Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cmdsea
I am 6ft 5" and just flew the A380 BKK-SIN. The seat was fine for sitting and relaxing/eating. Out of curiosity i tried it as a bed. Because of my height I needed to sleep on my side as an "S". The bed was very narrow and felt like I was on a ledge and either my knees or my bum were hanging out into the aisle (i was in 14B). Not good. I much preferred the A340-600 seat on my incoming flight LHR-BKK... In other news I loved watching the night landing at SIN on the tail mounted camera though..
Yes, the tail camera is nice!!!

I was on economy, but when I passed through the biz class section, I feel it is rather cramp....
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by lingua101
Yes, the tail camera is nice!!!

I was on economy, but when I passed through the biz class section, I feel it is rather cramp....
And you're after compensation to sit in the C cabin after the seating issue?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
And you're after compensation to sit in the C cabin after the seating issue?

Cheers,

I am talking on the reference of other business class seat not compare to economy. Of course, it is much better compare to economy....

you can see that SQ biz class gives more room compare to Thai. This is what I am talking.... please keep it to the context

http://www.yourholidays.com.au/wp-co...siness-bed.jpg
Old Oct 15, 2012, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
I am talking on the reference of other business class seat not compare to economy. Of course, it is much better compare to economy....

you can see that SQ biz class gives more room compare to Thai. This is what I am talking.... please keep it to the context

http://www.yourholidays.com.au/wp-co...siness-bed.jpg
Well, it was clearly open to interpretation, given your flight in TG Y, then walking through C.

And, thanks for the SQ pic, I have travelled on the A380 C a number of times, this pic is not a true representation, as the seat just goes and goes... Not quite correct, it's a marketing snap. I actually like SQ C on the A380, but many do not as the seat is so wide and not very comfortable for sitting, in general.

The TG staggered seating is now becoming rather common with EK, EY, ANA, OZ and JL to name a few... I quite like the staggered effect, we better get use to it, it seems a popular choice for airlines.

Cheers,

Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:46 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
For that photo to be realistic, that woman would have to be less than 150 cm tall...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar
For that photo to be realistic, that woman would have to be less than 150 cm tall...
Or the seat have a 3 metre pitch, perhaps?

Cheers,

Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: TG Platinum, SQ Gold, Gold - you're indestructable...
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Or the seat have a 3 metre pitch, perhaps?

Cheers,

I just did two business class a380's SIN-ZUR and back... the seat never looks like that - it doesn't EVER flatten properly and there's a bit missing so you are forced to lay diagonally (unless you sleep like a foetus )

It's a VERY good seat, but I've done staggered on EK and others and like it equally - and staggered oddly feels more private to me than the SQ seat.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by aislealways
I just did two business class a380's SIN-ZUR and back... the seat never looks like that - it doesn't EVER flatten properly and there's a bit missing so you are forced to lay diagonally (unless you sleep like a foetus )

It's a VERY good seat, but I've done staggered on EK and others and like it equally - and staggered oddly feels more private to me than the SQ seat.
I totally concur... The pic is total SQ marketing, not reality.

Whilst I also like SQ C on the A380 and T7-300ER, I have warmed to the frequent travelled staggered cabin/s as well... way more private, IMO. ^ That said, we will all have differing preferences with regards to cabin layout, it's definitely a personal thing.

Cheers,

Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:54 am

Hmm. A seat that is uncomfortable for a 6'5" person to lie down in sounds like it might be a little cramped for my 6' body but when I fly in F this coming February I will test drive the C seat and decide whether it may or may not be a good option for using up my UA miles. I sure don't want to use them on UA! The reviews of the private feeling from the staggered seating in C sound good. It's probably preferable to C seating on ANA and JAL where you are very close to the person beside you unless, of course, the seat next to you happens to be vacant.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:00 am

Did anyone try the wifi on A380? Whats the pricing? Do first and business class passengers have to pay for it?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by rsydney
Did anyone try the wifi on A380? Whats the pricing? Do first and business class passengers have to pay for it?
Currently, the wifi service is not available on TG flights because they are waiting for the approval from Thai authority.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Seating restrictions on booking classes on A380

Hello,
I just booked a TG 380 flight SIN-BKK and purposefully choose TG410 to see what it is like.

I got a (cheap) promotional fare booking into W class (no miles, well OK, can spare those on the short hop). I was amazed to find though, that seat reservations aren't allowed neither on the upper deck economy section nor the front section of the main, because of my booking class. Being Star Gold didn't help at all.

Is this standard Thai policy or something specific to the offer/A380?

Thanks,

Jan
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA PremExec
I am booked on the TG A380 in March 2013 FRA-BKK in First. Looking forward to it!
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
Hello,
I just booked a TG 380 flight SIN-BKK and purposefully choose TG410 to see what it is like.

I got a (cheap) promotional fare booking into W class (no miles, well OK, can spare those on the short hop). I was amazed to find though, that seat reservations aren't allowed neither on the upper deck economy section nor the front section of the main, because of my booking class. Being Star Gold didn't help at all.

Is this standard Thai policy or something specific to the offer/A380?

Thanks,

Jan
This is standard Thai policy, if you want the pick of the cabin book Q or above. W and V are row 50 and back on Thai widebodies, although im not sure the exact restrictions on the new A380.

I like this since I only ever book mileage earning Q fares, and the seat pitch is better in the forward cabins of many of Thai's aircraft. At least you get something more for paying a higher fare.

Once online checkin opens though you will be able to choose other seats despite having W or V class reservations.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by dazz81
This is standard Thai policy, if you want the pick of the cabin book Q or above. W and V are row 50 and back on Thai widebodies, although im not sure the exact restrictions on the new A380.

I like this since I only ever book mileage earning Q fares, and the seat pitch is better in the forward cabins of many of Thai's aircraft. At least you get something more for paying a higher fare.

Once online checkin opens though you will be able to choose other seats despite having W or V class reservations.
Not for A380 until they managed to "upload" the seat map into OLCI system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.