Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
I'm Flying to LIS from YYZ again this week, and just had a glace at the updated Tap Travel restrictions that now say you only need to show proof of negative Covid test (I was doing the Antigen tests before) if you are not Vaxxed, or if your Vax certificate is not recognized in Portugal.
anyone have any insight on this?
Ed
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by chris2323
Has anyone flown to Portugal recently from Africa and is vaccinated? I'm a US citizen and have my CDC vaccine card, but will be traveling from Ghana. From the IATA guidance, it seems only essential travel is allowed outside the list of approved countries unless you are a EU citizen or have the EU vaccine card or one of those deemed equivalent like from Panama or Isreal. But from the TAP website, it seems a bit more broad: "Passengers presenting a valid recovery/vaccination certificate issued by a third country"

Alternatively, I'm nervous about not being allowed in and thinking of changing my flights to have a connecting flight to Spain where the guidance seems clear I would be allowed in. But I don't see any guidance about transit being allowed either.

I'm planning to have a PCR test
Same situation.US citizen flying from Dominican republic to Geneva and transiting in Lisbon for 4 hs...cant find any info if i can transit.Any thoughts??
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA,DL,F9,UA,WN
Originally Posted by Aired
I'm Flying to LIS from YYZ again this week, and just had a glace at the updated Tap Travel restrictions that now say you only need to show proof of negative Covid test (I was doing the Antigen tests before) if you are not Vaxxed, or if your Vax certificate is not recognized in Portugal.
anyone have any insight on this? Ed
I noticed that update today regarding Portugal. If you're vaccinated, you no longer need a fresh covid19 test, just the proof of vaccination.
And completion of the Passenger Locator form.
Delta has a good interactive map at https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-p...p-destinations
Click on the little dot for Lisbon for full details on what is currently required or not required.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by SUPERTRAVEL
I noticed that update today regarding Portugal. If you're vaccinated, you no longer need a fresh covid19 test, just the proof of vaccination.
And completion of the Passenger Locator form.
Delta has a good interactive map at https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-p...p-destinations
Click on the little dot for Lisbon for full details on what is currently required or not required.
I don't know if that is totally accurate about the lifting of testing requirements for fully vaccinated travellers. If you go to Timatic it lists the specific countries which that applies to and neither Canada nor the USA are included.
Xyzzy and SUPERTRAVEL like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:42 pm
pxm

A caution for passengers flying from the US to Portugal: The CDC's vaccine certificate is not currently being accepted by TAP. While checking-in for a TAP flight at ORD, I noted that at least five individuals were refused passage by TAP because they did not have a valid antigen test. If, however, you have proof of an antigen test, or, as in my case, a European Digital COVID Certificate (for vaccination), you will not have any issues checking-in.
SUPERTRAVEL, 36902BRF and lcfowler like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by pxm
A caution for passengers flying from the US to Portugal: The CDC's vaccine certificate is not currently being accepted by TAP. While checking-in for a TAP flight at ORD, I noted that at least five individuals were refused passage by TAP because they did not have a valid antigen test. If, however, you have proof of an antigen test, or, as in my case, a European Digital COVID Certificate (for vaccination), you will not have any issues checking-in.
This is correct. When I checked-in for my TAP flight at EWR this past Thursday night, I had to show my fresh antigen test. The CDC vaccination card alone is not sufficient. Interestingly, although I had completed online the Passenger Locator form and printed a copy, neither the airline and no one at Lisbon airport ever asked to see it. When I returned to Lisbon from Madrid on Saturday, no one asked to see it for that flight either.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:25 am

Do the check-in staff and gate agents check the specs of the antigen test at all, or do they look only at the date it was done?
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by mmff
Do the check-in staff and gate agents check the specs of the antigen test at all, or do they look only at the date it was done?
It's impossible to know what they actually look at but my guess is they look at the date to make sure it's within specs and they look for the word "NEGATIVE". I doubt they look for other elements but can readily see it had a lab name and a doctor's name. My check-in agent on the outbound commented something like, "Oh, you had the test today" since I had indeed taken the test earlier that afternoon.
mmff and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:42 pm

YYZ to LIS do not need antigen test ….

just checked in but I did bring my shoppers antigen test lol.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:43 pm

If you expand the entry requirements pull-down on Delta, it says this:

Fully vaccinated passengers, in possession of a vaccination certificate accepted by Portugal, are exempt from presenting a COVID-19 test result.

Important: Fully vaccinated passengers who are not in possession of a vaccination certificate accepted by Portugal are required to present a Negative COVID-19 test result under the conditions shown below (Under “Other passengers arriving in Portugal”)

Passengers must present proof of vaccination - The certificate/document may be requested at different points of the trip. They must present proof of vaccination that must comply with Portugal's requirements. Passengers must ensure they meet the requirements to be considered fully vaccinated previously described.√

So, unless Portugal has changed and decided to recognize the CDC cards…it seems US citizens still need to test negative unless they have a vax cert recognized by Portugal, like the EU certificate.
Xyzzy and mmff like this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
YYZ to LIS do not need antigen test ….

just checked in but I did bring my shoppers antigen test lol.
same here, flew YYZ to Lis on Nov 5, I did a shoppers antigen as back up but was not asked for it, just asked for Vax certificate.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Non vaxxed, doing US-LIS R/Ts every other week.

I usually get a PCR test, but, Antigen is cheaper, so, I'll try that next time.
Didn't know it was accepted, great news.

Looking forward to moving to Mexico next month. No testing required!
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:20 pm

Just beware all PAX entering Portugal now require a COVID test regardless of vaccination
Old Nov 29, 2021, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Pilotbg
Just beware all PAX entering Portugal now require a COVID test regardless of vaccination
I believe the amendment doesn't come into force until 01 December, so there's a day to squeeze in on the strength of a vaccination certificate

flyinglan, 36902BRF and Aired like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Deleted Post

Last edited by Fontana; Dec 7, 2021 at 4:53 pm Reason: Answered in another thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.