Reload this Page >

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:01 am

The font seems too big for someone with normal vision using a normal-size, normal zoom PC desktop. The thread path at the top of the infinite scroll shows the previous size font, which in contrast now appears tiny. The font type seems stretched vertically, followed by double spacing. The white background is also too bright. I don't like these changes.
Xyzzy and Vegas Vegan like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are links not underlined to comply with ADA?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Someone asked above if it looks different in various browsers, and I can confirm that it does. It looks different and has different issues on Chrome for Windows, IE for windows, and Safari on an iPad/iPhone.

Of course, I still can't reply, post, etc if I'm using my preferred browser on my work computer, Chrome for Windows. I've had to switch to using IE to even be able to post this reply. (And yes I cleared all cookies).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:15 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I can't create a link in a reply, whether I type the display text that I want to become the link first or if I try to create a link and dictate in the dialogue what my display text will be. The dialogue opens and the "OK" button shows in green but clicking on it in either scenario doesn't create a link. I eventually have to press the "Cancel" button and then I receive a message at the top of the page:

"You have changed some options. Are you sure you want to close the dialog window?"

I am running Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a PC that has Microsoft Windows 10 Pro as the OS, version 1709, OS build 16299.248
I have that problem, too. Thank you, I've reported it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:28 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zorak
Therefore, I used the "switch to desktop" button at the bottom of the page and then switch back to mobile rather often, but that button is now gone. Please bring it back.
I definitely understand you on the greater functionality aspect. The "View Full Site" button has been moved to inside the menu on the left. It's at the bottom there. See below:

Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm among those who find the bright white disturbing. While OK for short pings, if spending more than a few minutes the white glare makes reading FT uncomfortable. The Roboto font is so thin that the bright white just shouts out around it. If we could have a few choices on fonts and skins then that would seem to me to be a better outcome than the current set-up.

There again, I'm probably spending too long on FT anyway!
I agree - my eyes are burning from the white.

Also, the cell borders in tables aren't lining up.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:33 am
Administrator

This is not to any user in particular, but I know many have commented on it. I have asked that the white be toned down a bit, to not be so bright.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Although I may be in the minority, I like the larger, clearer format. It’s easier on the eyes.

The new format has not corrected the ongoing problem I have with writing replies. When I am entering a reply on my iPad the text box slides up under the formatting band so that I cannot see what I am writing or can see only the bottom edge of the line I’m typing. I can pull the text down to read it, but as soon as I begin typing it slides back up. This is extremely annoying. I think I’ve seen a couple of other complaints about this, so I don’t think it is an anomaly peculiar to my device.
MSPeconomist and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:48 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Zorak
The "insert link" dialog is broken in mobile.

the green button can be clicked, but nothing happens as a result, the dialog just sits there and you have to cancel out of it.

Clicked on those drop-down menus just in case, but they are defective somehow:

So the only way to insert a clickable link in mobile is to click over to Source mode and use URL tags manually.
Not effecting just mobile, unfortunately. I have reported this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:54 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by CPRich
I think my eyes are bleeding. It looks like someone resurrected ClearType and set it as bad as it can be.

Who decided to change font colors to black, but only some of them? "Let's make the thread names black, but then leave blue for the page numbers, "Last Page", symbols, etc"? With a narrow font that just blurs together. So we can leave even more empty white space doing nothing.

Seriously, just terrible. Just plain hard to read. There has to be some parameters, tuning, "legacy mode", no?

If it ain't broke......break it?
What OS/browser are you on? Windows/Chrome and I'm not seeing that much white space. Have you cleared cookies?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by intuition
Hovering the icons does indeed display the target link, but clicking on the icons only shows the icon image in a "pop-up".
Until IB fixes it, I've found that an easy workaround is to right-click the icon, then left-click Open link in new tab (or just Open link, where available).
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:58 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by highops
I only read back about 10 posts so this may have been posted 130 times already. Right-click, open in new tab does not seem to be a thing anymore. I wish it were a thing still.
That sounds like a browser problem. On Chrome, I had no difficulty and it's not the website that creates the right-click menus.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:09 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jackal
In the PM inbox, the sender’s username is a much larger font than the subject of the PM. That draws the eye and thus the mouse cursor to click on the username rather than the subject line, erroneously opening the sender’s user profile rather than the actual PM message.
Seen/reported. Thank you.
jackal likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:11 am

I just came here to say I really hate the infinite scroll. I know you can disable it.
It should be disabled by default.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
For instance, on this thread the Multi-Quote font is bigger than the Quote font. Further buttons are a different size. Also why is the "Like" not a button. Should be consistent.
Originally Posted by wrp96
Someone asked above if it looks different in various browsers, and I can confirm that it does. It looks different and has different issues on Chrome for Windows, IE for windows, and Safari on an iPad/iPhone.
I was just about to point this out. Here's how it looks to me in Chrome with multi-quote deselected and selected:

The same thing viewed in IE:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.