FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Feedback on FT new style, March 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1900802-feedback-ft-new-style-march-2018-a.html)

IBobi Mar 26, 2018 1:30 pm

Feedback on FT new style, March 2018

Hi all,

Please use this thread to give feedback on the new FT Style changes.

Thank you,

--The FT Team

lo2e Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I'll start - on the MyFlyerTalk page, the titles of the forums should be in a bigger font than the description! See below - "Hotel Deals", "Starwood", and "Amtrak" are all smaller than the descriptions below them - it should be the other way around like it is on the homepage!

Mwenenzi Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Font change is &****()(*(%$
How can we go back to what is was?????
(When ever there is a change, always a rush to go back to what is was)

(using windows 8.2 with Firefox on a laptop)

mahasamatman Mar 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Ugly and unusable. How do we switch back?

DenverBrian Mar 26, 2018 1:43 pm

Generally clearer, more modern, more readable interface. FT makes it to about the year 2009 with this update.

Oh, and: The "Like" button is still stuck in 1998.

Kagehitokiri Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

no way to change?

Cloudship Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

One HUGE problem I have - no way to tell what posts are new since you were last there!

Personally I think the condensed font is way hard to read, but I will let others carry on about that. I just need to know what posts are unread.

scubadu Mar 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Very difficult to differentiate between read and unread threads. Previously, when I marked a thread or forum as "read" the font sort of greyed out so it was easy to see which threads I was caught up on and which had new posts. They all look the same now.

Regards

mahasamatman Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Please hire a UI designer! I'm not sure who's making the UI changes, but whoever it is isn't qualified.

lo2e Mar 26, 2018 1:47 pm

Ditto Cloudship and scubadu - I can't tell which threads have new posts and which ones don't.

Mwenenzi Mar 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 29569537)
Ugly and unusable. How do we switch back?

Originally Posted by mahasamatman (Post 29569561)
Please hire a UI designer! I'm not sure who's making the UI changes, but whoever it is isn't qualified.

IB should not let work experience high school kids play with the web site.
IB/FT needs some competent IT professionals.

lo2e Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm

1 Attachment(s)
This is what my top right corner looks like, hoping it wasn't on purpose!

Kagehitokiri Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm

especially inconvenient to have read/unread difference disappear on me as i try to get caught up from a month away from FT

DenverBrian Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm

I'm also noting that the odd Dolphins-green bars at top in bottom relate in no way color-wise to the overall blue scheme of FT.

Maluku_Flyer Mar 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Who allowed the interns to mess with the website again?