Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex 30'000 starpoints with $1000 spending

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
More than 12 weeks have passed for me since I reached my required spend, and still no Starpoints. I am getting the same responses from AMEX that many others are getting - wait, wait, and wait some more.

Tonight I received a survey from AMEX asking how I felt about my experience with my email responses from them. I let them know how disappointed I am in them, and how I will not be referring anyone to AMEX. I hope they are listening.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:53 pm

Add me to the list!

It's been about 12 weeks since I hit my spending limit and nothing has posted.

In addition, I got 2 additional cards for the 1000 point bonus on each, but nothing from them either.

I'm on hold right now.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Footypjman, I had to email AMEX to get my 2000 Starpoints for additional cardmembers. Those miles posted within a couple days after I emailed them.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm still waiting to. After being told I needed 8-12 weeks from 8/11 (date of 1K spend), then told I actually hit it on 8/17 and to contact them on 11/17, I was told that it was 8-12 weeks from the billing cycle, not the spend date.

Then the guy on the phone was like, yeah, I bet you read the terms and conditions a million times, sarcastically.

Jerks.

I'm canceling the card once the 30K points post, even though I was starting to make it my primary card.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Secure Amex works well.

I helped 4 family members apply for the 30,000 point card. Two posted with no issue. Other two took two Amex e mails, on the Amex site. All miles are now posted.
That was more than 12 weeks, but everyone is happy, and planning a nice family getaway.

My suggestion is skip the phone call and use the Amex site "contact us email". It always works, and everything is documented.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I helped 4 family members apply for the 30,000 point card. Two posted with no issue. Other two took two Amex e mails, on the Amex site. All miles are now posted.
That was more than 12 weeks, but everyone is happy, and planning a nice family getaway.

My suggestion is skip the phone call and use the Amex site "contact us email". It always works, and everything is documented.
I can also attest, that was able to get my 30k points after contacting online customer service. However it did take 14 weeks
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
AmEx has dropped the ball badly here in terms of goodwill, but I will say I got my bonus points promptly in response to a secure e-mail requesting them after the 12 weeks stated in the t&cs.

I applied, and was approved, for personal and business cards in July (forget exact dates, but both cards' first cycles closed in mid-August). I wrote a secure e-mail sometime in October, stating I hadn't received bonus points for either card. Got back the typical template response, "Please wait until the 12week t&c response time." I contacted AmEx two days after my third billing cycle had closed on both accounts, received a response within 12 hours that all bonus points would post to my SPG account within three-five days, and within three days, they did post. It's all good.

Alternately, I applied for the Citi Visa 75,000k bonus mile promo in September, made the minimum spend in the first week, and all bonus miles posted to my AAdvantage account @ two days after the close of my first billing cycle. ^

I'm not thrilled with the way AmEx handled this promo, but feel confident telling anyone waiting for their bonus points to contact them through a secure e-mail as soon as you are eligible under the t&c's, and you should have no problem getting them posted.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles

Still haven't recieved the 30K for both me and my girlfriend. It's been over 12 weeks and I called and still nothing. Going to try the email, seems like that's the way to go.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SkyPesos peon
I am reminded of the Eliza Doolittle refrain from My Fair Lady, "just you wait, Enry Iggins, just you wait!

Starwood, you do yourself much harm with AMEX. You have your name on these affinity cards. Lean on American Express to award these sign-on bonuses in a timely manner.
You are implicated in this scam, even if the fault lies with AMEX. Instead of instructing us how to secure message AMEX after 12 weeks of waiting, why don't you kick but at AMEX instead!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum
been 10 weeks for my wife got this

I understand your concern. These bonus Starpoints will be awarded in full 8-12 weeks after meeting the $1,000 spend threshold. They may appear in increments of 10,000 and 20,000 during the fulfillment time frame.

If you have not received these bonus points when the time frame has passed, please let us know. We will be glad to issue these bonus points manually for you.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sincerely,
Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:54 am

Got the same email, when the 12 weeks was up I sent another email and they credited the points almost immediately
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by lehms
been 10 weeks for my wife got this

I understand your concern. These bonus Starpoints will be awarded in full 8-12 weeks after meeting the $1,000 spend threshold. They may appear in increments of 10,000 and 20,000 during the fulfillment time frame.

If you have not received these bonus points when the time frame has passed, please let us know. We will be glad to issue these bonus points manually for you.

I hope this information is helpful. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sincerely,
Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services
Finally got mine yesterday after 14 weeks. When they deposited the 30K they somehow subtracted 30K also. I finally got them to put the 30K back after a few more emails. They also gave me 4K more and a $75 credit for the trouble, so it turned out better for me. My girlfriend still hasn't got hers but they said it's coming and also gave her 3K more. So I'd suggest emailing them back a few times to push it and they'll end up giving you a little extra.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tripaddict
My wife signed up for this offer on July 29, spent $1500 before the first statement in Sept, and no points posted. SPG said wait a month, still no points.

SPG transfered me over to Amex and they now claim there is no promo on her account, not even the base 10k offer.

I cited two Q codes found on FT, and the rep said those were only valid from June 30-July 6.

Has anyone who signed up late July received points? Do we have an offer code to provide Amex to look for this?
Following up here - had instant success when sending a private message to Amex through the account portal.

Said if they didn't deposit any points, then to go ahead and close the account so I could try again some other time.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: jetblue mosaic, spg plat/ambassador, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by tripaddict
Following up here - had instant success when sending a private message to Amex through the account portal.
I signed up on the last day of the promotion and spent the 1k within a week or so of getting the card. I didn't get any bonus (not even the 10k initial sign up), called up SPG last week (not AMEX), and within a day they dropped the 20k + 10k into the account. No complaints on SPG customer service from this guy.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:39 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Call and ask for a supervisor at Amex.
I was getting the run around through "contact us", called the agent who wanted to "start an investigation", asked for a supervisor who agreed that the previous agent (when I signed up) had confirmed the sign-on bonus. Points credited right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.