Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
So, I thought it would be great to have a wiki post, and possibly inspire anyone thinking of booking TG F.
Please feel free to populate the Wiki with pics of actual offered option.

Ex. BKK:
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp_thai/In-Flight_Services/Cuisine.page
or
https://www.thaiairways.com/en/Manage_My_Booking/nopnrview.page?city=BKK&cabin=F

Menu 1 : LOBSTER THERMIDOR
LOBSTER MEAT COOKED IN BERCY SAUCE MIXED WITH MUSTARD AND MORNAY SAUCE SPRINKLED WITH CHEESE ARRANGED IN LOBSTER SHELL AND GLAZED SERVED WITH DUCHESS POTATO

Menu 2 : GRILLED FILLET OF BEEF ROSSINI
BEEF ROSSINI GRILLED FILLET STEAK TOPPED WITH FOIE GRAS SERVED WITH BAKED POTATOES, MIXED VEGETABLES

Menu 3 : SCALLOP PROVENCALE
Pan-Fried SCALLOP IN OIVE OIL SERVED WITH PROVENCALE SAUCE WHICH MADE FROM TOMATO CONCASSE, GARLIC, OLIVE OIL, HERB AND SEASONING, ACCOMPANY WITH PARISIENNE POTATOES AND GLAZED VEGETABLES

Menu 4 : GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN
GRILLED NEW ZEALAND BEEF TENDERLOIN, RED PRAWN MUSCAT WINE REDUCTION AND GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Menu 5 : OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB TOPPED WITH CARAMELIZED ORANGE SERVED WITH A SPICY MARINADE SAUCE AND ROASTED GARLIC, BLUE CHEESE POTATO

Menu 6 : GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON
GRILLED NORWEGIAN SALMON WITH BABY LEEKS TOPPED WITH MUSCAT WINE SAUCE

Menu 7 : GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI
GLASS NOODLES PAD THAI WRAPPED IN OMELET SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL: THIS IS A THAI DISH MADE FROM BEAN THREAD STIR-FRIED WITH TOFU,
GROUND PEANUT,SUGAR,TAMARIND JUICE,WRAPPED IN EGG OMELETTE SERVED WITH LOBSTER TAIL,FRESH BEANSPROUTS, CHINESE CHIVES

Menu 8 : PRAWN PA-NANG CURRY WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
PRAWN COOKED IN RED CURRY PASTE AND COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND STIR-FRIED YOUNG CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC

Menu 9 : CHICKEN KIEW-WAN WITH STEAMED THAI HOM-MALI RICE
CHICKEN, EGGPLANT, SWEET BASIL LEAVE COOKED IN COCONUT MILK SERVED WITH STEAMED RICE AND VEGETABLES

Menu 10 : BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION
A HEALTHY DISH OF STEAMED BLACK COD WITH GINGER AND SPRING ONION SERVED WITH SUPERIOR SOYA SAUCE CHINESE STYLE
SERVED WITH STEAMED BROWN RICE AND SAUTEED FRESH VEGETABLES WITH XO SAUCE

Menu 11 : CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH YELLOW NOODLES
THIS IS A CHINESE DISH OF ROASTED DUCK CHINESE STYLE SERVED WITH YELLOW NOODLES AND CHINESE CHOY-SUM

Menu 12 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 1
- STEAMED THAI HOM MALI RICE
- GRILLED BEEF FILLET SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- MINCED PORK WITH VERMICELLI WRAPPED WITH CHINESE CABBAGE IN CLEAR SOUP
- ROASTED DUCK WITH GRAPE IN RED CURRY
- THAI STYLE OMELET
- STIR-FRIED SPINACH WITH GARLIC AND CHILI
- THAI DESSERT : BANANA IN COCONUT MILK

Menu 13 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 2
- VEGETARIAN PAPAYA SALAD
- MIXED VEGETABLES IN SWEET & SOUR SOUP "KANG SOM"
- STIR-FRIED MUSHROOM WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- GRILLED EGGPLANT WITH BOILED EGG SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- THAI DESSERT : ASSORTED LOOK CHUB

Menu 14 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 3
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- BEEF MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 15 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 4
- TIGER PRAWN SPICY SALAD THAI STYLE
- DRY FISH IN SPICY SOUP THAI STYLE (TOM-KHLOHNG)
- CHICKEN MASSAMAN
- STIR-FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
- DEEP FRIED KAO-SARN FISH
- THAI DESSERT : COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM AND PEANUT

Menu 16 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 5
- DEEP FRIED MARINATED CHICKEN WITH LEMON GRASS
- PRAWN AND YOUNG COCONUT IN TOM YUM SOUP
- STIR-FRIED MINCED PORK WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE
- THAI DESSERT : BLACK & WHITE GLUTINOUS RICE WITH LONGAN

Menu 17 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 6
- STIR-FRIED MINCED CHICKEN WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEA BASS WITH FISH SAUCE

Menu 18 : TG EXCLUSIVE THAI MENU SET 7
- STIR-FRIED MINCED BEEF WITH GARLIC, CHILI AND BASIL
- OMELET THAI STYLE
- DEEP-FRIED MARINATED CHILEAN SEABASS WITH FISH SAUCE
Print Wikipost

First Class pre-ordered meal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I'll let you know in a few days what the ostrich is like ex-BKK.
I don't have a place to put up my pictures yet...

