Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K

Any idea on new requirements from Toronto to Lisbon and vice versa?
I understand from the Tap website that they now offer testing at Lisbon Airport for the return, i'm just not sure what test if any is required prior to Leaving Toronto.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Now rapid /antigen test will suffice for Portugal. Changed recently from PCR test only.
Aired likes this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jun 30, 2021 at 9:12 am
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Rapid test/antigen test will not suffice.
The TAP website says the opposite:
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/alerts-...d-9b4baec90209
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by seanp7
One of the (much cheaper) antigen tests was sufficient for my visit last week.

Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:27 am

Just beware - If your not Portuguese your not allowed to Enter Portugal yet.

I had to rebook my flight due to my friend not Portuguese so are now headed to Morocco on June 30 instead of having a stop over in Portugal
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Pilotbg

I had to rebook my flight due to my friend not Portuguese so are now headed to Morocco on June 30 instead of having a stop over in Portugal

Huh ?

I think that might depend on your nationality and/or your itinerary...
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
That is not entirely correct. There are many exceptions, notably EU nationals.and pax arriving from certain countries.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:35 am

Rapid antigen seems to be ok, but will they take the Binax at home self test with the proctor by phone?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:55 pm

What about transit passengers?

In my case, SFO-LIS-Italy (fully vaccinated). Do I need anything for the LIS transit, in addition to what is required for Italy?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:10 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I am confused by the above statements about non-Portuguese people not being allowed in.

From this page, which I take as fairly authoritative (https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm)
any number of countries' citizens are allowed now with a Covid test. Including, EU, Japan, China, Aus/NZ, a few countries in Africa, etc.

However, my interest is whether it is expected that Portugal will soon allow people with vaccinations to enter, without having to take an extra test? Other nearby countries such as Spain are now allowing this. The page only speaks of an EU Digital Covid Certificate (EU DCC), which does cover vaccinations, but does not seem to be available for non-EU people to obtain.

The info on the above page says to expect an update around July 11. I wonder if there is news other than this?

Last edited by TA; Jul 5, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:00 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
I just went ORD-LIS-AGP on Sunday but needed a <48 hr antigen for Portugal also had CDC card. Was let into Portugal for my flight to AGP.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:02 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PIJD
I just went ORD-LIS-AGP on Sunday but needed a <48 hr antigen for Portugal also had CDC card. Was let into Portugal for my flight to AGP.
I'm not sure I understand -- you mean they would have required a test, but you were able to be allowed in based on your CDC vaccination card?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by TA
I'm not sure I understand -- you mean they would have required a test, but you were able to be allowed in based on your CDC vaccination card?
I'm confused as well. Did you mean that the <48 hr antigen test was the only required medical document? In that case, the CDC card was of no concern to the authorities at LIS?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Yep, I was checked in ORD for CDC Vax card for Spain entry but they also checked my Antigen for LIS transit. On arrival in Lisbon, Immigration only wanted my Neg Antigen test and was let into Portugal.
To add, US passport and resident of Spain, but for the first time in 15 months was never asked by Check-in, gate agent, Immigration for my residency card ( I offered in LIS but they were not interested.)

Last edited by PIJD; Jul 7, 2021 at 6:16 am
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:15 am

Yep, I was checked in ORD for CDC Vax card for Spain entry but they also checked my Antigen for LIS transit. On arrival in Lisbon, Immigration only wanted my Neg Antigen test and was let into Portugal.
I did some research online and read that EITHER the PCR test (<72 hr) OR the rapid antigen test (<24 hr or <48 hr, conflicting info found on this) is acceptable.

Were you given a choice to show either the PCR or antigen test result?

Also, regarding the information on the test result document, is it sufficient to have your name, date, time and type of test and the result? Did they require your passport number be shown on the test result document as well?

Last edited by sfvoyage; Jul 9, 2021 at 12:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.