FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class pre-ordered meal
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:03 pm
BKKROP

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by mamak04
It seems very scary to pre-order the lobster dish after so many terrible reviews from this thread, but has anyone recently ordered this meal on this flight? Is it also true that one can order another main dish on flight if this turns out to be a flop?
The lobster served are often of the smaller variety during the off season, so it is a matter of knowing when to order, very much the same way you order oysters. Out of Sydney they would be called slipper nosed or worse, but the meat is of a denser consistency and after a reheat from frozen and possibly a zap or two, will be less resistant to a knife cut. I am a seafood tragic and if on a series of connecting first flights where you are served back to back dinners, I will often go for the lobster, slice it into medallions and have it with the caviar. I consider this to be a treat, it is something I never see on a menu and certaintly something never in the fridge at home for a snack

But if you don't like a plate you ordered, obviously it can't be replaced, there will always be 4-6 other choices available