Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: DL GM
Using my own post as an example. This is an unaltered screenshot of my Firefox page (with personal info blacked out and at half size for posting and compressed in whatever way FT compresses images) on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" screen. Exactly ONE post is visible.

Lest you think it is just because it a long post, here are the two posts below mine. Two very brief posts are the only posts visible on the screen. No zoom, no font size adjustments on browser, just Firefox being viewed on one of the most common laptops in the world.

In what world is this acceptable?
SK, DenverBrian and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I agree with everyone regarding TOO MUCH WHITE SPACE.

But I also want to add that I wish Hyperlinks had some underline and a font color difference to make it clear that there's a link hiding in a post!
christep, Xyzzy, linsj and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:30 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but hyperlinks are no longer visible (unless you hover your mouse over them).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
What's with this waste of space? There are essentially two headers with little difference in functionality?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Deleted
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold
Positives:
- I like that the navigation bar is now clearer and fixed in place
- The main blue colour is better than that aqua shade

Negatives
- Font sizes are all over the place, maybe 6 different point sizes in use in the MyFT page
- On a 24" HD display in Firefox at 100% zoom I can get 3 one-line posts on the screen, it looks a bit better on my 4K display but still too much white space.
Xyzzy and RumPatrol like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
I'm really not digging the fact that every few months I come on to find that the site looks "foreign" to me. Frankly, this update feels like you did an update to show off "Hey, we have a web design team that's doing something!" Please, throw it out and consider whether you wouldn't be better off by cutting your design team and taking larger distributions from the company.

Edit: To be clear, the comments about the zooming strike me as spot on.
Grog, diburning, RumPatrol and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:16 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted (it works if allowing aspnetcdnDOTcom)
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:24 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The change is HORRIBLE! Suddenly everything is more difficult to follow. Why change something which was quite fine as it stood?
Grog likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Motionsick Planespotters, Inc.
The white is BLINDING. Looking at this website genuinely hurts my eyes. Please fix this.
Grog, linsj, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I much prefer the new style of the forums, much cleaner and clearer. My only gripe is the inability to see hyperlinks.
sxc likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:57 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Yet another hard to see thing, on a thread with multiple pages, whatever page number you're on should be way more visible (in this example, the 5 should be MUCH darker or a different color or something):
Attached Images  
Buster, beltway, Grog and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jackal
I am seeing the same thing. I'll demo it in this post and then add a screenshot to illustrate the problem. The first four words in this sentence are hyperlinked. The last word in this sentence is hyperlinked. All of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked. None of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked.
For me, this is the most critically-deficient aspect at the moment of the presentation of posts. It's vital to be able to identify where the hyperlinks are in a post.
Xyzzy, DenverBrian, Grog and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat

Page numbers sit a pixel or two too low.
FTFA!

Fix the freakin' ads!

Stop worrying about the theme but stop the ridiculous pop-up ads!

I have no issue with advertisements - that's how the bills get paid - but the hijacking fake-amazon and fake-newegg ads have to stop. Those make the site unusable.

Now, my one comment about this new theme? The pagination buttons in the bottom right don't like up on Safari 11.0.3 (macOS 10.13.3) - the actual page counter button sits a pixel or two too low.
diburning likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I feel the old interface was much cleaner.
Grog likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.