Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
ORD-LIS last night. We had checked in online and used those boarding passes to pass through security and access the lounge. 1 hour before planned departure we were paged by name to the desk to show our proof of vaccination. CDC cards were fine. At immigration in LIS this afternoon we were not asked for anything COVID-related.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The latest (22 June 2022) from visitportugal.com:

The vaccination certificate issued by Australia is accepted (Vaxzevria, Comirnaty, Spikevax, Nuvaxovid vaccines).
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
The latest (22 June 2022) from visitportugal.com:

The vaccination certificate issued by Australia is accepted (Vaxzevria, Comirnaty, Spikevax, Nuvaxovid vaccines).
Thank you for posting this, I was looking for Clinics in Madrid for a test before heading to Lisbon
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
CDC card or Antigen test?

Whats the consensus on the need to get an antigen test vs. CDC vaccination card? We are fully vaccinated and boosted but transferring in CMN to get to Lisbon. Do we need to take the test or CDC cards are ok?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Portugal has been recognizing US and Canada proof of vaccination among others, but it was hard to find this proof in writing, even with their flag carrier directly:

https://www.flytap.com/en-ca/alerts-...d-9b4baec90209

The information on Timatic does not reflect this which causes the confusion, plus the fact that the EU has not reached agreement to accept Canadian proof of vaccination even with QR codes is odd.

I am transiting LIS twice in the coming week and expect zero issues, as a fully-vaccinated Canadian with a booster within the past 270 days, which is current the EU standard.
Thanks for this. I am flying TAP from Canada to LIS next week. I'll keep this link handy.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
It looks like Portugal dropped both the vaccine and testing requirement yesterday:
https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/446781
joc111, scoobybpc and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed the previous Visit Portugal page has been totally deleted. Instead we have this:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/446781

which says "As of July 1, 2022, passengers entering national territory are no longer required to present proof of carrying out a test to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection with a negative result or to present a COVID-EU digital certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate issued by third countries, accepted or recognized in Portugal."

There is a high level of COVID in Portugal at the moment, though the numbers are now declining.
scoobybpc likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Hate to start this way, but I truly am asking for a friend. Is Portugal requiring any Covid test or vaccine? Looks like both requirements were dropped in July, but hoping for confirmation from those of you on the ground (in the air?).
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Plug the passenger info ( origin, nationality etc) and it gives you real-time status on requirements.

https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-...language=en-US
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by scoow
Hate to start this way, but I truly am asking for a friend. Is Portugal requiring any Covid test or vaccine? Looks like both requirements were dropped in July, but hoping for confirmation from those of you on the ground (in the air?).
No, there are no Covid, vaccine or other health checks by TAP or by the Portuguese authorities for inbound international travellers to LIS or OPO, just the usual Schengen passport check on arrival. So this thread remains up to date.
khkchan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.