Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by lougord99
I had an early morning flight booked that changed to leaving 20 minutes earlier. I would assume that is for padding reasons. It is rare to have an already booked flight change.
Were you notified?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Yes. I received an email and then I received a phone call from a real person. Both said that I could get 1 free reschedule. I guess they do this so rarely, that they can afford to call everyone.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:20 am

Yes. I received an email and then I received a phone call from a real person. Both said that I could get 1 free reschedule. I guess they do this so rarely, that they can afford to call everyone.
It usually only happens after a new schedule and only 1-2 times with in a month or or two of that release. All changes are manually done and notification is required by law with in a certain time frame.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I just got another phone call about another change to a different upcoming flight. This never use to happen.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:17 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just got another phone call about another change to a different upcoming flight. This never use to happen.
This may be part of an attempt to fix rampant delays late in the day.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:41 am

Figures,I go to book my trip last night. I come home the day after the schedule extension . Looks like I have to wait til August 25th.Also,dows WN allow multi-city interaries to be booked ? I am needing to book BUF-FLL-TPA-ROC. Or do I have to do it was 3 one-ways?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by United_727
Figures,I go to book my trip last night. I come home the day after the schedule extension . Looks like I have to wait til August 25th.Also,dows WN allow multi-city interaries to be booked ? I am needing to book BUF-FLL-TPA-ROC. Or do I have to do it was 3 one-ways?
Southwest does allow multi-city bookings but only 3 cities.

Around here people generally recommend that you book one ways.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by United_727
If you want it on one PNR, you can call and they will do it over the phone. Some here like to break things out so they aren't exposing themselves to the No Show policy and waiting for points to post. Of course if you aren't in a high need to get points right away or you can spare the time to call in 10-minutes prior to departure...you wouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Slightly off-topic with this, but here goes. Had been waiting for the schedule extension to book a January 2015 getaway, and since my CP is renewing for next year after this week, I thought it was time to go for it. Logged on today to book BNA -> AUA and got an error message that this was no longer a valid city pair and that service on this route was ending 1/5/15.

Is WN pulling out of AUA already? I'm hoping that the International schedule just hasn't been updated. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:14 pm

It would indicate that the schedule doesn't allow for a same-day connection on your day of travel, but the message looks wrong, since I can pull up BNA-AUA via MCO on Jan. 14. Aha, I think the problem is with the return flight: no same-day connections out of AUA.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by sleasure
Slightly off-topic with this, but here goes. Had been waiting for the schedule extension to book a January 2015 getaway, and since my CP is renewing for next year after this week, I thought it was time to go for it. Logged on today to book BNA -> AUA and got an error message that this was no longer a valid city pair and that service on this route was ending 1/5/15.

Is WN pulling out of AUA already? I'm hoping that the International schedule just hasn't been updated. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
If you're dead set on going to AUA in January you could book it as two one-ways and have back-up res for BWI-BNA on first flight out the next morning.

Leg 1-AUA-BWI 340pm-715pm
Leg 2-BWI-BNA 8pm-905pm
Backup Leg - BWI-BNA 615am-720am (next morning)

Obviously a points booking is best way to avoid no show penalty. Or if you're flying on cash you just have to remember to cancel if you're going to miss the 2nd leg... or cancel Backup Leg if you make Leg 2.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by bon95
If you're dead set on going to AUA in January you could book it as two one-ways and have back-up res for BWI-BNA on first flight out the next morning.

Leg 1-AUA-BWI 340pm-715pm
Leg 2-BWI-BNA 8pm-905pm
Backup Leg - BWI-BNA 615am-720am (next morning)

Obviously a points booking is best way to avoid no show penalty. Or if you're flying on cash you just have to remember to cancel if you're going to miss the 2nd leg... or cancel Backup Leg if you make Leg 2.
Thanks, makes sense, Bon. So, WN isn't pulling out of AUA or anything, we're just back to booking positioning flights again? Really, this is more of an IT issue than a schedule extension issue I guess.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:38 pm

Or they aren't very confident of an on-time arrival, subject to international complications (although I know AUA has pre-clearance and the flight should be like a domestic arrival) and they don't want to feel any obligation to hold the connecting flight.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

When is the next extension? I need tix for mid-March!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Boraxo
When is the next extension? I need tix for mid-March!
Actually, the next schedule extension is on Aug 25, 2014. Please be patient! Give it some time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.