Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated on THAI First A380

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Did the FRA A380 TG920 start today as scheduled?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I hope so as I am on the 921 tomorrow
Just did online checkin and the seat map still showed the A380 F config.

Globalist
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:55 pm

Just check and saw the A380 leave BKK and is over India now I am on it next week Saturday. Anyone have confirmation of the wifi on board?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by Globalist
I hope so as I am on the 921 tomorrow
Just did online checkin and the seat map still showed the A380 F config.

Globalist
Great! I'm on it on Monday.... looks like there is already a flight plan filed for TG920 tomorrow, which will be my plane for monday!
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I want to fly Sydney-Frankfurt early this week and wonder if I should book the SQ Suites or the TG A380 in F instead. What do you think is better?
Old Dec 15, 2012, 8:22 pm
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by DUflyer
I want to fly Sydney-Frankfurt early this week and wonder if I should book the SQ Suites or the TG A380 in F instead. What do you think is better?
Well, you can't make a bad choice!

SQ service in F and their A380 suites are impecable... one of the best flying experiences around. First on TG's A380 is also spectacular, and very, very comfortable. Some prefer the open feel of the TG cabin, others like the privacy of the SQ suites. Lounge-wise, I'd probably say the TG experience in BKK is better, esp if you indulge in a one hour massage followed by jacuzzi!

If someone else was paying, I'd probably go SQ F. But if I were paying then it's very, very hard to beat the awesome value of TG (around $10k AUS/Europe on TG compared to $20k on SQ).

Please remember the TG A380 isn't flying SYD/BKK yet (and BKK/FRA is about to start). Given TG are only just bringing the A380 into their fleet, there is a greater chance of an a/c swap.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by avi8tir
I don't know about the departure, but TG920 landed at FRA this morning at 06h22.

(STA 05h30)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by DUflyer
SQ Suites as you can take it the whole way from SYD. TG's 747 F to SYD is still pretty solid, but there are only 2 birds with the new F product as of yet.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:08 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rsydney
Just check and saw the A380 leave BKK and is over India now I am on it next week Saturday. Anyone have confirmation of the wifi on board?
The flight BKK-FRA yesterday was the second A380 delivered (HS-TUB) and we'll be on the same flight as you next Saturday too.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:24 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Anyone have confirmation of the wifi on board?
Not yet enabled (as of Thursday, 13 Dec). Haven't read or heard anything about when TG will enable wifi (or what it will cost).
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by hgp
Not yet enabled (as of Thursday, 13 Dec). Haven't read or heard anything about when TG will enable wifi (or what it will cost).
Heard somewhere it would be free for F/J.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

In Frankfurt now looking at the whalejet from the lounge. Really looking forward to the first A380 departure from here in hour.

If only it was easy to share a picture on FT.

Globalist
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:58 am

Sounds good i will be in First 22nd 1A if anyone around. For those of you flying today let us know about wifi availability or when they plan to have it.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 4:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just landed in BKK, the innaugural flight FRA-BKK was amazing. As you know when Thai gets is right they really get it right (unlike last week).

Coffee and cake at the gate in FRA, I briefly saw it while whisked passed by premium services. Water salute by the FRA fire dept, press taking pictures. All really good.

Pleasantly surprised by a Rimowa bag with L'Occitane toiletries and a little commemorative tin of chocolates.

Love the F seat, nearly the same as the new 747 all series seat.

They have the on-air wifi however even though the ssid is broadcast and you can connect it has no access to the internet. This is still pending certification. Also no seat covers yet as they still need to be made so one has to do with a blanket which was not really needed as the cabin was hot.

One little thing, after take off two passengers appeared in the two empty seats in F. One of the captains his wife and child. The child obviously had a cold and was sniffling loudly throughout the flight and the woman kept on reading with bright light on during most of the flight.

Had 5 glasses of DOM and think that equates to a bottle .
I would not have been able to take one and get it past transit security so just drank it thinking of dsquared37

On arrival 3 bridges were connected but was surprised that the upper deck bridge was the last one to connect. I was expecting a whole lot of Y pax disembarking but none of it. Got to the buggy which was driven nicely by someone who should have been in F1 and am sure was through transit security before most people got off the aircraft.

I took loads of pictures, feel free to help me get them on here as i am clueless on ow to achieve it.

Gotta go and enjoy the royal first lounge.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Dec 16, 2012 at 6:47 pm Reason: rimowa not tumi (doh)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:24 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Sounds good i will be in First 22nd 1A if anyone around. For those of you flying today let us know about wifi availability or when they plan to have it.
Are you on TG920 or TG921?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.