Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:01 pm
  #151  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidentís Club
Posts: 3,240
Originally Posted by andyptrav
If you are on an award flight the Amadeus booking codes have changed so you need to get the new one from Thai
Thanks - but I was not even getting to the page to enter the flight details. At least it seems to be working OK now.
johnaalex is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:37 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ZRH, MNL
Programs: FB Gold
Posts: 980
I have both a pre-amadeus and an amadeus award booking on Thai. If I enter the ticket number in the pre-order page http://www.thaiair.com/TSCP_WR_PREM/view-trip.jsp I can see the amadeus PNR. So if you only have a ticket number, this way you can find out your PNR.
KL803 is offline  
Old Nov 24, 2013, 3:41 pm
  #153  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 8,449
Originally Posted by KL803
I have both a pre-amadeus and an amadeus award booking on Thai. If I enter the ticket number in the pre-order page http://www.thaiair.com/TSCP_WR_PREM/view-trip.jsp I can see the amadeus PNR. So if you only have a ticket number, this way you can find out your PNR.
for pre-order of meal online, you can either key in reservation number or ticket number; both bring you on a page with your flight data, where you can enter the menu of your choice
menu depend on whether you fly out of BKK or another destination
BinSabai is offline  
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:59 pm
  #154  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 12,064
If you order one of the meal sets, do you still get the caviar service, salad, and dessert from the regular FC menu or do they only load the set menu you requested?

Half of the set menus on the website are the exact same (A-F)...but it's nice to see that there are some options that can be ordered ex-Europe even if they are not as expansive as the ex-BKK choices.
SkyTeam777 is offline  
Old Nov 29, 2013, 7:38 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SYD & 35K ft.
Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
If you order one of the meal sets, do you still get the caviar service, salad, and dessert from the regular FC menu or do they only load the set menu you requested?

Half of the set menus on the website are the exact same (A-F)...but it's nice to see that there are some options that can be ordered ex-Europe even if they are not as expansive as the ex-BKK choices.
Many of the dishes are the same - but there will be one dish that differs - normally the 'main'... Caviar should not be a problem (although, I have never ordered the set). I'm a lobster lover, so that is my choice... I have also had the Chinese duck and it was yummo!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Airgroovin is offline  
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:46 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Posts: 783
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
Many of the dishes are the same - but there will be one dish that differs - normally the 'main'... Caviar should not be a problem (although, I have never ordered the set). I'm a lobster lover, so that is my choice... I have also had the Chinese duck and it was yummo!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
yes caviar is still served and if you should happen to mention how nice the king prawn entree sounds off the general menu dont be surprised if you get that also..! I personally mix it up a bit whist on board. I like the thai set menu but cant stand the dessert so usually sub that for what is on the standard menu.
QTFLYER is offline  
Old Nov 30, 2013, 6:28 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SYD & 35K ft.
Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
yes caviar is still served and if you should happen to mention how nice the king prawn entree sounds off the general menu dont be surprised if you get that also..! I personally mix it up a bit whist on board. I like the thai set menu but cant stand the dessert so usually sub that for what is on the standard menu.
Yes - have often 'over-eaten' onboard! The JW Blue helps with digestion after a long meal! ^

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Airgroovin is offline  
Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:41 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: London
Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidentís Club
Posts: 3,240
Ordering web page down again

It has been unavailable for at least 3 days. Just spoke with Customer Relations in London and they say they have lots of problems with the ordering site and that "it has been reported". If you call reservations they can take your order over the phone.
johnaalex is offline  
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:16 pm
  #159  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 10,326
Anyone have any opinion on the Japanese meal set for NRT-BKK ? It seemed like I can't get any pics of those Japanese meal sets on their pre-order menus and din't see anyone comment on the pre-order Japanese meal neiher.

