Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC, UA, Delta, TG, WestJet
In my own opinion, I prefer to stay with the regulars options... I have try most of those pre-order menu (in first), and most of them aren't as good as the regular one.... specially the lobster
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Fan2502
That's a tough job. With the exception of a few items like caviar, lobster, Dom, all meal are served also in Y. I flew Europe - Thailand v.v. for many years in all classes and I can tell from my huge menu collection that you find Y-meals in F & C, especially breakfast.

Only the presentation is different. Y on ceramic, C on regular china and F on bone china.

I was shocked on my first flight in F when I was presented almost the same menu I got in C some weeks ago.
My breakfast on TG911 recently...

...described on the menu as 'Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon, grilled back bacon, tomato provencale'!

Fairly certain those sausages materialised from Y.

I did ask...but was greeted with lots of Thai smiles and "yes, special breakfast!". They'd clearly had a catering malfunction but seemed to do a decent job rustling up scrambled eggs.

I too wouldn't order from the pre-order menu - I did go for the fish chu chee having studied a couple of threads and thought it was very bland for a Thai option - crew were more than happy to also offer options from the on board menu though.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:27 pm

Lobster still no-go for ex-LHR to BKK?

Originally Posted by AirCash
Don't diss the lobby completely! Over the years I found the lobster ex-LHR good... Ex-BKK it was usually too small, while ex-SYD it was an interesting pepper stir fry variant, but too oily....
It seems very scary to pre-order the lobster dish after so many terrible reviews from this thread, but has anyone recently ordered this meal on this flight? Is it also true that one can order another main dish on flight if this turns out to be a flop?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by mamak04
Is it also true that one can order another main dish on flight if this turns out to be a flop?
No doubt the crew will offer you something else...your choice being subject to availability of course.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
It seems very scary to pre-order the lobster dish after so many terrible reviews from this thread, but has anyone recently ordered this meal on this flight? Is it also true that one can order another main dish on flight if this turns out to be a flop?
The lobster served are often of the smaller variety during the off season, so it is a matter of knowing when to order, very much the same way you order oysters. Out of Sydney they would be called slipper nosed or worse, but the meat is of a denser consistency and after a reheat from frozen and possibly a zap or two, will be less resistant to a knife cut. I am a seafood tragic and if on a series of connecting first flights where you are served back to back dinners, I will often go for the lobster, slice it into medallions and have it with the caviar. I consider this to be a treat, it is something I never see on a menu and certaintly something never in the fridge at home for a snack

But if you don't like a plate you ordered, obviously it can't be replaced, there will always be 4-6 other choices available
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by BKKROP
The lobster served are often of the smaller variety during the off season, so it is a matter of knowing when to order, very much the same way you order oysters. Out of Sydney they would be called slipper nosed or worse, but the meat is of a denser consistency and after a reheat from frozen and possibly a zap or two, will be less resistant to a knife cut. I am a seafood tragic and if on a series of connecting first flights where you are served back to back dinners, I will often go for the lobster, slice it into medallions and have it with the caviar. I consider this to be a treat, it is something I never see on a menu and certaintly something never in the fridge at home for a snack

But if you don't like a plate you ordered, obviously it can't be replaced, there will always be 4-6 other choices available
I checked on this website http://eattheseasons.co.uk/Archive/lobster.htm
for the lobster season in UK... and appears to be in season for my flight this Saturday. Will go for it - carpe diem! Worst case is to eat it with caviar - sounds interesting! Will post back some pictures (either the lobster or ....)
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
for the lobster season in UK... and appears to be in season for my flight this Saturday. Will go for it - carpe diem! Worst case is to eat it with caviar - sounds interesting! Will post back some pictures (either the lobster or ....)
I tried the lobster on the flight departing London a while ago, but it was not Thermidor. It contained slices of lobster in white wine/cream sauce. By the look of the menu, I think it is still the same, although I could wrong of course.

In any event, I thought it was decent, although the portion was small. So you might ask for something else. Also you can get second serving of caviar if you ask. I do that all the time and they don't refuse.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:06 pm

lobster LHR - BKK

Originally Posted by Obokata
I tried the lobster on the flight departing London a while ago, but it was not Thermidor. It contained slices of lobster in white wine/cream sauce. By the look of the menu, I think it is still the same, although I could wrong of course.

In any event, I thought it was decent, although the portion was small. So you might ask for something else. Also you can get second serving of caviar if you ask. I do that all the time and they don't refuse.
Here's the recent tasting of the lobster for the LHR - BKK evening flight. Verdict = a bit tough. The prawn chu chee curry from the menu was better.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1159678...eat=directlink
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:02 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
The prawn chu chee curry from the menu was better.
The Won Ton soup and the Pad Thai look good though - was that part of the pre-ordered meal or just normal courses on the menu?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
The Won Ton soup and the Pad Thai look good though - was that part of the pre-ordered meal or just normal courses on the menu?
Those are in the BKK F lounge.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:14 am

Yeah, only the lobster and shrimp curry (and seat) pictures are from the TG flight. The rest are from the FC Lounge area. The full body massage was wonderful.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm after hearing more after the lobster not sure I want that for my flight in March from BKK-CDG...
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Hmm after hearing more after the lobster not sure I want that for my flight in March from BKK-CDG...
Avoid absolutely.
It has always been very dry and tough - I have given it a go several times over the last 5 years.
It just does not seem to work out.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:11 am

This is hillarious!
Your lobster will be of the "frozen and re-heated" variety, not
of the "in season" kind.

You have been warned by several people! And they will not always have "extras" of the other menu options - I think the crew keep some back for themselves sometimes!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Avoid absolutely.
It has always been very dry and tough - I have given it a go several times over the last 5 years.
It just does not seem to work out.
Guess I will have to go with another choice then! Any favorites out there? The Prawn Curry looks pretty good. Any other good choices? I will be at the FCL in BKK for around 4-6 hours so food that isn't at the lounge would be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.