Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marcin83
Portugal apparently will no longer require negative tests for vaccinated people. Does anyone know since when? Since right now, since weekend, since Monday, since Feb 10th?

https://www.portugal.gov.pt/pt/gc22/...inistros?i=468
I do not think that there has been any recent change in COVID testing requirement for entering/transferring Portugal from USA.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I do not think that there has been any recent change in COVID testing requirement for entering/transferring Portugal from USA.
Did I mention entering from USA?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Did I mention entering from USA?
But you did not mention any other country, either. 😭 The Portugal government treats EU citizens differently from those of the rest of the world.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by Kmxu
But you did not mention any other country, either. 😭 The Portugal government treats EU citizens differently from those of the rest of the world.
You´re right. I referred to entering from the EU.
They announced that testing will be removed for vaccinated people, but did not mention important details like when exactly.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Its still pretty vague, (see LInk) looks like it "might" be as of Feb. 9, and even though it references the EU Digital Certificate or "proof of vaccination that has been recognized", it doesn't mention whether it is strictly from EU member states which I highly doubt......I'm flying YYZ-LIS on Feb 18, so hopefully there will be more clarity by then.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rs-2022-02-03/
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Apparently the rules will change next week (9 Feb) but it is not exactly clear what the change is. I may have to transit LIS on 11 Feb (and again later this month) so I'm also interested in this.

Currently, the EU Digital Covid Certificate can only be used if issued/based on (negative) test or recovery from Covid infection; you can't enter or transit Portugal if the EU Digital Covid Certificate is issued based on vaccination. I believe the latter might be changed next week, but let us see.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Feb 9 ?

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Apparently the rules will change next week (9 Feb) but it is not exactly clear what the change is. I may have to transit LIS on 11 Feb (and again later this month) so I'm also interested in this.

Currently, the EU Digital Covid Certificate can only be used if issued/based on (negative) test or recovery from Covid infection; you can't enter or transit Portugal if the EU Digital Covid Certificate is issued based on vaccination. I believe the latter might be changed next week, but let us see.
Feb 9? Where are you reading this?? I am flying from Canada to Germany on the 9th. I received a notice from TAP - but - if refers to Dec 1:
COVID 19 – Restrições de viagem /Travel restrictions
I would find it helpful if you post your source? Details do matter!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Feb 9? Where are you reading this?? I am flying from Canada to Germany on the 9th. I received a notice from TAP - but - if refers to Dec 1:
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rs-2022-02-03/
I Haven't seen any definite date yet except in this article that states the current reg expires Feb. 9.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:15 am

I still did not book my BER-MAD flight in "C" for this Sunday.

I have 2 affordable options: a) BER-LIS-MAD with TP (cheaper); b) BER-MAD with IB

Given that the portuguese Government did not announce when this crazy testing rule for transsiting (airside) and triple vaccinated people is going to end, my money will go to IB... Sorry, TAP.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Sorry, I researched this earlier this week and the date 9 Feb was mentioned somewhere; I recall it as the expiry date for the current rules, i.e. new rules will apply from this date/10 Feb. but I'm def. not sure of this (and I don't think I pretended that in my earlier post today).

The source is the TAP webpage information and the links to various sources/information from Portuguese authorties.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I still did not book my BER-MAD flight in "C" for this Sunday.

I have 2 affordable options: a) BER-LIS-MAD with TP (cheaper); b) BER-MAD with IB

Given that the portuguese Government did not announce when this crazy testing rule for transsiting (airside) and triple vaccinated people is going to end, my money will go to IB... Sorry, TAP.
That seems sensible. And given the direct flight to MAD it seems almost logic IMO (coming from Northern Europe I would never fly via LIS to get Spain; a detour and waste of time with numerous direct flights to MAD, BCN, AGP, ALC etc).
Old Feb 6, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

No test required to enter Portugal as of Monday Feb 7th.

https://www.thestatesman.com/world/n...503044196.html
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Aired
No test required to enter Portugal as of Monday Feb 7th.

https://www.thestatesman.com/world/n...503044196.html
Provided you have an EU vaccine certificate, or an EU recognised certificate, such as the NHS app. CDC cards are not in scope. TAP agents are already aware of this update.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Provided you have an EU vaccine certificate, or an EU recognised certificate, such as the NHS app. CDC cards are not in scope. TAP agents are already aware of this update.

I”ve used my CDC (Canadian) for the last 5 YYZ-LIS trips from July- Dec, and it was always accepted both preboarding here in Canada and the few times they checked at LIS, so I expect this hasn’t changed, but of course you can never assume with TAP, so i’ll have to check as i’m booked for the 18 of this month.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:32 pm

Does Portugal recognize the white US vaccination card as proof? I didn't see that listed on one of the visit Portugal website pages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.