-Japanese Meal Salmon Koumi Yaki /Shiitake Mushroom/Flower Carrot / Burdock Served With Tawara Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Chicken W.Yuzu Pepper Sauce / Burdock/Broccoli Floret/Flower Carrot /Salmon Rice W.White Sesame In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Beef Sukiyaki With Soya Taste Sauce Served With Steamed Rice And Japanese First Course In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Eel Kabayaki Style /Shishito Pepper/Kabayaki Sauce/Steamed Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)


If the pre-order Japanese meal set are not any good, I think I will go with Lobster Therimidor despite many had bad expeprience.
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:35 pm
  #160  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 10,326
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Anyone have any opinion on the Japanese meal set for NRT-BKK ? It seemed like I can't get any pics of those Japanese meal sets on their pre-order menus and din't see anyone comment on the pre-order Japanese meal neiher.

-Japanese Meal Salmon Koumi Yaki /Shiitake Mushroom/Flower Carrot / Burdock Served With Tawara Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Chicken W.Yuzu Pepper Sauce / Burdock/Broccoli Floret/Flower Carrot /Salmon Rice W.White Sesame In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Beef Sukiyaki With Soya Taste Sauce Served With Steamed Rice And Japanese First Course In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Eel Kabayaki Style /Shishito Pepper/Kabayaki Sauce/Steamed Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)


If the pre-order Japanese meal set are not any good, I think I will go with Lobster Therimidor despite many had bad expeprience.
No one order Japanese meal ?
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:14 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SYD & 35K ft.
Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
No one order Japanese meal ?
I did not - but the menu was awesome onboard... ^ I would order your choice - sounds great!

As always, if you do not like it, the FA will bring you something from the menu, I've done it loads of times... Often had 2 meals! Oink!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Airgroovin is offline  
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:29 pm
  #162  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: ORD, HKG
Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Posts: 10,326
Originally Posted by Airgroovin'
I did not - but the menu was awesome onboard... ^ I would order your choice - sounds great!

As always, if you do not like it, the FA will bring you something from the menu, I've done it loads of times... Often had 2 meals! Oink!

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Well the onboard menus was far from awesome, that's why I want to do pre-order this time to see if it is any better.

And seeing many people have mix comments about Lobster Therimdor, so I am trying to see if anyone had pre-order the Japanese meal to see if it is any good.
ORDnHKG is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:25 am
  #163  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: BKK
Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Posts: 43
I had the lobster both out of BKK and LHR, the latter was so much better in terms of taste and texture.
xingby is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:15 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SYD & 35K ft.
Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold - Qantas Club/Silver - Virgin Atlantic Silver
Posts: 1,911
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Well the onboard menus was far from awesome, that's why I want to do pre-order this time to see if it is any better.

And seeing many people have mix comments about Lobster Therimdor, so I am trying to see if anyone had pre-order the Japanese meal to see if it is any good.
My lobster has always been delicious. just order the Japanese meal - if you don't like it, order off the menu?

Cheers,

AG. :-:
Airgroovin is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:53 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 154
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Anyone have any opinion on the Japanese meal set for NRT-BKK ? It seemed like I can't get any pics of those Japanese meal sets on their pre-order menus and din't see anyone comment on the pre-order Japanese meal neiher.

-Japanese Meal Salmon Koumi Yaki /Shiitake Mushroom/Flower Carrot / Burdock Served With Tawara Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Chicken W.Yuzu Pepper Sauce / Burdock/Broccoli Floret/Flower Carrot /Salmon Rice W.White Sesame In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Beef Sukiyaki With Soya Taste Sauce Served With Steamed Rice And Japanese First Course In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)
-Japanese Meal Eel Kabayaki Style /Shishito Pepper/Kabayaki Sauce/Steamed Rice In Japanese Meal Box (Washoku Shokado)


If the pre-order Japanese meal set are not any good, I think I will go with Lobster Therimidor despite many had bad expeprience.
I would not go for Japanese one as the F menu is exactly the same as the C menu. The only difference is you get an extra starters and soup (no cavier on this route though).
Obokata is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.