Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:23 am

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
Many people seem to think that they could expect a lovely meal on board of an airplane just because it sounds so promising . Would I be served such quality in a restaurant I would throw the whole meal through the window just before I would slaughter the chef . People who understand anything about eating would never complain about airline food because they would know it cannot taste well due to being tortured in fridges , microwaves and so forth . Like for example lobster . Just imagine a restaurant serving initially deep fried lobster after a microwave treatment . It also does not make much sense complaing about scambled eggs because it is not a scrambled egg what you eat but something that originated from a tincan with a strange eggpowder inside .

From my point of view an acceptable way of eating on a Thai long range would be one or more starters accompanied by their very good champagne and probably some wine in case they get the temperature right . I further recommend to ask for the chocolate which is made by Valrhona which is a jewel on the chocolate sector . You got to ask for it .

Sometimes they have dried bananas , very nice . Again on request only .

May I further with your kind permission comment on pre - ordered meals : Standard meals in F for example come in 6 - packs on a tray . Pre ordered arrives on board after a long journey possibly as a single unit which does make survival in style even more difficult . I do not recommend it .

The joy in flying is fast transportation and free drinking , not eating .

Just my two cents , up to you .
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:27 pm

The prawn curry was good.

Perhaps I was naive and the lobster sounded good. But at least I tried it. Was planning on skipping dinner anyway, but since there were a flurry of activities of the crew serving dinner to everyone, I decided to go ahead with nibbling a few bites here and there. Had a fantastic dinner in FCT at FRA before arriving LHR.

Actually when compared with Lufthansa, eating on LH F flight was at a totally different level - both in service and food quality. It really was like a fine dining experience, and the crews gave more thought to the pax. We enjoyed it tremendously.

I wish I had known about the Valrhona choc - they are my favourites! Will try asking for it on my next flight back. Wonder if they will provide this in C?

Anyway, this is what I like about Flyertalk forum - we can always bounce around ideas and tips on our experiences. Not everyone has the same taste, and it's not the end of the world if any expectations were not met. It's all part of an adventure!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Has anyone ordered a Biz class meal? The Thai website states online pre-order is for First/Biz class.

Just wondering if the menu is the same. It'd make sense if it was.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:58 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Has anyone ordered a Biz class meal? The Thai website states online pre-order is for First/Biz class.

Just wondering if the menu is the same. It'd make sense if it was.
The first and business menu are different.

Also the business pre-order is possible ex-bangkok to certain destinations (e.g. available to Germany but not to Australia based on my experience).

The first class pre-order is available not just ex-Bangkok (e.g. possible ex-Germany). The order ex-Germany is also different from ex-Bangkok.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Thanks. The biz flights I'm looking at are to HKG, SGN, and TYO (HND). I guess I'll find out when the window opens.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
has anyone tried the beef fillet or the duck madeira ex FRA?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by ningyo
has anyone tried the beef fillet or the duck madeira ex FRA?
Yes.. the beef is a hit & miss (I especially did not like the topping with liver) and the duck is nothing to write home about. Your best bet rly is to go with the Thai dishes as long as your expectations go along with airline food as mentioned above
But the Currys together with the Caviar, Champagne and appetizers should get you through the flight..
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: m&m
Hi, will be flying SYD-BKK soon. On the Australian website there are two options to order the F-Class meal: a) login on thaiairways b) download a form for fax order. The problem is, that the meal choices are different. So which one to use or are both versions valid? - which will multiply my choices ... ;-)
Anyone who has tested the fax-version recently?

Last edited by uncleflori; Jul 23, 2012 at 6:06 am
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Any recent recommendations for CDG? Is this all catered by Servair?

I know not to chose the lobster, disappointed to hear the beef is no good, there's chicken, veal, swordfish, salmon and duck remaining.

ex-BKK in C they've told me its Beef, Salmon, Thai dishes: curry, pork, prawn.

Even if I'm the only one in C/F (which is apparently the case now) will they still load the other main meals on the standard menu should I not like my pre-order. (I take it they are just C meals anyway for the CDG flight)

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:15 am

I recently read a TR (Sorry lost the link), where the traveller had a couple of segments on TG. For each segment, he pre-ordered 1 dish, which was served, and in the same time ordered an another one from what they had in stock that day, Hence getting 2 main courses per meal.

Is that common with TG? Anyone else tried it?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Ex LHR with the caviar we get thin crisp toast (melba toast?) but what are those awful soggy things you get ex BKK?

They are called Blinis and are traditional caviar accompaniments in Russia, although they should not be quite as soggy as the always are ex-BKK!!
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:46 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by JamesBond_ppk
I recently read a TR (Sorry lost the link), where the traveller had a couple of segments on TG. For each segment, he pre-ordered 1 dish, which was served, and in the same time ordered an another one from what they had in stock that day, Hence getting 2 main courses per meal.

Is that common with TG? Anyone else tried it?
I'm assuming you're referring to F travel? What you're describing is not uncommon at all (on TG and on other airlines). Where a pre-ordered meal is provided, if the pax is still hungry (or doesn't like the pre-ordered meal), the FAs will almost always offer a choice of second main (from the regular catering) if asked. Of course, this assumes there is a second main remaining after other pax have been served. F is generally over catered... with the sometime exception of Dom Perignon ... so a second serving is generally possible.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:08 am

Programs: lost all status buying miles to fly!
I fly TG in F short haul HKG-BKK-HKG and long haul to European cities almost monthly lately. I enjoy the meals. Though they generally serve Dom Perignon to start, I usually request the 2004 Veuve Clicquot Rose they have on board, and stick with this with the meal. DP is great, but even though the vintage has recently switched from '02 (a great classic but rather closed and dry tasting at 30k feet) to '03 (especially warm vintage giving rounder flavour and texture), it is more austere than the fruitier Veuve, which is ideally suited to the pressurised cabin effect.

For food I always, always order the Thai options, not the European ones. So while that means I cannot comment on the qaulity of the European meals, I have almost always been happy with the Thai ones. If there is a curry I order it. It is partly that the airline (and its caterer in BKK anyway) know this cuisine, it is partly that food is bland in an aeroplane, so spicier dishes are more appetizing, and it is in large part because foods prepared in a thick sauce are less prone to drying out when refrigerated and microwaved. I've only once had a problem and that was a special oder curry LHR-BKK. Even the flight attendant didn't look happy and suggested something else, with an apology.

Because I have got so used to having a curry, and because sometimes they don't have one on the menu, I usually order one booked on their website in advance.

I guess if I was going to go for something European, I would take the same approach - go for something pretty well smothered in sauce. It will be less dried out when they reheat it for you.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:39 am
hgp
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: EK*P, TG*P, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by Winedemonium
If there is a curry I order it. It is partly that the airline (and its caterer in BKK anyway) know this cuisine, it is partly that food is bland in an aeroplane, so spicier dishes are more appetizing, and it is in large part because foods prepared in a thick sauce are less prone to drying out when refrigerated and microwaved.
Excellent policy... for BKK departures. Maybe just my luck, but curry ex Australian and Euro ports are just a little bland IMHO. Of course, this is due to the local caterer.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Exclusive Thai Menu Set

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 1, 2018 at 4:46 pm Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.