Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 9:44 am

Bill Owen's blog post: http://www.blogsouthwest.com/august-...e-changes-now/ . He mentions "the summary below" to see all changes, but I don't see that. MCI has tweeted of a second MCI-DCA non-stop starting Aug. 9.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:27 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Both CMH-BOS and CMH-OAK are absolutely HUGE for me, although the nonstop to OAK is not at a convenient time (mid-afternoon). Prices on both of these new routes are incredible at the moment, too.
Time to visit The US Air Force Museum!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:03 am

What's the deal with the messages about some routes to international destinations being discontinued?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by trouble747
What's the deal with the messages about some routes to international destinations being discontinued?
That's what i am trying to figure out. The international desk is impossible to connect with today. Upthread i mentioned Cabo. All but SNA looks like is either stopped or not loaded. Cabo doesn't say "discontinued" as other international destinations do. It says "not scheduled"-at least for BWI.

Weird.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:58 am

See from the blog post I linked:
The end of a number of seasonal, summer-oriented markets—26 of them, in fact, and four more markets will go from daily in the summer to Saturday-only in August-October.
SJD-DEN appears to be one that's becoming Saturday only.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by rove312
See from the blog post I linked:

SJD-DEN appears to be one that's becoming Saturday only.
Gotcha but the bwi route shows on random later Sept and October Saturdays. Some days I can get there-but can't get back.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:35 pm

The blog post states:

The next schedule extension—the November/December one, which is the most complex of the entire year!—is planned to be released on May 14. In the meantime, be on the lookout for schedule changes, and I will try to walk everyone through them as they are released.
Am I reading something in to this, or will there be changes in the schedule before the next extension? WN did make changes, after the last release. Will this "work in progress" become their MO?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Here is that summary they mentioned. Overall nothing too exciting. The new markets listed below
  • Boston-Columbus 2x daily
  • Columbus-Oakland 1x daily
  • Ft. Lauderdale-Washington/Reagan National 1x daily
  • Orange County-Portland, OR 2x daily

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/wp-cont...is-summary.pdf
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by mke9499
The blog post states:

Am I reading something in to this, or will there be changes in the schedule before the next extension? WN did make changes, after the last release. Will this "work in progress" become their MO?
The next schedule extension on May 14, 2015 for November 2015 schedule.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:05 pm

any chance of Nov and Dec schedules opening before May 14th?
I have trips planned for thanksgiving and christmas and cannot afford to be even an hour late in reserving tix. need to jump on it as soon as the schedules open up....
I'm guessing that's the recommendation here as well?
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:46 pm

You can keep checking the Travel Tools page https://www.southwest.com/html/trave...ndex.html?int= and see if the extension date changes. It's at least questionable whether you'll see the best fares for peak dates at schedule opening.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:40 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by gordita
I have trips planned for thanksgiving and christmas and cannot afford to be even an hour late in reserving tix.
Why?

Southwest almost never offers its best prices at first. The best price is usually 8 to 12 weeks before travel.

One exception I have seen is the day before Thanksgiving. If you see low fares that day they will sell out the first day, but certainly not the first hour.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by nsx
One exception I have seen is the day before Thanksgiving. If you see low fares that day they will sell out the first day, but certainly not the first hour.
Right! It will be so extremely busy again. They were always so busiest holidays travel. he have to get a ticket before the flight is sold out. he had to get a ticket for more than 5 or 6 months in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Why?

Southwest almost never offers its best prices at first. The best price is usually 8 to 12 weeks before travel.

I have booked ( already completed one trip) 3 SW flights in the last 8 months, not one has ever been cheaper than the day I booked which is the day the schedule opened

Here are my pending flights .........

My MSP/TPA that I booked on 11/10/2014 for 23,051 points is currently 34,187 points.

My MSP/BDL that I booked on 12/17/14 for 24,222 is currently 31,972 points.

All flights are using WGA fares

I'm new to SW but since the points are refundable IF the prices goes down why would you even consider waiting to book ?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
The next schedule extension on May 14, 2015 for November 2015 schedule.
Crap, I was hoping they would open up the late October (10/31/15) and November schedule before the April 17th point devaluation. I guess I'll have an extra month to try and earn some extra points to make up the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.