FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Feedback on FT new style, March 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1900802-feedback-ft-new-style-march-2018-a.html)

beltway Mar 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Awful in so many ways:
  • Wikis have completely disappeared
    • Also, "Wiki Posts > Show All Wikiposts" has never worked properly; it still shows only a list of recently edited wikis
  • The white background is utterly blinding
  • Too much dead space
  • Thread title (and the "go to first unread" button) are far too small compared to other elements. Make it easy for people to use these features, not harder.
  • The embiggened left-side menu bar on the MyFlyerTalk page is annoying. As somebody observed earlier, we use that page to check on subscribed threads & fora; enlarging other features, especially ones I can access elsewhere, detracts from that useful function.
  • Unaddressed from last time: there are still too many navigation/menu bars & text links to MyFlyerTalk, and you never restored the one-click "user silhouette" icon at the top of the page that got me there quickly & easily, especially on a smaller mobile screen where I can't do fine-grained mouse selections.

I gave up giving feedback last time because it ended up being ignored. Keep this winning streak going and you'll have the UI/UX in its worst possible state in no time.

FN-GM Mar 26, 2018 3:06 pm

I seem to be stuck on the "Mobile One" theme.

I am using Chrome 65. MacOS 10.13.3.

Thanks

UKtravelbear Mar 26, 2018 3:07 pm

why are links to other pages / external links in the same colour as normal text ?!?!?!

I hope your 'quick meeting' decides to roll back these changes until you have done some proper testing.

justforfun Mar 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Thread titles are way too small. Why is the name of the thread starter larger than the title itself?! In general the font sizes are just wrong, with less important information larger than it needs to be. And it's quite bright. My eyes already hurt after reading if for just a few minutes.

Oncewild Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm

A bit nasty

Can't say why, but it's a bit "in your face"/ stark

IBJoel Mar 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by jackal (Post 29569809)
I am seeing the same thing. I'll demo it in this post and then add a screenshot to illustrate the problem. The first four words in this sentence are hyperlinked. The last word in this sentence is hyperlinked. All of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked. None of the words in this sentence are hyperlinked.

​​​​​​​I've included this information as part of my report on the hyperlinks.

IBJoel Mar 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox (Post 29569816)
Fonts on my FT page are too small.

This has been reported.

IBJoel Mar 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CHSBoater (Post 29569829)
Font too large

To which font are you referring? What type of device are you on?

beltway Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm

One more thing: it used to be the case that when I visited a thread with unread posts, I could see at a glance (via an icon in the top left of each post) where the new posts started. That visual cue has disappeared AFAICT.

IBJoel Mar 26, 2018 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by beltway (Post 29569956)
One more thing: it used to be the case that when I visited a thread with unread posts, I could see at a glance (via an icon in the top left of each post) where the new posts started. That visual cue has disappeared AFAICT.

Thank you, reported.

intuition Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

I'd just like to say I appreciate the black text on white background as it makes an easier read (and I see from the Style guide thead that proper contrasts was one of the design goals).
It, and the new font, might take a bit getting used to, but after that (and adjusting page zoom in browser) it strikes me as very readable and clean looking.

Mwenenzi Mar 26, 2018 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 29569747)
We are currently working on resolving that problem. We appreciate your patience.

24 hours ago there was not a problem with the layout. (Other than what was hashed last time & not fixed)
Does "control Z" work?

IBJoel Mar 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FN-GM (Post 29569907)
I seem to be stuck on the "Mobile One" theme.

I am using Chrome 65. MacOS 10.13.3.

Thanks

Try to select "FT Desktop NG", under "Forum Skin" here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prof...do=editoptions
If it persists, let me know.

junglematt Mar 26, 2018 3:25 pm

It looks a lot crisper, but I agree with what another poster says, it can be a tad bright. I also miss having visible hyperlinks when browsing.

Also, it would be awesome if you had the option to switch to a dark theme similar to what you can do on Youtube.

tmiw Mar 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Looks mostly okay to me, haven't tried on mobile yet. However, the font size for the post's body on the preview page is significantly smaller than when viewing threads. Not sure if this is just my computer or if others are seeing it too.