Had the ostrich on my BKK - NRT red-eye. It was served for the meal just before landing.

Wasn't anything spectacular, but it was fine. The meat was cut from a steak, and then re-assembled and cooked as a medallion. There was a peppery sauce over it.

I'd most likely try something else before I order the ostrich again. Maybe something local to Thailand, as Guy Betsy suggested.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:21 am

We ordered two different shrimp dishes on 25 Mar from CDG-BKK and were going to share the dishes. After take-off the staff came and apologized for the pre-ordered meal not being loaded on the flight. They were aware of the order but there was a mix-up in Paris.

We had the shrimp with a Chinese sauce. It was not that good. The shrimp dish in business from BKK-DXB on 03 April was much better.

I was so depressed that I had to battle my disappointment with many extra glasses of Dom.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
For TG640 BKK-NRT in F, can I have the pre-order meal immediately following the 'first serving', which is just soup + canapé... and then have the normal full breakfast toward the end of the flight?

Or must I take the pre-order meal as breakfast?
Old May 5, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: OZ Silver, BA Gold, EK Silver, SPG/Marriot Gold, IHG Platinum
I recently had fish-chu chee (fish in red curry), and I have to say that I was disappointed somewhat. They served salmon contrary to what was stated in their website (red snapper), and the presentation was not so nice (just fish curry in a bowl and plain rice). I would not choose this option again in the future.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:31 am

Programs: TG Plat
I recently had the Tom Yum Goong and it was awful: 4 shrimps and a few mushrooms in hot water. Insipid does not begin to describe it.
Old May 5, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I'd just go with whatever you think is locally harvested over what might be frozen prior to cooking...!
Guy Betsy, I tried that approach a couple of years ago on CX F ex-AKL. Figured that lamb chops (OK, Rack of Lamb if you must) would be a sure winner. Easily the worst meal I've ever had on CX.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: VA, QF and a few others
Recently flew TG476 SYD-BKK and pre-ordered the lobster. When meal time came I was served up a prawn and noodle dish. The following conversation then took place;

Me: "Excuse me but I ordered the lobster"
FA: "Yes that's lobster"
Me: "Ahh no that is prawns"
FA: "Yes small lobster"
Me: "Ahh no, they are prawns, but ok I'm happy to eat this"
FA: "One moment please"

She then disappeared into the galley for a few minutes after which the CSM came out apologising profusely with a complaints form. I told her that it was fine and I certainly didn;t want to fill out a complaint form. The meal was lovely anyway.

As we pulled into the gate in BKK she then re-appeared, knelt down and whispered to me again how sorry she was about the meal and then presented me with a nicely wrapped gift - yep you guessed it, a bottle of '02 Dom. Lovely!
Old May 6, 2011, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Rog76
Recently flew TG476 SYD-BKK and pre-ordered the lobster. When meal time came I was served up a prawn and noodle dish. The following conversation then took place;

Me: "Excuse me but I ordered the lobster"
FA: "Yes that's lobster"
Me: "Ahh no that is prawns"
FA: "Yes small lobster"
Me: "Ahh no, they are prawns, but ok I'm happy to eat this"
FA: "One moment please"

She then disappeared into the galley for a few minutes after which the CSM came out apologising profusely with a complaints form. I told her that it was fine and I certainly didn;t want to fill out a complaint form. The meal was lovely anyway.

As we pulled into the gate in BKK she then re-appeared, knelt down and whispered to me again how sorry she was about the meal and then presented me with a nicely wrapped gift - yep you guessed it, a bottle of '02 Dom. Lovely!
Wow!!!! Especially given the reviews of the lobster in this thread, everything worked out for you!
Old May 8, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA*G
Originally Posted by slaman
Wow!!!! Especially given the reviews of the lobster in this thread, everything worked out for you!
Don't diss the lobby completely! Over the years I found the lobster ex-LHR good... Ex-BKK it was usually too small, while ex-SYD it was an interesting pepper stir fry variant, but too oily....
Old May 8, 2011, 11:28 pm

How is their Pad Thai with lobster? I am thinking of ordering for my BKK-SYD flight in October.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by brahms77
How is their Pad Thai with lobster? I am thinking of ordering for my BKK-SYD flight in October.
I actually liked the Lobster Pad Thai. I wasn't the best lobster or Pad Thai I've ever had, but it was good enough that I would order it again.

Thai Airways First Class - Bangkok to Munich - Pad Thai with Lobster Tail (Pre-Order Menu)
Old May 9, 2011, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
The lobster is always overcooked and chewy. Avoid. Even in the picture shown above you can see that it has been overcooked.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by rownada
For TG640 BKK-NRT in F, can I have the pre-order meal immediately following the 'first serving', which is just soup + canapé... and then have the normal full breakfast toward the end of the flight?

Or must I take the pre-order meal as breakfast?
It can be served whenever you like.
Old May 9, 2011, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Fan2502
@ Flyingfox

Per your recomodation I just changed my preordered meal for my upcoming flight from Beef Rossini to Fish Chu-Chee.
That's good - the beef is often overcooked anyway. But some people like it well-done.

The fish chu-chee has a really good, tangy (and different) sauce.
Old May 15, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
What is the best pre order meal from FRA to BKK night Flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.