FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class pre-ordered meal
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:14 pm
mamak04

Originally Posted by BKKROP
The lobster served are often of the smaller variety during the off season, so it is a matter of knowing when to order, very much the same way you order oysters. Out of Sydney they would be called slipper nosed or worse, but the meat is of a denser consistency and after a reheat from frozen and possibly a zap or two, will be less resistant to a knife cut. I am a seafood tragic and if on a series of connecting first flights where you are served back to back dinners, I will often go for the lobster, slice it into medallions and have it with the caviar. I consider this to be a treat, it is something I never see on a menu and certaintly something never in the fridge at home for a snack

But if you don't like a plate you ordered, obviously it can't be replaced, there will always be 4-6 other choices available
I checked on this website http://eattheseasons.co.uk/Archive/lobster.htm
for the lobster season in UK... and appears to be in season for my flight this Saturday. Will go for it - carpe diem! Worst case is to eat it with caviar - sounds interesting! Will post back some pictures (either the lobster or ....)