Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
As things stand, you will need either an EU recognised vaccination card (and CDC is not one of these) OR a PCR test in the 3 days before boarding OR a Lateral Flow (Antigen) test within 1 day of boarding. This could change, the mood music is towards relaxation, but right now you need a test if you only have CDC cards.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:18 am

I'm about to fly TAP from JFK to LIS. I don't see anywhere for me to upload my COVID test result before my flight. Anyone know if I need to bring printed copies of my results or will screenshot on my mobile suffice?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by morninglemon
I'm about to fly TAP from JFK to LIS. I don't see anywhere for me to upload my COVID test result before my flight. Anyone know if I need to bring printed copies of my results or will screenshot on my mobile suffice?
TAP - unlike some airlines - are not using pre-sent information to them, instead they are checking bona fides at the gate. I actually think this is the best way so long as you keep the checks slick and not too detail obsessed. But either way a print out or screen shot is ok, I would say most are screenshots actually. However if you print things out and staple them in a way that looks like you know what you are doing, then that makes it slightly faster, since the agents kind of know they need to zoom in on those who have not done their homework. But if getting to a printer is difficult then that's fine.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:32 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll print just in case as I have the rare access to a printer before my flight.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Typically you have to show these predeparture, either at the check in desk or at the gate,
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:39 pm

When I flew out of IAD less than a week ago on TAP to say my Swiss QR code got a cursory inspection is to overstate it. I think I probably could have shown my cat's rabies vaccination certificate and they would have taken it. Nobody ever asked for my Portugal PLF either at IAD or in LIS. Nor when I entered AMS did anybody ask for my health declaration or vaccine cert (perhaps because I was on an intra-EU flight from Lisbon?). Spain however did scan my PLF when I entered from AMS but did not ask for proof of vaccination.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:23 am

My friend who flew PHL-LIS this morning said her PLF was checked pre-boarding in PHL, and upon arrival in LIS before passport control, her PLF and covid test result were both checked again.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
When I flew out of IAD less than a week ago on TAP to say my Swiss QR code got a cursory inspection is to overstate it. I think I probably could have shown my cat's rabies vaccination certificate and they would have taken it. Nobody ever asked for my Portugal PLF either at IAD or in LIS. Nor when I entered AMS did anybody ask for my health declaration or vaccine cert (perhaps because I was on an intra-EU flight from Lisbon?). Spain however did scan my PLF when I entered from AMS but did not ask for proof of vaccination.

Originally Posted by morninglemon
My friend who flew PHL-LIS this morning said her PLF was checked pre-boarding in PHL, and upon arrival in LIS before passport control, her PLF and covid test result were both checked again.
See this just reinforces what I've read elsewhere that your entire pre-boarding covid documentation experience is dependent on your gate agent. And why I've had so much angst about the power they wield. I swear my blood pressure will drop once we are safely sitting on the plane.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:49 pm

Don't be too worried, so long as you have done your homework - which you have done - then you will be fine. There are people who make these trips totally unaware that there are COVID-19 restrictions or who do the most superficial research beforehand. I had one younger guy in front of me at the gate who was under the impression his CDC card was all he needed. The colour drained out of his face when he was asked for his test results. Now somehow they manage to fix this before departure - I am not sure how exactly - but he was the last one boarded, looking so relieved. Almost everyone gets to travel.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Graciecatt

See this just reinforces what I've read elsewhere that your entire pre-boarding covid documentation experience is dependent on your gate agent. And why I've had so much angst about the power they wield. I swear my blood pressure will drop once we are safely sitting on the plane.
Assuming you have an EUDCC and completed passenger locator form, you're good to go with the current rules.

No ifs, ands, or buts.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Don't be too worried, so long as you have done your homework - which you have done - then you will be fine. There are people who make these trips totally unaware that there are COVID-19 restrictions or who do the most superficial research beforehand. I had one younger guy in front of me at the gate who was under the impression his CDC card was all he needed. The colour drained out of his face when he was asked for his test results. Now somehow they manage to fix this before departure - I am not sure how exactly - but he was the last one boarded, looking so relieved. Almost everyone gets to travel.
Thank you! that was very kind. I'll try to stop obsessing haha
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
We just checked in at MAD on our way to LIS and then onto Canada and the US.

The agent confirmed our negative Covid tests (for US entry) and the Portugal passenger locator form, both of which we presented electronically from my mobile phone. The covid tests were performed at BCN airport yesterday.

While the negative Covid tests are a substitute for proof of vaccination, the agent asked to see our vax cards, and rather than belabor the point, we showed him our CDC cards, which were accepted. I wouldn't count on this, but the application of the rules certainly is YMMV.
Graciecatt and 36902BRF like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:44 pm

I know I/we are all set with our EUDCCs to transit LIS, but I have a friend transiting LIS on her way to Italy who only has a US CDC card. We were looking at TAP's website and it looks like it says Portugal is accepting the US CDC card. Is this true/new?

Here's the link to the TAP page

Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
I know I/we are all set with our EUDCCs to transit LIS, but I have a friend transiting LIS on her way to Italy who only has a US CDC card. We were looking at TAP's website and it looks like it says Portugal is accepting the US CDC card. Is this true/new?

Here's the link to the TAP page

I don’t believe that’s correct, and it’s not what the official tourism page says https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal

Accepted vaccination certificates issued by third countries under reciprocal conditions: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Benin, Cabo Verde, Colombia, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Israel, Iceland, Jordan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Malasya, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the Crown Dependencies (Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man), Uruguay, The Vatican (https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...certificate_en),

I was there last week, and I would not risk it. There’s so many people checking these things, all of them seem to be using different rule books, and all of them have the power to screw up your trip. To me it’s worth the $75 and inconvenience of getting an antigen test the day before departure.

On the bright side, I was able to get the antigen test to come home for free in Lisbon. I’m pretty sure they were supposed to charge me, but they didn’t, and I didn’t complain about it.

Also, FYI, the line for immigration for non-EU passports was eternal. I had a 3 hour connection to a flight to Porto and just barely made it. It was extremely stressful and frustrating. I estimated about 1000 people in the All Passports line, and they never had more than three desks open, and often had only one.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by murphy
I was there last week, and I would not risk it. There’s so many people checking these things, all of them seem to be using different rule books, and all of them have the power to screw up your trip. To me it’s worth the $75 and inconvenience of getting an antigen test the day before departure.

On the bright side, I was able to get the antigen test to come home for free in Lisbon. I’m pretty sure they were supposed to charge me, but they didn’t, and I didn’t complain about it.

Also, FYI, the line for immigration for non-EU passports was eternal. I had a 3 hour connection to a flight to Porto and just barely made it. It was extremely stressful and frustrating. I estimated about 1000 people in the All Passports line, and they never had more than three desks open, and often had only one.
Yes we've been discussing the long passport control lines at Lisbon in my other thread. Other thread about passport control lines It sounds absolutely awful. We have a 5-hour layover in LIS and I think we'll spend all of it in line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.