Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
I would advice row 18 onwards in C. And in this case of an empty flight, the rear mini C area was also quite nice and clubby feel.
The absolutely pick of economy seats for legroom is probably 60D, as there is no seat in front of you (no 59D) because this area on the floor is the emergency exit hatch for the crew in their rest bunks in the A380's belly!

I've popped a few pics of this up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/1133148...7631737136682/

As for the economy cabins, I'd pick upstairs, behind business class (rows 75-83) – not just because it's a smaller cabin (so typically less noisy and has that slightly more private feel) but also because it's 2-4-2 instead 3-4-3 and if you score a window seat you have an under-window bin for added in-flight storage.

Last edited by djsflynn; Oct 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:17 am
kkl

Just added my two cents on the thread on 380 C seat review.

Did a walk around of the top deck on TG601 today which was really empty - full of TIPs in F, front C had perhaps 10-15pax and rear mini C and rear Y seats were all empty.

Thought I'd give my advices on the seats to choose:

In F, I think row 1 is better since row 2 is close to the galley that the FAs tend to gather.

In C - under no circumstance should anyone choose the first row - A and K are close to said galley, middle aisle seat seemed to be deposited right into the aisle and looked more cramped.

I would advice row 18 onwards in C. And in this case of an empty flight, the rear mini C area was also quite nice and clubby feel.

Oh and 15A has one side bin of two locked out.

In Upper deck Y, AB and JK said BOTH seats have dreded IFE box and they wod be murder on a long haul - only viable seat I saw was C and whatever is on the other side, centre aisle. Row 17 for middle four abreast and Row 18 for AB/JK are all exit rows with masses of leg rooms - my personal choice here.

Happy flying!
Could you recommend the 'best' seat for a couple in C?

thanks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:54 am

EzzerBKK: I'm confused. The video shows three rows of four seats in F and no galley near the second row. Is the layout of F completely different than the video? I booked into 2K so I wouldn't be near either the lounge or the restrooms. Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
As for C cabins, I'd pick upstairs, behind business class (rows 75-83) – not just because it's a smaller cabin (so typically less noisy and has that slightly more private feel) but also because it's 2-4-2 instead 3-4-3 and if you score a window seat you have an under-window bin for added in-flight storage.
I guess you mean E/Y cabins and C as C is business class on TG ?

94_Inspire: First class on the TG 380 contains 12 seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, so when seated in row 2 you have one row ahead of you and one row behind you. So you are not next to the restroom or next to the lounge, so you should be fine in row 2 ^
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8
I guess you mean E/Y cabins and C as C is business class on TG ?
Yeah, sorry, I'm clearly not used to the TG codes!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Could you recommend the 'best' seat for a couple in C?
In business class on Thai's A380, if you're travelling as a couple you'll likely want the 'middle' or 'honeymoon' seat config, which has two seats right next to each other.

This doesn't apply to all rows, due to the staggered seating config: only every second row in the centre has the two seats side by side.

Every other row has the seats at the aisle rather than snuggled cosy against each other.

Here's a shot showing two rows, so you can see how the layout differs:

So you want seats tagged E and F: those are 12EF, 15EF (because TG skips row 13, and row 14 are aisle centres), 17EF, 19EF, 21EF and 23EF in the main cabin, and 26EF in the second cabin.

I've gone into that in a bit more depth on all this at http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-thai-...ss-class-seats, down towards the bottom – look for the heading Decoding Thai’s A380 Royal Silk business class seat numbers.

So your choice is sorta 'halved', you only have every second centre pair of seats to pick from. They're all pretty equal in my book, but note that 12 and 23 are nearest to the lavs and galleys, and 26 is not far off.

(TG also has baby bassinet mounting positions in the bulkhead for both business cabins, FWIW, so if you wanted to absolutely minimise risk of being near a screaming bub then you'd also want to keep away from the front row of each cabin, which would also nix 12 and 26.)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:10 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
In F, I think row 1 is better since row 2 is close to the galley that the FAs tend to gather.
I'm not sure what you mean by this; as 94_Inspire pointed out (and as I know from having flown it), there are three rows in F (1-3), with row 2 being neither near the lavatories nor the galley. In fact, row 3 is closest to the galley -- and the main part of the galley is about 1.5 row's worth of distance behind row 3.

So, 94_Inspire, row 2 is still the best choice -- you'll be pleased with 2K. In fact, it's probably slightly better than 2A if only because you don't have quite as much traffic heading to the lavatory on the port side. (But that's a very minor issue, IMO.)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:18 pm

Yes, have also been through A380 first and concur with that - the middle row would be the sweet spot in this cosy little cabin.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:46 am

Thanks everyone. I have booked 2K on all of my flights on the 380 and am pleased to hear that it will be a sweet seat. After my next three paid flights, NRT-BKK, BKK-NRT and NRT-BKK, I am debating whether to fly BKK-NRT in NH C class (because it leaves at a little more decent hour) or in TG C class on the 380 in a window-side seat. I need to use up some of my UA miles but don't want to pay 60K miles for F if the 30K saver award for C will do. My only concern is that since I am six feet tall, the C class might not be very comfortable for me. How have other six-foot flyers found the C class seats? I know the seat's shortness has been discussed on another thread by a poster who "test drove" the seat but I am wondering what the experience of people who have actually flown in it has been. Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 9:03 am

EzzerBKK: I just read your review of the A380 Business Class seat on that thread and found that you didn't complain about the shortness, just the narrow space for your feet. How tall are you?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:19 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
I would advice row 18 onwards in C.
Why is that?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:25 am

Hope everyone had a good flight on TG A380.

There is a new safety video for TG together with the launch of their A380

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8ovd-qB_0Q
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
A380 F Seat Choice

Whats the best seat in F?

traveling with the fiance... but I must have a window.. currently booked 1A and the seat across the aisle for her...

any good reviews on F yet?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Whats the best seat in F?

traveling with the fiance... but I must have a window.. currently booked 1A and the seat across the aisle for her...

any good reviews on F yet?
Please search the forum, there are reviews.

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Old Oct 14, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by 94_Inspire
Thanks everyone. I have booked 2K on all of my flights on the 380 and am pleased to hear that it will be a sweet seat. After my next three paid flights, NRT-BKK, BKK-NRT and NRT-BKK, I am debating whether to fly BKK-NRT in NH C class (because it leaves at a little more decent hour) or in TG C class on the 380 in a window-side seat. I need to use up some of my UA miles but don't want to pay 60K miles for F if the 30K saver award for C will do. My only concern is that since I am six feet tall, the C class might not be very comfortable for me. How have other six-foot flyers found the C class seats? I know the seat's shortness has been discussed on another thread by a poster who "test drove" the seat but I am wondering what the experience of people who have actually flown in it has been. Thanks.
I am 6ft 5" and just flew the A380 BKK-SIN. The seat was fine for sitting and relaxing/eating. Out of curiosity i tried it as a bed. Because of my height I needed to sleep on my side as an "S". The bed was very narrow and felt like I was on a ledge and either my knees or my bum were hanging out into the aisle (i was in 14B). Not good. I much preferred the A340-600 seat on my incoming flight LHR-BKK... In other news I loved watching the night landing at SIN on the tail mounted camera though..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.