this seems less so, there is a lavatory 1A.

The question; what is in front of 1A and 1K? (I assume lavatory and common area). and what is behind 3A and 3K?

Thanks,
Globalist
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Globalist
Right, back on topic

Now the TG 380 has flown for a while, what is the F cabin experience on "traffic"?

In the 744 cabin 1A was the best, no one would be there unless someone needed something from the storage.

On the TG 380 this seems less so, there is a lavatory 1A.

The question; what is in front of 1A and 1K? (I assume lavatory and common area). and what is behind 3A and 3K?

Thanks,
Globalist
I'll let you know tomorrow.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:14 am

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Updated on THAI First A380

Lavatory is in front of 1A. F lounge is in front of 1K. Galley is behind 3A and 3K then biz class behind that. Just flew it on the 19th. Great hard product.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 6:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goosh
Lavatory is in front of 1A. F lounge is in front of 1K. Galley is behind 3A and 3K then biz class behind that. Just flew it on the 19th. Great hard product.
Thanks Goosh, I am looking forward to it. Am booked on the 16th December departure from Frankfurt in F.

Globalist
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goosh
Thanks. We're in 1E/F for TG 600 to HKG tomorrow at 8AM. The time is not the best for enjoying the lounge/massage, but we'll make do.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by LondonMiles
Same concern for me. As they have completely removed it from the Winter 12/13 schedule, I think we will have to wait for the Summer 2013 schedule before we know what date the A380 will be serving that route from.

Is BKK-CDG meant to be the the third or the fourth A380?
I think its their No 4 aircraft, as they need two planes for the FRA-route and with the arrival of the third they will start their flights to Tokyo in January.
Just wonder how/where TG will use the fourth aircraft during low season in European summer.....?
Old Nov 22, 2012, 5:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thanks. We're in 1E/F for TG 600 to HKG tomorrow at 8AM. The time is not the best for enjoying the lounge/massage, but we'll make do.
How was your flight?

Globalist
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
I think its their No 4 aircraft, as they need two planes for the FRA-route and with the arrival of the third they will start their flights to Tokyo in January.
Just wonder how/where TG will use the fourth aircraft during low season in European summer.....?
Makes sense, but won't the fourth A380 just stay on the CDG-BKK route in the Summer? I thought the route was usually run by two 777's. Although looking on airlineroute.net I see that at some points last Summer the second 777 was cancelled. Hmm...I guess that makes it unlikely the A380 will run throughout the Summer.

TG are certainly tinkering with the CDG route. More changes today with a reduction in CDG-BKK flights in February (albeit only decreasing by 1 flight per week):
http://airlineroute.net/2012/11/23/tg-cdg-feb13update2/
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:52 pm

Hello everyone i know I ask this question a month ago but do you think TG will have internet on their A380 by the time they do the first long hall to FRA? Not sure why it is taking so long to get approval
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by rsydney
Hello everyone i know I ask this question a month ago but do you think TG will have internet on their A380 by the time they do the first long hall to FRA? Not sure why it is taking so long to get approval
No one have offered the officials any money yet. That's why it's taking so long...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globalist
How was your flight?

Globalist
Thankfully it was a short hop to HKG as my seat, 1F, did not recline and the cabin was full. We were given a bottle of Dom to take home for that.

Also they could not make a latte that was hot while Americano was quite good. I'm guessing the steamed milk was anything but steamed....

Nice cabin, nothing great. The forward bathroom, in front of A1, is quite spacious and more interesting than the one behind 3K.

The crew was very nice.

We have a flight back today and the cabin is showing 4/12. This will hopefully be a better flight with quicker service.... and a working seat!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Thankfully it was a short hop to HKG as my seat, 1F, did not recline and the cabin was full. We were given a bottle of Dom to take home for that.

Also they could not make a latte that was hot while Americano was quite good. I'm guessing the steamed milk was anything but steamed....

Nice cabin, nothing great. The forward bathroom, in front of A1, is quite spacious and more interesting than the one behind 3K.

The crew was very nice.

We have a flight back today and the cabin is showing 4/12. This will hopefully be a better flight with quicker service.... and a working seat!
A bottle of Dom to take home is always nice, pity the service was not up to scratch, we know it is the lick of the draw a bit. Non working seats are bad, especially as that could have been adressed overnight at BKK.

You said there is a bathroom behind 3K, I am in 3K from FRA to BKK. As 3A is free too so might ask to change. No bathroom behind that one?

Have a great flight back, let us know how it was?

Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.