Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Signature font size - SIZE doesn't seem to work anymore?

Originally Posted by SamirD
I didn't see any gui or mouse-clicky way to do it, but the BBcode 'SIZE' does it. I couldn't paste an example of the code (as it would parse the code), but did find this link that should help:
https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=5
Tried everything in the link, and still can't get the font size for my signature back to smaller as it has been for years ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
D
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm still annoyed that no Twitter or YouTube (and probably others too) links actually show up in my browser when they are in posts -- unless they are in a quote of a prior post. Is this EVER going to be fixed? I can't recall when this started, but it's been that way fr quite a while.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm still annoyed that no Twitter or YouTube (and probably others too) links actually show up in my browser when they are in posts -- unless they are in a quote of a prior post. Is this EVER going to be fixed? I can't recall when this started, but it's been that way fr quite a while.
I was experiencing that ages ago but it's been fine for a while now. Are you using Ad-blocker Ultimate? I think that may have been the answer for me. But I don't recall as it has been "fixed" for ages for me.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I was experiencing that ages ago but it's been fine for a while now. Are you using Ad-blocker Ultimate? I think that may have been the answer for me. But I don't recall as it has been "fixed" for ages for me.
I'm using Firefox with whatever their standard blocking setup is -- no extensionn. I guess I'll have to reinvestigate...
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I'm using Firefox with whatever their standard blocking setup is -- no extensionn. I guess I'll have to reinvestigate...
The twitter and YouTube previews also do not show up if you refuse nonessential cookies (might only be an option if you're in the EU)
Xyzzy and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
Tried everything in the link, and still can't get the font size for my signature back to smaller as it has been for years ...

D
Just to follow-up: Reached out to an admin, and apparently the SIZE attribute has been disabled since November 2022 - so it is deliberate than can no longer control size of font in the signature.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to follow-up: Reached out to an admin, and apparently the SIZE attribute has been disabled since November 2022 - so it is deliberate than can no longer control size of font in the signature.
Interesting - I guess that means I shouldn't touch mine if I want t keep the small text.
dorisrpas and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plunet
The twitter and YouTube previews also do not show up if you refuse nonessential cookies (might only be an option if you're in the EU)
Thanks for the inf!

I've now set Firefox to allow all cookies from Flyertalk.com and to allow all tracking for Flyertalk.com ... with n change to the behaviour. Firefox indicates that nothing is being blocked by showing the shield icon with a line through it on the navigation bar:

I went into the developer console to look for stuff that was not loading properly and found nothing related to Twitter in the Network screen. (I'm trying to debug using a page with a Twitter link that should show a preview). But I guess now I know that this does work for others and I may be able to fix it on my end.
SamirD likes this.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Mar 10, 2023 at 8:07 am
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
But I guess now I know that this does work for others and I may be able to fix it on my end.
I had to enable "Sale of Personal Data" in "Manage Preferences" the right side of the bottom navigation bar in order for Tweets and YouTube videos to display.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
I had to enable "Sale of Personal Data" in "Manage Preferences" the right side of the bottom navigation bar in order for Tweets and YouTube videos to display.
Thanks for that hint.
I don't see a button for "Sale of Personal Data" there. I see a "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" link, which asks for all sorts of info and which I don't recall ever filling out. There is also a, "Manage Preferences" link that takes me to a page where I enabled *everything*. Still n change to the preview of Twitter & YouTube. FWIW, I've also tried to "refresh" Firefox.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United

D
Strange as that should have worked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.