Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:59 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by WWBGD
I agree with catdad.

reached my spend amt about 8 weeks ago, and have not seen one bonus point. Is there something that I didn't do, or someone that I can call to get this straighened out?

Any help would be appreciated.

wwbgd
There is an American Express presence here at Flyertalk, but they do not post publicly all that often. When they do, they usually suggest contacting them via the secure message center once you have logged into your American Express account online.

Search for posts by Amex Customer Care and you'll find their first names, so the message can be sent to their attention.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by catdad
AMEX is making no freinds with this promo!

I applied for the Starwood AMEX in early July, then met the spend threshold by mid-July.

Since then, AMEX has failed to post my 30,000 promo bonus on the August and September statements. My October statement issues next week. If the bonus miles post then, I will have waited 13 weeks since spending the required $1000 on the card.

I'd like to see AMEX wait 13 weeks before posting a charge to my account!
It looks like a lot of us that applied around this same time period and weren't lucky enough to get the points right away. I'm wondering if those who haven't received the points used to have an AMEX Starwood card in the past and cancelled within the first year? I had one about 2 years ago that I cancelled after a month since AMEX refused to honor the 10k bonus I had signed up under. I'm guessing that this time, they want to keep us as cardholders for at least 3 months (12 weeks) before either issuing the bonus points or "claiming" that we're not eligible for some made up reason (I too verified with a CSR that I was qualified this time but that doesn't guarantee that it will go through). Perhaps it helps their financials when reporting churn rates to Wall Street. Just a thought.....
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by manico
It looks like a lot of us that applied around this same time period and weren't lucky enough to get the points right away. I'm wondering if those who haven't received the points used to have an AMEX Starwood card in the past and cancelled within the first year? I had one about 2 years ago that I cancelled after a month since AMEX refused to honor the 10k bonus I had signed up under. I'm guessing that this time, they want to keep us as cardholders for at least 3 months (12 weeks) before either issuing the bonus points or "claiming" that we're not eligible for some made up reason (I too verified with a CSR that I was qualified this time but that doesn't guarantee that it will go through). Perhaps it helps their financials when reporting churn rates to Wall Street. Just a thought.....
Nope, I am totally new to Starwood and to the SPG card, and I am still waiting.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
I too, am totally new, and still waiting.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:30 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
1st transaction 7/11; $1000 threshold reached 7/22. Still no bonuses. No previous AMEX SPG card.

Debating whether or not to call - I guess 12 weeks have not passed since I met the threshold; 12 weeks seems ridiculous, especially since the earned points for spend post right away.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 6:18 am

Very Disappointed

I originally had a personal card a few years back and still had it. I applied and was approved for the business card back in early August. I got the spend out of the way in the first few weeks with the card. Instantly, the 10,000 points were posted. Finally the rest of it was posted today, about 1.5 months later. To top it all off I was thinking that I was going to get 40,000 points in all since it was a business card and most everyone was getting this. I only received a total of 30,000 spg points...

+10000 08/26/2010 SPG AX 1ST PURCHASE OPEN (AX)

+20000 10/06/2010 SPG AX NEW MBR SPEND BONUS-CSR

Should I send them an email saying what's up with this or let it go?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I had a conference call today with SPG Platinum line and AmEx -- AmEx lady said I had definitely met all the deadline and spend criteria but they were having internal problems with the posting and still didn't know when it would happen. For your peace of mind, I'd call AmEx and at least get them to note that you had met all of the requirements. (I would need this for my neurotic peace of mind.)
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
1st transaction 7/11; $1000 threshold reached 7/22. Still no bonuses. No previous AMEX SPG card.

Debating whether or not to call - I guess 12 weeks have not passed since I met the threshold; 12 weeks seems ridiculous, especially since the earned points for spend post right away.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by wildway
I too, am totally new, and still waiting.
+1
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:33 am

Programs: US,PC
Add one more to waiting list!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum, Jet Blue Mosaic
Both my wife and I individually applied for the business and the individual SPG Amex cards. Three of the cards were credited with 30K points fairly quickly. The fourth (spouse's business card) has only been credited with 20 K. This after more than 8 weeks have passed.

AMEX tells me that, according to their system, the additional 10K points have been earned but will be posted within 8 to 12 weeks as per T & C. Their responses sounded as if they are providing a canned response from thier computer screen (customer's questions and suggested response).

They are unable to provide any intelligent guess for the discrepancy in posting from one account to the other.

I mentioned that many applicants had been awarded 40k for a business account and that they could read about it on Flyer Talk. Their response was that "you can't believe everything you read".

Personally, I do not find dealing with AMEX customer service to be a positive experience and intend to close at least 2 if not 3 of the cards received.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by kayjay
Both my wife and I individually applied for the business and the individual SPG Amex cards. Three of the cards were credited with 30K points fairly quickly. The fourth (spouse's business card) has only been credited with 20 K. This after more than 8 weeks have passed.

AMEX tells me that, according to their system, the additional 10K points have been earned but will be posted within 8 to 12 weeks as per T & C. Their responses sounded as if they are providing a canned response from thier computer screen (customer's questions and suggested response).

They are unable to provide any intelligent guess for the discrepancy in posting from one account to the other.

I mentioned that many applicants had been awarded 40k for a business account and that they could read about it on Flyer Talk. Their response was that "you can't believe everything you read".

Personally, I do not find dealing with AMEX customer service to be a positive experience and intend to close at least 2 if not 3 of the cards received.
Why would you mention that some people got extra? Please don't do something like this again. I haven't had my points posted yet, and I'm still waiting to call. However the last thing I, or anyone should do, is alert them to mistakes they made in the consumers favor.

If you don't know why you shouldn't do that, FlyerTalk isn't the place for you.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by silam
Why would you mention that some people got extra? Please don't do something like this again. I haven't had my points posted yet, and I'm still waiting to call. However the last thing I, or anyone should do, is alert them to mistakes they made in the consumers favor.

If you don't know why you shouldn't do that, FlyerTalk isn't the place for you.
Next time I receive extra on anything I should just my mouth shut eh?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Not a single bonus point has posted to my DW's account. She applied for a personal card. I had applied for both personal as well as business card and 30K bonus points posted promptly for both cards. We have sent AMEX a secure message this morning. Will report back when we hear from them.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
Thank you, Starwood Lurker (post 766 above)!

I emailed via the "secure message center" on Wed. My sign-up 30,000 point bonus posted today. This is 14 weeks since my spend passed the $1000 threshold!

I gather from my fellow posters that the delay in my case is not at all unusual. AMEX has the strategy in place to require a 3 statement waiting period before posting these Starwood chargecard sign up bonuses.

How about a new ad campaign to promote the Starwood AMEX card: Sign up for our Starwood American Express card and wait longer for your enrollment bonus than for any other chargecard! Sign up today, use the card, see your charges post to your account the same day, then mark your calendar to beg for your missing sign-up bonus in 4 months!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:30 am

Still waiting on my wife's as well. Seems like every time I try to do a secure message they are having problems with it.

As long as I get the points posted sometime, I'm fine with it. Obviously, others are in the same boat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.