Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2022, 1:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
For those of you flying TAP to or through Lisbon (and at EWR if applicable), were you able to get your boarding pass like normal at 24 hours prior to your flight or did you have to go to the check in desk and show covid documents before you got your boarding pass?
I think we've had this discussion already, for some months now TAP - or rather its GDS host Amadeus - has been issuing boarding passes at either 24 or 36 hours to departure. You get an email and a link in the email or you can login to your booking, both take you to the same Amadeus host. So the testing / paperwork / checking process is separate, it's all around a flag known as ADOC, additional documentation. Some airlines, won't issue a boarding pass if the ADOC flag is set, but TAP will issue a boarding pass.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
So the testing / paperwork / checking process is separate, it's all around a flag known as ADOC, additional documentation. Some airlines, won't issue a boarding pass if the ADOC flag is set, but TAP will issue a boarding pass.
Thank you corporate-wage-slave . I don't think, in all our previous discussions, I realized that TAP will issue a boarding pass. I thought NOT having a boarding pass was my major hurdle and why we have to find a way to spend 4 hours at EWR after landing from our UA positioning flight before being able to go to the TAP check-in desk. If we have a boarding pass from TAP, why can't we clear security in Terminal B right after we land from our Terminal C positioning flight?

So now that I know that, I'm confused as to why we'll need to go to the TAP check-in desk. Will that be just for them to validate our EUDCC? or does the gate agent validate the EUDCC?
Old May 19, 2022, 10:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can go straight to the gate and get checked there. I thiink the other thread was started by you quite some time ago, and at the time TAP was holding back some boarding pass printing. It's best to check these things close to departure, since a lot can and has changed. It is possible to over-think this area!
Graciecatt likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
BTW, since I'll be flying ORY-OPO on TP, how much in advance should I arrive at the airport to show my CDC card and possibly my negative test results if they ask? Flying next Monday at 9:55.
Old May 20, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by mtimmer
BTW, since I'll be flying ORY-OPO on TP, how much in advance should I arrive at the airport to show my CDC card and possibly my negative test results if they ask? Flying next Monday at 9:55.
The check-in desk will open 2 hours to departure, there's usually a queue of people from those who mistakenly turned up 3 hours early, so best aim to arrive 1 hr 45 minutes to 1 h 30 minutes to departure.
mtimmer likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
To update on my 23 May flight from ORY to OPO, not only did I not have to show my negative test results, but they didn’t even want to see my CDC vax certificate.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:02 pm

It depends on the gate agent, as long as you have something PRINTED OUT, contains LAB information, ph # , address, etc....it works

Also note that they now gave me hassles because I am 2x MRNA vaccinated but no booster yet.....they now consider that "INCOMPLETE" and require a negative test
Old May 23, 2022, 4:03 pm

They are now allowing online check-in
Old May 24, 2022, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by egypsy
They are now allowing online check-in
egypsy Who are you referring to specifically? Gate agents at ORY? For which airline?
Old May 26, 2022, 12:05 pm

Our quick experience with TAP/Portugal. Flew ORD-LIS-LHR on May 15 and LHR-LIS on May 21. At check-in both in ORD and LHR, all they cared about was the CDC vaccination card (even though we had our COVID tests done for ORD-LHR transit through LIS). No one checked anything at the LIS airport. We did not even get a COVID test done for our LHR-LIS leg.
Old May 26, 2022, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can go straight to the gate and get checked there. I thiink the other thread was started by you quite some time ago, and at the time TAP was holding back some boarding pass printing. It's best to check these things close to departure, since a lot can and has changed. It is possible to over-think this area!
corporate-wage-slave I am starting to lose it lol. Don't worry, we're leaving Wednesday and all my posts will stop

*IF* we get an actual boarding pass from TAP and check in online at T- 24 hours like normal, when we arrive in EWR Terminal C from our UA BOS-EWR positioning flight, we should be able to stay airside and go straight to the Polaris lounge to hang out until it's time to make our way over to Terminal B to our TAP EWR-LIS gate, correct? We won't need to exit security and come back in for the TAP flight, right, even though they are on separate tickets?

So then there will be no need to hang airside somewhere for 4 hours between flights until the TAP check-in gate opens, right?
Old May 26, 2022, 4:43 pm

corporate-wage-slave I am starting to lose it lol. Don't worry, we're leaving Wednesday and all my posts will stop

*IF* we get an actual boarding pass from TAP and check in online at T- 24 hours like normal, when we arrive in EWR Terminal C from our UA BOS-EWR positioning flight, we should be able to stay airside and go straight to the Polaris lounge to hang out until it's time to make our way over to Terminal B to our TAP EWR-LIS gate, correct? We won't need to exit security and come back in for the TAP flight, right, even though they are on separate tickets?

So then there will be no need to hang airside somewhere for 4 hours between flights until the TAP check-in gate opens, right?
No, this should work with the following caveats. (1) If you have checked baggage, your flight into EWR (if on Star Alliance partner) may check it through to TAP, (2) We were able to get an on-line boarding pass for our ORD-LIS flight, but they were calling all pax with a BP issued by another airlines or online BP to the gate to verify the vaccination certificate and reissuing a paper BP. This should still allow you to stay in the Polaris lounge airside.
Graciecatt likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by atsc
No, this should work with the following caveats. (1) If you have checked baggage, your flight into EWR (if on Star Alliance partner) may check it through to TAP, (2) We were able to get an on-line boarding pass for our ORD-LIS flight, but they were calling all pax with a BP issued by another airlines or online BP to the gate to verify the vaccination certificate and reissuing a paper BP. This should still allow you to stay in the Polaris lounge airside.
Thank you atsc We will not have checked bags so we will have everything with us. That's great to know about the gate calling people up to give them a paper BP.

How long before the flight did you go to the gate? Any earlier to account for being given a paper boarding pass?
Old May 27, 2022, 8:10 am

Thank you atsc We will not have checked bags so we will have everything with us. That's great to know about the gate calling people up to give them a paper BP.

How long before the flight did you go to the gate? Any earlier to account for being given a paper boarding pass?
We got to the gate only about 45 minutes before the departure time. We had the paper BPs issued at ORD check-in desk.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:44 am

So you still had to go to the check-in desk? I thought you said the paper BP was issued at the gate.

We are flying BOS-EWR on UA then separate ticket EWR-LIS-BCN. I was hoping to get a real BP online at 24 hours before take off like normal and avoid having to leave airside once we land at EWR to go to the TAP check-in desk at EWR then go back through security. The issue is the EWR TAP check in desk doesn't open until around 2 pm and we land from BOS at 9:30.

I was hoping to have a real BP from TAP so we could stay airside once we land at EWR

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 27, 2022 at 4:27 pm Reason: incorrectly edited

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.